Dyer County vs. McNairy Central

adsmom86

Peyton is ready to go,but doc wants him to hang out against McNairy so he will be ready for conf. play.

GLAD TO HEAR LUCAS WILL BE BACK FOR THE REGION GAMES..MAN I HATE TO HEAR MCLIN AND COACHES DIDNT TAKE DRS ADVICE CORRECTLY..NO ONE CAN OVERCOME THESE TYPE INJURIES EASILY ESPECIALLY PLAYING F/B ..HE WOULD HAVE BEEN THE EXTRA FORCE DC NEEDED ON "O" N "D"... SOMEONE GONNA HAVE TO STEP UP BIG AS IM SURE THEY WILL

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know alot about Dyer CO. I know last year, they like to throw the ball alot. Do they still spread it out and throw? I do know that two keys of this game will be

1. Will Dyer CO run the football? Last year they threw alot against McNairy and it didn't get anywhere. McNairy's run defense has been bad this year. If they are able to run with success then it will open up their passing game and they could put up alot of offensive numbers.

2. Will McNairy give Sutton the ball? Yankees, you want a D1 prospect, with hard work I think this Freshman will be a D1 prospect. I believe he is 5'10 and 185. He runs with alot of power and has good speed. He had 27 car for 169 yds and 3td's in game 1 vs Adamsville but he only got the ball 5 times for 29 yds in the 1st half against Lexington last week. He finished with 12 car for 68 yds. If McNairy pounds it with him and gets Dyer Co. focusing on him then Jones and Westbrooks will reel off some huge plays in the run game.

The two bad things about Homecoming games are 1. Sometimes the home team can lose focus on the game and 2. The visiting team always takes it personal.

I don't know who will win but I think it will be a good close game.

I have now been told that Peyton Lucas will be out for the season with a torn ACL. Tough luck for another senior player. The worst news from this is how Renshaw was quoted in the local paper that he would like the doctors to allow Lucas to play with a brace on the knee. Is this coach crazy? This kid should be shut down for the season regardless of what this coach wants. They have already attempted to bring McLin back from a serious knee injury after just two weeks off, and now his football carreer could be over. How could he even think about letting another player do the exact same thing. This is reaching a level where something should be done.

I have now been told that Peyton Lucas will be out for the season with a torn ACL. Tough luck for another senior player. The worst news from this is how Renshaw was quoted in the local paper that he would like the doctors to allow Lucas to play with a brace on the knee. Is this coach crazy? This kid should be shut down for the season regardless of what this coach wants. They have already attempted to bring McLin back from a serious knee injury after just two weeks off, and now his football carreer could be over. How could he even think about letting another player do the exact same thing. This is reaching a level where something should be done.

idk what the deal with peyton is, but mclin hurt his knee on the august 15. that was 3 weeks ago last friday. not 2. i dont get why peyton would be playing on a torn acl though.

Actual quote in paper was...."Peyton has a torn ACL and his status now is that he is out. Doctors are looking at possible braces for him to be able to play, but that decision will be up to Peyton." NOWHERE did Renshaw say he would like for doctors to allow him to play with a brace. If you are gonna post something ...get it right. Unless you have spoken with Peyton's doctor, family or Renshaw....which seems highly unlikely you should get your stuff in order.

Actual quote in paper was...."Peyton has a torn ACL and his status now is that he is out. Doctors are looking at possible braces for him to be able to play, but that decision will be up to Peyton." NOWHERE did Renshaw say he would like for doctors to allow him to play with a brace. If you are gonna post something ...get it right. Unless you have spoken with Peyton's doctor, family or Renshaw....which seems highly unlikely you should get your stuff in order.

It sounds to me like you think that you are the coach or doctor. When the coach has already brought another kid back too early(McLin), the last thing that he should say is that it is up to Peyton if he wants to play or not. This is someone trying to pressure a kid to comeback when he shouldn't. Whether you like it or not this is a situation where a coach feels like he must do everything he can to win because now he is expected to win after last season. It seems like he is the person that needs to get his stuff in order.

It sounds to me like you think that you are the coach or doctor. When the coach has already brought another kid back too early(McLin), the last thing that he should say is that it is up to Peyton if he wants to play or not. This is someone trying to pressure a kid to comeback when he shouldn't. Whether you like it or not this is a situation where a coach feels like he must do everything he can to win because now he is expected to win after last season. It seems like he is the person that needs to get his stuff in order.

You are a joke to question renshaws character behind a screen name! Grow a pair and go to him directly if you want to question his character as a person or coach!

You are a joke to question renshaws character behind a screen name! Grow a pair and go to him directly if you want to question his character as a person or coach!

You must not be able to comprehend what you read. I said nothing about his character. I said that he used bad judgement becuase he feels that he must do whatever it takes to have another winning season to get away from the fluke year claims that are still going around. And by the way, you are behind a screen name running your mouth as well, so it sounds to me that your man-pouch is just as empty.

You must not be able to comprehend what you read. I said nothing about his character. I said that he used bad judgement becuase he feels that he must do whatever it takes to have another winning season to get away from the fluke year claims that are still going around. And by the way, you are behind a screen name running your mouth as well, so it sounds to me that your man-pouch is just as empty.

I ain't got a "dog in in this fight" but I do have a comment. 10 - 2 is no fluke ! Especially when you go undefeated in Region 7- 3A play which many consider to be one of the most competitive Regions in 3-A. Most likely those saying "fluke" are a good ol case of "sour grapes". I'm behind a screen name but there are several lurkiin' around that know who I am. Injuries happen .............. happened to my young un last year late in the season. I don't beleive for one minute that Adam Renshaw would press a kid to play that was injured nor do I beleive that any Sports Medicine "Doc" would allow it ! Do you know Coach Renshaw ? H311 mine would have liked to put cleats in his cast last year for the "Haywood Round 2" playoff game that's the way kids are. But I'm sorry I don't have Adam Renshaw putting ego or "proving something" above a young mans future or physical well being.

Again I would re-emphasize that 10 - 2 in 7 - 3A is in no way a fluke ! Just a D@^^n good football team !

you only say that dc wasnt a fluke because your kid was on the team last year. I think you all need to get over what dhendren said and just accept the fact that renshaw stinks as a coach. he doesnt know what he's doing. he finally had a fluke season last year and now all choctaw supporters are putting pressure on him now to have the same results. hes been there what five or six years now? look at the talent he's had in the past. he just doesnt know how to coach. after another failing season this year he better start looking in the wanted ads. how could any coach that wasnt desperate allow a player to put on the pads when the acl was almost torn completely 3 weeks ago. he doesnt care about his players. his motto is to either look good losing rather than look bad winning. choctaws will go 3-10.

McNairy 28- DC -21.....Dylan Dye was thrown in the fire early...Choctaws down 21-7...came back to tie it 21-21...Let McNairy drive and score ....BALLGAME 28-21.....Choctaws SEEMED REALLY FLAT to me....They miss Peyton Lucas....and I think the "Emotional blow" of losing E-Mac will played a big part in their minds...Still ALOT of young players on the field for DC...4 freshman at one time...If the Northview program stays together and these young players develop...Then look for them to be OK...Hard game for a freshman to come in under those circumstances.....