Latest 1A Associated Press Poll Results!

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit when you all came up to Knoxville we looked terrible and you guys absolutely handed our rears to us. The very next week a 3A team done the same thing to us. Shortly after that we scrimmaged and beat a 4A Knoxville program that has a long history of success, we followed that up with a jamboree win over the same 3A team that manhandled us two weeks before (even though i dont put a whole lot of stock in jamboree match-ups) and here we are today. I will be the first to admit that our first two opponents were at the best lackluster. But we are not the same team your guys played a few weeks back. And when i say that I mean as far as playing together as a team and everyone executing all of the time, not personell changes (yes Pujo, old24eagle that was for you). If our teams played today I don't know what the outcome would be but I guarantee it would be a better game to watch. As far as Grace being a top 10 team I dont know if we are or not. I guess we'll know about 7 weeks from now. But I do know this our little team has alot of heart and I am proud of each and every one of them and we could not ask for a better coaching staff.

While we are talking about top 10 teams and rears being handed to them I witnessed Cosby getting beat in a jamboree match-up against a first year program running a JV scedhule only. Since that time they have beat Cloudland which is a good quality win but after watching them in the Jamboree I really question whether or not they are really a top 10 team themselves.

Well, your answer doesn't surprise me as far as you being a different team. Obviously being the first scrimmage, you got to work some things out. As far as seeing your athletes, I'm sure y'all have a solid team. Not quite sure I would put you in the top 10 still, but good to hear how much you've improved. I just had to comment cuz though I'm sure you are ten times better now, going from what we saw to a top ten is probably a bit much. But congrats anyway and good luck to y'all!

I in now way think these polls are good or have any good purpose, BUT it was nice beat the 'number 7' team in the state last week, regardless of whether or not they deserved to be there.

And also I do think region 5 is THAT good. And I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they beat each other up during the season. I mean a 7-3 team didn't make the playoffs last year. Thats crazy!

I think you missed the jest of my post. Although I was a bit surprised we didn't make the poll this week, I'm happy about it. I'd prefer to fly under the radar and not put any added stress on the kids at this point in the season. I feel the same way you do about the polls, they serve absolutely no good purpose and I'd like to see them go away. If you need a poll to feel good about your program then your already in trouble.

Yep, I agree with ya. Yall should be there and possibly Union. I was just typing off my disregard for polls. pujo brings up two very good points. Some polls are very, very good, especically later in the year. You have to do a bunch of research. And in smaller schools, the seperation from the top to the bottom really start to show up quicker.

Either way...have to play the game. And thats all that matters! Any team that makes the playoffs can get hot! I am loving life right now! Football everywhere.

I admit when you all came up to Knoxville we looked terrible and you guys absolutely handed our rears to us. The very next week a 3A team done the same thing to us. Shortly after that we scrimmaged and beat a 4A Knoxville program that has a long history of success, we followed that up with a jamboree win over the same 3A team that manhandled us two weeks before (even though i dont put a whole lot of stock in jamboree match-ups) and here we are today. I will be the first to admit that our first two opponents were at the best lackluster. But we are not the same team your guys played a few weeks back. And when i say that I mean as far as playing together as a team and everyone executing all of the time, not personell changes (yes Pujo, old24eagle that was for you). If our teams played today I don't know what the outcome would be but I guarantee it would be a better game to watch. As far as Grace being a top 10 team I dont know if we are or not. I guess we'll know about 7 weeks from now. But I do know this our little team has alot of heart and I am proud of each and every one of them and we could not ask for a better coaching staff.

While we are talking about top 10 teams and rears being handed to them I witnessed Cosby getting beat in a jamboree match-up against a first year program running a JV scedhule only. Since that time they have beat Cloudland which is a good quality win but after watching them in the Jamboree I really question whether or not they are really a top 10 team themselves.

