LA Wildcat Football

Rocking Chair

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Rocking Chair looking forward to seeing you this Friday nite on the field before the game I am sure it will be a head knocker for sure.

Yes I'm looking forward to that myself. Maybe we can give you guys a better game this time. You all took us to the woodshed last year. Regardless of records this game is always hard hitting. I don't expect nothing less this year.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Big Daddy. So what do you think about the Jr. Wildcats and the future of LA football? Are the players on this years team really that bad or what? I know that there are some good athletes coming up, will these coaches going to be able to put them in the position to win or will it just be a waste of some great talent?

The Jr. Wildcats beat Cannon Co. last night on Tom Davis Field 52 to 12. The Jr. Cats will play Gordonsville Jr. High saturday night in Jamestown. This will be the championship game. The LMS Tigers are 8 and 0 on the year. Gordonsville's record is 8 and 0 also. Should be a great game. Go out and support our Jr. High program.

The Jr. Wildcats beat Cannon Co. last night on Tom Davis Field 52 to 12. The Jr. Cats will play Gordonsville Jr. High saturday night in Jamestown. This will be the championship game. The LMS Tigers are 8 and 0 on the year. Gordonsville's record is 8 and 0 also. Should be a great game. Go out and support our Jr. High program.

52-12. Now that's how it's supposed to be done. Good for the Jr. Cats! From what I have seen of LA this year, they are pretty small. Is there any size in this young group??

52-12. Now that's how it's supposed to be done. Good for the Jr. Cats! From what I have seen of LA this year, they are pretty small. Is there any size in this young group??

I have seen the Jr. Cats play one time this year and that was last week against the Crush from Jamestown. Very impressed with the way the young Cats get after people. There looked to be several real good players that could possibly make a small contribution to the high school team next year. Just have to see. Yes they are one of the biggest Jr. High teams I have seen at Livingston. Everyone needs to go watch the Jr. High play saturday in Jim-town against a real good Gordonsville squad.

I have seen the Jr. Cats play one time this year and that was last week against the Crush from Jamestown. Very impressed with the way the young Cats get after people. There looked to be several real good players that could possibly make a small contribution to the high school team next year. Just have to see. Yes they are one of the biggest Jr. High teams I have seen at Livingston. Everyone needs to go watch the Jr. High play saturday in Jim-town against a real good Gordonsville squad.

That's good to hear. Good luck to them Saturday.

OK Big Daddy. So what do you think about the Jr. Wildcats and the future of LA football? Are the players on this years team really that bad or what? I know that there are some good athletes coming up, will these coaches going to be able to put them in the position to win or will it just be a waste of some great talent?

OK hound dog...I don't keep up with the Jr. Cats like I would like to....But I do know that they have a pretty good 8th grade class and several of them. I don't think there are many 7th graders playing. I need help here from the Jr. Wildcat faithful, Rocking Chair, Jr. Wildcat coaches on the roster and their grade(s). But I do know most of these boys or at least the ones at the skilled positions and they are really good athletes that will conribute to the LA program with time and I believe they will be used properly.

This years LA team is not bad at all...Just because they are winless they are not bad. Room for improvement, without a doubt. Ask any undefeated team in the state and they will tell you the same thing. They have played 6 really good football teams that are rich in great football tradition. Year in and year out good programs. Much like we are in basketball. Something else, I have only got to see one game and from I have read and heard, how many breaks went our way? I saw the York game, their qb fumbles the ball and 5 yards later it bounces back up to him at crucial time and then the very next play a tipped pass on 4th and the world finds its way to a York reciever for a 1st and goal where they scored and that iced the game. I know at Kingston, the D had them pinned deep on third and forever and they get a pass play that goes the distance of 80-90 yards. I am sure there are other instances that had gone our way, the outcomes could have been different. What these boys need more than anything right now is a WIN (I know DUH)..With the confidence they are gaining and a break or two here and there and a win Friday night, this program would turn around immediately...Guaranteed. Would they win out?? Thats why they play the game but a win goes a long way!

I have played on a 1-9 team..It is tough busting your tail everyday, not missing a day of practice, getting beat on Friday night, leaves a sour taste in your mouth. But we won the last game that season and the next 2 years I was there we were in the playoffs when only the top 2 teams in the district got to go. And we played a lot weaker schedule then. I know you don't want to hear that but it is the truth. Oh yeah we were young too. When you are on top, there is no where to go except down and vice-versa..And LA is trending up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO BIG BLUE!!

Congratulations to the JR. Cats on the victory last night /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . I know Melton, Mosely, Flatt and Lee are proud. I know Mosely is, he is the only one who gets to talk to the paper.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good luck Saturday. You going RC?

Congratulations to the JR. Cats on the victory last night /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . I know Melton, Mosely, Flatt and Lee are proud. I know Mosely is, he is the only one who gets to talk to the paper.. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good luck Saturday. You going RC?

Yes sir I plan to go if I can get finished with what I have to do at the golf course. One of my 3 jobs. BTW the game is at 2:00 saturday afternoon on York's field. Sources tell me that it should be a great game between 2 very good teams.

First i would like to say that the Jr Cats are a good team this year, i watched them play york and it was a very good game. But as for the kids on LA there not that bad because alot of the kids playing as jrs and srs; played on the Jr cats and they went undefeated until they played in the championship game against trousdale. So just because you have a winning record in Jr Cats doesnt mean anything when it comes to highschool football where the competition increases greatly.