Knox Catholic versus Webb

chokeonaloaf

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a GREAT high school football game for those who didn't see it. Webb absolutely took it to the number 1 ranked 3A team in the state and led 16-7 early in the 3rd quarter.

Catholic's depth made the difference late in the game along the line of scrimmage where their d-line got the advantage over Webb's o-line and sacked Webb for losses in several key situations in the 4th quarter. Up until then, Webb's o and d line played very well and took it to Catholic.

Two huge plays were the difference in changing momentum, a tunnel screen pass to #11 for 50 yards or so that looked like a sure TD until Webb's safety #27 caught him along the sideline. The other huge play was a punt return by #11 deep into Webb territory. A very good block on the return and also a hold that wasn't called on #36 for Catholic.

Both teams left it all on the field and were very evenly matched. Catholic had too many bodies in the end and took control physically late.

Catholic RBs ran hard... #23 is tough, #3 is too. #22 wasn't effective after getting nicked up but he did return. #11 is a playmaker on offense and their young line is going to be really good.

Catholic's defense was aggressive and physical. #42 is a very good LB, #99 was a beast last night, #58 can really play.

As for Webb on offense, the freshman #20 is going to be special... #1 ran hard all night as did #5 with some really tough runs. #30 made a real nice catch over the middle as did #18. Webb's o-line played with intensity. #59, #74, #56, #73 and #64 went all out.

Webb's defense was fast and physical... #54 was all over the field. #32 made several plays. #57 is strong as well. Webb's secondary didn't give up any plays last night. The two safeties #23 and #27 are real good with #4 making some big hits from corner. #23 had a nice pick and #27 had several solo tackles and saved a sure TD.

Webb's kicker #17 stepped up and the punter #24 had a great game.

All in all, a clean hard fought game that both teams should be proud of how they played. In the end, Catholic prevailed and will certainly have a chance to go all the way. Webb's schedule gets even more difficult, they'll have to play with this kind of effort in every game they have left to make the playoffs.

14-13 Catholic. Webb will miss an extra point wide left.

This actually did happen BTW. I believe Webb replaced their original kicker after that and he made a FG and PAT.

14-13 Catholic. Webb will miss an extra point wide left.

This actually did happen... I believe Webb replaced their original kicker after that and the new kicker made a FG and PAT.

im tired of hearing about catholic,the newspapers,and the tv hipe em up every year,come on give me a break,100 plus kids,they recruit,and they got top of the line facilities,and a private school,hmm and still havent made it outta the 3rd round of the playoff,what a joke,good luck next year ha ha

Don't hate. For a supporter of a bottom feeder of the district teams, you certainly seen cocky. At least your basketball team can have a full roster by November 1. How long has it been since you've made a playoff run?

This was a GREAT high school football game for those who didn't see it. Webb absolutely took it to the number 1 ranked 3A team in the state and led 16-7 early in the 3rd quarter.

Catholic's depth made the difference late in the game along the line of scrimmage where their d-line got the advantage over Webb's o-line and sacked Webb for losses in several key situations in the 4th quarter. Up until then, Webb's o and d line played very well and took it to Catholic.

Two huge plays were the difference in changing momentum, a tunnel screen pass to #11 for 50 yards or so that looked like a sure TD until Webb's safety #27 caught him along the sideline. The other huge play was a punt return by #11 deep into Webb territory. A very good block on the return and also a hold that wasn't called on #36 for Catholic.

Both teams left it all on the field and were very evenly matched. Catholic had too many bodies in the end and took control physically late.

Catholic RBs ran hard... #23 is tough, #3 is too. #22 wasn't effective after getting nicked up but he did return. #11 is a playmaker on offense and their young line is going to be really good.

Catholic's defense was aggressive and physical. #42 is a very good LB, #99 was a beast last night, #58 can really play.

As for Webb on offense, the freshman #20 is going to be special... #1 ran hard all night as did #5 with some really tough runs. #30 made a real nice catch over the middle as did #18. Webb's o-line played with intensity. #59, #74, #56, #73 and #64 went all out.

Webb's defense was fast and physical... #54 was all over the field. #32 made several plays. #57 is strong as well. Webb's secondary didn't give up any plays last night. The two safeties #23 and #27 are real good with #4 making some big hits from corner. #23 had a nice pick and #27 had several solo tackles and saved a sure TD.

Webb's kicker #17 stepped up and the punter #24 had a great game.

All in all, a clean hard fought game that both teams should be proud of how they played. In the end, Catholic prevailed and will certainly have a chance to go all the way. Webb's schedule gets even more difficult, they'll have to play with this kind of effort in every game they have left to make the playoffs.

Lipscomb is the number 1 team in the state for 3A... Not Knoxville Catholic

im tired of hearing about catholic,the newspapers,and the tv hipe em up every year,come on give me a break,100 plus kids,they recruit,and they got top of the line facilities,and a private school,hmm and still havent made it outta the 3rd round of the playoff,what a joke,good luck next year ha ha

I agree Catholic has been a disapointment these past few years once November comes around.. however I have to say I cant see any playoff upset this season. Personally i dont see a loss for the Irish all the way to the Blue Cross Bowl where I believe they will see David Lipscomb.. and there is no telling what will come from that game. However it is week 4 and thats over two months away. You cant talk about the Irish as a joke. They are the real deal as they are every year and no one can say any different.

Lipscomb is the number 1 team in the state for 3A... Not Knoxville Catholic

I was going by the unauthorized website poll. Anyway, Catholic is pretty good either way you look at it.

Team Record

1. Catholic (Knoxville) 4-0

2. David Lipscomb (Nashville) 3-0

3. McMinn Central (Englewood) 4-0

4. Giles County (Pulaski) 3-0

5. Howard Sch Of Academics & Tech (Chattanooga) 3-0

6. Marshall County (Lewisburg) 3-0

7. Dyersburg (Dyersburg) 2-1

8. Polk County (Benton) 3-0

9. South Side (Jackson) 3-1

10. Anderson County (Clinton) 3-0