You cant be serious! We played our JVs and thats who the first year program scored on in the Jamboree, as far as you getting manhandled by a 3A school we did a pretty good job of beating that same school just a week later, the score was a lot closer than the game was and you say you got manhandled! I'm I saying that Cosby deserves to be in the top ten and Grace doesnt, no I'm not but what I am saying is that based on our schedules right now I think our ranking is a little more warranted than yours, but its niether here nor there because until someone in our Region proves they can beat Hampton none of this stuff matters. But as far as us getting scored on by a JV team, youre right our JV got scored on by their JV. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

You cant be serious! We played our JVs and thats who the first year program scored on in the Jamboree, as far as you getting manhandled by a 3A school we did a pretty good job of beating that same school just a week later, the score was a lot closer than the game was and you say you got manhandled! I'm I saying that Cosby deserves to be in the top ten and Grace doesnt, no I'm not but what I am saying is that based on our schedules right now I think our ranking is a little more warranted than yours, but its niether here nor there because until someone in our Region proves they can beat Hampton none of this stuff matters. But as far as us getting scored on by a JV team, youre right our JV got scored on by their JV. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Ok I didnt know what the situation was in the jamboree, however you should know that some of your fans stated that the varsity was playing, although i didnt totaly buy that, the team looked to shaky to be experienced players. As far as Gibbs goes by the time we seen them the second time and you saw them for the first time they had lost two impact players to injuries, two players shouldnt make that much difference but sometimes they do. And as far as this pole goes like i said earlier it will be weeks before the smoke clears on who the best in the state are. By the way how long did your players have to wait on a bus Friday I stopped and talked to one of your coaches for a little bit I would have offered everyone a ride but couldnt figure out how to get a football team in a Ford Taurus.

Haven't seen either of these teams play except TC. Few of the voters in this poll have either. Kinda like pin - the - tail on

the donkey. Really don't think TC is ready for the #1 or #2 slot. Haven't been tested. This week vs Smith Co. should shed

some light on just where we are. "Maybe" a top 5 ???

The game is played on grass, not paper. I'll wait & see how things develop down the road a bit.

BTW, a big howdy to my old buddy Pujo. Good luck to you guys.

I in now way think these polls are good or have any good purpose, BUT it was nice beat the 'number 7' team in the state last week, regardless of whether or not they deserved to be there.

And also I do think region 5 is THAT good. And I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they beat each other up during the season. I mean a 7-3 team didn't make the playoffs last year. Thats crazy!

Well a couple of years ago region 6 had a 7 - 3 team that didn't make it. Being in a 10 team region as 5 is there will probably be several years where 7 wins won't do.

I will say this about the poll. Columbia Academy won't last long. Perry County may take care of that this week.

Ok I didnt know what the situation was in the jamboree, however you should know that some of your fans stated that the varsity was playing, although i didnt totaly buy that, the team looked to shaky to be experienced players. As far as Gibbs goes by the time we seen them the second time and you saw them for the first time they had lost two impact players to injuries, two players shouldnt make that much difference but sometimes they do. And as far as this pole goes like i said earlier it will be weeks before the smoke clears on who the best in the state are. By the way how long did your players have to wait on a bus Friday I stopped and talked to one of your coaches for a little bit I would have offered everyone a ride but couldnt figure out how to get a football team in a Ford Taurus.

We were out there for about 90 mins or so, thanks for stopping and checking, quite a few of the Ram faithful stopped to see if we were alright, and we appriciate it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haven't seen either of these teams play except TC. Few of the voters in this poll have either. Kinda like pin - the - tail on

the donkey. Really don't think TC is ready for the #1 or #2 slot. Haven't been tested. This week vs Smith Co. should shed

some light on just where we are. "Maybe" a top 5 ???

The game is played on grass, not paper. I'll wait & see how things develop down the road a bit.

BTW, a big howdy to my old buddy Pujo. Good luck to you guys.

Hey Grunt and all my Trousdale buddies. Itry to keep with my Yeller Jacckets and I Think you may be selling them a little short, they are definately in my top 2. Wish you guys alot of luck.