Blackman at Brentwood...what do we think?

bearfeet

I saw some of the O line last night and I never realized how BIG these boys are. If Blackman will stop trying to hit the corner for the big play and run up the middle for 5 yard gains, I think they will be fine. Intensity will not be an issue either. The boys are ready to play football and forget about last week.

Coaches,

Please give these young men a chance to succeed! Size, strength, and athletic ability is all over the place.

Kickers be ready, this one may come down to the wire.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman definitely has a shot to win this week.....that is if the coaching staff allows. I agree with letting Patton have the ball more and maybe passing the ball instead of letting defenses key in on the run game all the time. Our offensive line didn't block well last week but can you blame them when the same plays are called over and over. The defense has looked strong to this point. Last week really showed some flaws in the d though. They will have to get these corrected in order to win the game. The offense also has to have a good game. Probably will be blocked a little better this week after last week's nightmare performance.

I have Blackman in this one------24-13

If the Brentwood coaches have seen the film on Blackman they will know that Blackman will run the ball 99.9% of the time. When they pass it is either a lateral or for short yardage. They will throw about two times a game. Brentwood will put eight in the box and stop Blackman. Remember LaVergne had Blackman??™s o in a lot of third and longs. Remeber how bad Riverdale ran over Blackman. Brentwood wins by a touchdown.

hats off to brentwood...a very solid team effort with no big mistakes...

it felt like a complete reverse of last year...

against a good football team...blackman cannot make the huge mistakes they did

a fumbled punt on the 7 yard line...brentwood scores

a pick six

a missed 22 yard field goal

a high snap on an extra point...point no good

crucial offsides on defense when we have them 2nd and 3rd and long

defense on the field all night long...sounds like an earth wind and fire song

and add to that...very little blocking up front

after a nice pass reception...had the ball at the 3 or 4 yard line and can't get it in

should be a good game next week...both the blaze and bulldogs are mistake prone and run oriented...

i need some sleep... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

hats off to brentwood...a very solid team effort with no big mistakes...

it felt like a complete reverse of last year...

against a good football team...blackman cannot make the huge mistakes they did

a fumbled punt on the 7 yard line...brentwood scores

a pick six

a missed 22 yard field goal

a high snap on an extra point...point no good

crucial offsides on defense when we have them 2nd and 3rd and long

defense on the field all night long...sounds like an earth wind and fire song

and add to that...very little blocking up front

after a nice pass reception...had the ball at the 3 or 4 yard line and can't get it in

should be a good game next week...both the blaze and bulldogs are mistake prone and run oriented...

i need some sleep... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Blackman just needs to get over that mistake hump. They will. Good Luck Next Week.

The one thing Blackman did win was the battle of the bands. Could we borrow your band sometimes Blackman? They actually look like they enjoy football games.

Maybe we can get a few bank members to put down their instruments and put on a uniform. It looks like it is going to be another long season. I know that Smyrna will definitely be ready for Blackman. They won??™t even have to look at film. Blackman??™s D is not that good and the Offense is bad. Coach is not going to do anything different. The only good thing out of the last two weeks is the score at the Riverdale game. If it weren??™t for the fumbles by Riverdale Blackman would have lost by 35 more points. Offense is the pathetic same O same O. D is getting worse.

28 - 6 mmmm........

well,,,, what should have blackman done different ? i am all out of ideas /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" !!!!

JR PEE WEE COACHES WILL GET JR PEE WEE RESULTS!!!! Whats next everybody plays everbody gets a trophy. By the way I will need to collect $20.00 form each parent for the Banquet and Trophies.

Ok I got it, chuck the playbook, put an ad in the paper for someone that understands game planning and making adjustments, until then draw em up in the dirt. better yet #5 around the corner on first down, #4 or #24 up the middle on second down and we will either run the ball on third down or duck and chuck.

Rat farts, hope no one from Smyrna see this then they will know the game plan /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

our 7.3 points per game on O'fense dropped to 7.0

28 total points in 4 games, not gonna do it! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

take out Lavergne replace with Lincoln County take out Lincoln County replace with Riverdale take out Riverdale replace with Brentwood, take out Brentwood and replace with Smyrna it's groundhog day all over again.....

I'm Sick!!!!! What a waist of some talented kids.

I thougt the best part of the game was Brentwoods fake punt (Crawford pulls a Woodenhoffer) we get the ball and funny enough four plays later we give the ball right back at the same spot. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Different week but same ole story. No change in Offensive strategy and Blackmans D is tested and exploited more and more each week. The "D" is spending waaaaay to much time on the field. Let's Face it....Blackman Coaches are NOT going to change for ANYONE even if it makes them look foolish. Even members of your own team write this on coacht and how they are glad it is there Senior year "VERY SAD". Player, Who ever you are.....don't let the coaches find out for they will bench you. Hey Coach, take your PRIDE and ride it all the way to your demise. As the Blaze motto goes "If it doesn't work keep trying it until it does". I hear the JV team throws the ball all over the field. Maybe you should ask THEM about how YOUR offense should be ran. Im sure this topic will jump of track and focus on me and my post. Yeah...lets take the focus off of Coaching and place it me and hypetheticals....it's easier to deal with. Bet Blackman doesn't win two more games this year with the current mind-set.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I've caught a few games this year. We have a decent team.   I'm hoping this group can qualify for state.  
    • Pirates baseball team is region 3 champs.  Host sectional Wednesday.   Go Pirates!!
    • I am interested in seeing how much they progress in year two under Fitz myself. I do believe they will improve but how much will be the question.
    • Pirates can make a run at the dance for sure.
    • I've always been a football fan first and then if you have a band that's awesome.No question that DB has one of the best bands in the country and the whole region should attend at least one DB game just to see their band. I don't know if Nick Saban could come to Kingsport and build a football program that could match the Dobyns Bennett band's success.That said,as mentioned before, a couple of things would have to change in order for the Tribe to just win a state championship on the field.Besides a program that starts from the peewee teams and goes all the way to J Fred with all coaches and weight training { in time }on the same page. Sometimes it also takes a little luck like the 1998 Vols .There are a lot of great athletes at a lot of big schools around the state and just because you want something doesn't mean your going to build a program like Alcoa has. Yes,start at the bottom and have guys that are quality coaches teaching at every level is 100% the first step. Parents can make it a lot easier by getting their young athletes into an early start with conditioning and weights as well when they are old enough to lift.If your son is a man in the weight room before he gets to DB , then it won't take a "Dobbs" coach to make him competitive against other schools athletes when it comes to strength.