Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. But i figured i should at least give them the benefit of the doubt. South's secondary has been less than impressive, so maybe Greeneville can get it going in the air...

but then again. Greeneville's secondary has been less than impressive as well. South can also pick them apart. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Greeneville's secondary had 3 picks last night. . . not bad in my book

Greeneville's secondary had 3 picks last night. . . not bad in my book

Agreed, that was the bright spot in an otherwise lackluster defensive performance.....more concerned with the line......no penetration at all. Boone just lined up and ran right at 'em and they just folded...

Well i don't have anything to say. I think South should run Greeneville over. The team we had last year was probably one of the best they will have in a while. We can keep on saying that the defense is horrible and this and that but why did we only score 17pts last night with whats supposed to be a great offense. Here is the when we run we run up the middle and the oline doesn't block. If we run outside we usually get 5 yds. When we pass the ball 75% of the ball are catchable and yet last night there were probably more than 10 dropped passes. IF South can pass the ball and if u can go more than 20yds with it, you have the secondary beat big time. If trevon isn't playing then throw all night long.

For someone that didn't have anything to say, you sure said alot! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This game shouldn't be close. But, last year's first game shouldn't have been close either. I'll say we win by 2 or 3 td's.

Awesome game last night Rebels!! You were men among boys! Beedle your strength and leadership on the field was a testiment to the fine young man you are! Spin Dr, once again you defined the term "skilled position"! What was most impressive is the TEAM effort going on out there! Seeing these younger players stepping up and learning from the veterans is what it is all about! Thursday night the Freshman were at JFred and lost a heck of a ball game in overtime and it meant alot to those boys to see many of our Varsity team members in the stands supporting them. This is why the winning tradition continues here at South!

Now about next Friday night against Greeneville, first of all get to Death Valley early to get a seat! I imagine the stands will be at capacity and when the whistle blows I believe it will be all South! Caution here though because you need to come out ready to fight and plan to keep it up the entire game. Sorry about Zack last night and I sure hope there are no injuries on either side this week. Go Rebs!

Last year was a fluke.

South will destroy Greenville, plain and simple.

Rebels = 49 OR 56

Devils = 21

Last year was not a fluke and many fine South supporters gave Greeneville plenty of Credit. The Game was a spring board game for both teams. South who was the best team without a doubt in NET, a top 4 team 4A across the state benifited from that loss. (it was a good loss) They played with a different attitude and emotion for rest the year and never took anything for grant it again.

For Greeneville who came into the game not knowing who they were and their true potential it was a great win as they realed off 9 straight wins. The better team without a doubt went onto play Maryville.

Greeneville is in the same situation this year, but I truely believe South is in a much better situation than they were last year. Too many good Rebel fans who won't fill there players heads full of the high and mighty accolades. If there were just a few more pumpkinheads, Greeneville might have chance. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I think south has the potential to make this a onesided game. Offensively, they've looked very solid. Anytime you can average 20+yards per carry, you know you're doing alright. However, i would not look over greeneville. Last year coming into the south game they had lost to boonej 14-0 the week before. So i wouldn't put as much store in the prior weeks as some might be tempted to. South's defense needs to solidify a bit before i feel assured of victory. And does anyone know how greeneville's o-line looks? How many are returning from last year? Also, are they keeping the look of a smaller, faster d-line this year?

Last year was not a fluke and many fine South supporters gave Greeneville plenty of Credit. The Game was a spring board game for both teams. South who was the best team without a doubt in NET, a top 4 team 4A across the state benifited from that loss. (it was a good loss) They played with a different attitude and emotion for rest the year and never took anything for grant it again.

For Greeneville who came into the game not knowing who they were and their true potential it was a great win as they realed off 9 straight wins. The better team without a doubt went onto play Maryville.

Greeneville is in the same situation this year, but I truely believe South is in a much better situation than they were last year. Too many good Rebel fans who won't fill there players heads full of the high and mighty accolades. If there were just a few more pumpkinheads, Greeneville might have chance. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Now now, don't throw a hissy. I could have been clearer on what I consider a fluke I guess, my apologies. What I meant was, yes Greenville beat South last year, but (in just MY opinion) the reason they beat south was they were off, maybe because of their recent success against the devils the past few years, who know's what it was. They didn't play to their potential, Greenville did, and they made south pay for it. This is probably a duh statement but if they had been on that game, they wouldn't have lost. I am not one to bring up past scores if I can help it, because that's what they are, PAST scores. But, the regular season game was...23-21? I can't remember the exact score, but it was something like that wasn't it? And the playoff game was 41-14. They were on that game.

All of the South Vs. Greenville games I have ever seen have been close, I don't remember ever seeing a blowout. I'm sure this one will be played just as close, unless greenville is just way down from last year. Should be a good one.

We were making wagers on how quick this thread would take off last night. Wait till Kevo and 7Devils get on here. Barb...better be ready with noonesfool to ref this potential gang warfare.

I got no dogs in this fight. I dont live in Gville anymore an will not be at anymore of there games unless we get more hurricanes....... ok i might be up there this week lol

but back to the game with barner out an hall marked as a maybe i dont know could be ugly. i hope greenway stays safe this game cuz i got a feeling he will be taking alot of hits. good luck both teams

Gville 93

South -6 /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

you laugh now but if by some crazy reason that score happens i will take all apology's in written or verbal forms. Oh an if it happens pizza party at noonesfool's house