Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

You made 2 good points "eye" the loss of Tommy Johnson and last years seniors Consiglio and Pettigrew. These kids probably dont even remember Tommy Johnson so they sure are'nt playing for him, and Consiglio and Pettigrew are gone now so who is going to lead this team and step up as selfless players? The likes of Ben Parker, Jeff Veres, Ryan Consiglio, Scott Pettigrew their all gone and now the INDY coaching staff is left wondering what to do. Webb and Clayton are to good of coaches to get out coached again and I can guarantee you that they will be taking shots at the weak defensive play that INDY is putting on the field. Blow Out Blow Out Blow Out

Will you be in or out of the stadium watching? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you what Independence High School is about, because it seems like some people have forgotten and are in need of a history lesson.

2006- Independence's first class of seniors had to suffer the loss of their friend & teammate Tommy, Independence entered the 06' season with two big wins against Page, Hillwood, and Centennial before the Franklin game. Franklin was the powerhouse team that they have always been "called", they entered IHS with a flawless record of 4-0 (starting to sound familiar?), Franklin was the favored team, that nobody could possibly imagine being stopped. Independence banded together and beat the unbeatable, reducing their record to 4-1

2007- IHS went into 07' after losing their head coach, and feeling betrayed about the whole experience, this loss was followed by Independence going to Franklin and receiving an absolute spanking. But once again Indy circled the wagons, and pulled it together. After taking down Ravenwood & Brentwood, Coach Uebanks said it best, "the one game we really wish we could have back would be Franklin". Coach Uebanks and the rest of the team got their wish. Coach Uebanks out-schemed Clayton & Webb, by using his players in new and interesting methods (Pettigrew & Consiglio as D-Tackles). Indy played as a team, and sent Franklin Home.

2008- Independence has suffered the loss of alot of players in key positions, IHS followed those losses with an unexpected loss to CHS, and even though Indy has proven resolve...once again everyone is counting us out against Franklin

And now we are on the doorstep of 08's showdown, And everyone (including Indy's every own) has forgotten what IHS stands for. Indy plays as a team, we dont even elect "team captains we march out on that field as a team, and we do not start pointing the finger when life gets a little rough (remember that EagleSRdad07) Playing Independence means you have to put up with gold & white fans packing the house, and for Franklin it seems to mean leaving the stadium hearing chants of "WE BEAT FRANKLIN"....Franklin has never beat Indy at Independence High School

You may THINK your program is far superior to other willamson county programs but trust me its not. I know for a fact Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin ( I don't know about the rest) has a VERY active booster club that 110% supports their team. Trust me when I say your school is no better supported or loved than any of the ones I mentioned and probably all of them, you keep believing it but you are WRONG!!!! Personally No one really cares about your traditons we all have our own and yours don't impress me. You don't think our teams have "circled the wagons" Thats what any good team with a great leader does. You don't think Rector has pulled his team together this last two weeks after losing one of their stars? What do you think Crawford did last year when the Bruins lost the first several games and went on to the playoffs? He circled the wagons I would say.Please, Your program is NO more special than any of the rest of ours.

Actually, most of the time when the whole team comes out on the field as captains, it means that they don't even have two or three players that are good enough to be considered captains.

Thats was a good zinger!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First of all, Indy will not be strong or even quick enough to stop Lee or Ford. Even if they do, try and stop Starnes, Eaton, and Sellers. I think that Franklin has one of the most potent offensives in the state. Thus, averaging in the upper 20's. And Nichols has about 7 seconds per throw because of that stout line led by Walkup,Jackson,Anderson, Endrenkin, and Combos. And Franklin's defensive? The senior leadership led by Brown, Nathan, Gordon,Howard and Sellers has been unbelievable. Allowing seven points in the last two games is amazing even without their best safety of the past two years Starnes.

Good Luck Franklin!

On paper Franklin wins this game in a landslide. They seem to have the talent, experience, leadership, and coaching to possibly be in the state championship game. However, I am not willing to count Indy out just yet.

Offense- Can throw up points. That's all there is to it, with Heckman at QB and the speed they have at WR they will score some points

Defense- This has been our biggest struggle thus far this year, but I trust that Coach Bobby with 2 weeks to watch film will have a few tricks for Franklin.

Special teams- Potential game-changer Ty Stannard on punt returns is always scary, and the speed on kickoff returns is always a threat.

All that being said, I think Indy's best bet is to turn this into an Arena Football like game, high scoring, and hope for a few big plays from the defense, which I think they will get. If they win it will be close, but I think they can do it.

On paper Franklin wins this game in a landslide. They seem to have the talent, experience, leadership, and coaching to possibly be in the state championship game. However, I am not willing to count Indy out just yet.

Offense- Can throw up points. That's all there is to it, with Heckman at QB and the speed they have at WR they will score some points

Defense- This has been our biggest struggle thus far this year, but I trust that Coach Bobby with 2 weeks to watch film will have a few tricks for Franklin.

Special teams- Potential game-changer Ty Stannard on punt returns is always scary, and the speed on kickoff returns is always a threat.

All that being said, I think Indy's best bet is to turn this into an Arena Football like game, high scoring, and hope for a few big plays from the defense, which I think they will get. If they win it will be close, but I think they can do it.

oh yea for sure bobby will hav something up his sleeve.. he is the best defensive coach around.. and THE punt returner TY LAW has big game changing ability... his speed and size willl match up with anybody in the midstate

oh yea for sure bobby will hav something up his sleeve.. he is the best defensive coach around.. and THE punt returner TY LAW has big game changing ability... his speed and size willl match up with anybody in the midstate

Well yeah Coach Bobby better have something, cuz the Rebels are coming, The Rebels are coming...good luck with that cuz I have seen better coaches that coudnt stop the rebels when they are on their game. Two words....SHEER DOMINATION...best i can say.