Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

SHEER DOMINANCE??? LAND-SLIDE??? BLOW OUT???, yep we must be playing Franklin

And if the current IHS players cant remember TJ, and team leadership is a forgotten virtue. Ask the varsity FHS players if they can remember the last time they beat the eagles at INDY, or better yet if they have a good memory about coming down Independence Lane. Franklin has never left IHS as winners, allow me to open up old wounds...

Franklin Rebels 17

And YOUR INDEPENDENCE EAGLES 23!!!

it gets better...

Franklin Rebels 14

AND YOUR INDEPENDENCE EAGLES 17!!! FRANKLIN IS GOING HOME...AND NEXT WEEK INDEPENDENCE IS TRAVELING TO MEMPHIS

Independence seems to be Franklin's kryptonite (enough said...try to prove me wrong) Maybe that is why Franklin's hot-shot-all-region-prospects seem like they can never "make-the-play" when it counts. So riddle me this Franklin, "which star will choke under the spotlights this week? (Nichols, Ford, Lee, Eaton, Gordon, Nathan, Sellers, Stranes).

Last year Franklin came into IHS with the R-back combo of Steele/ Lee (which was un-stoppable as everyone else said) and Indy's R-Backs lined up at D-lineman, and stopped the unstoppable. Think about that Franklin...two Running backs destroyed your line last year. which was loaded with all-region studs (Cathey) You mean to tell me that the "jackson 5" is the new great-wall-of-china (so who is touching lil' boys?) BigDogDaddy needs to proofread his posts, did he really mean to say that #67 is better than Cathy last year (seems like a down-grade...but maybe we are not watching the same game) Maybe this week Heckman & Smith will line up as D-ends and embarrass Franklin's O-line once again.

Bring you best Franklin, because your best cant play at Independence

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHEER DOMINANCE??? LAND-SLIDE??? BLOW OUT???, yep we must be playing Franklin

And if the current IHS players cant remember TJ, and team leadership is a forgotten virtue. Ask the varsity FHS players if they can remember the last time they beat the eagles at INDY, or better yet if they have a good memory about coming down Independence Lane. Franklin has never left IHS as winners, allow me to open up old wounds...

Franklin Rebels 17

And YOUR INDEPENDENCE EAGLES 23!!!

it gets better...

Franklin Rebels 14

AND YOUR INDEPENDENCE EAGLES 17!!! FRANKLIN IS GOING HOME...AND NEXT WEEK INDEPENDENCE IS TRAVELING TO MEMPHIS

Independence seems to be Franklin's kryptonite (enough said...try to prove me wrong) Maybe that is why Franklin's hot-shot-all-region-prospects seem like they can never "make-the-play" when it counts. So riddle me this Franklin, "which star will choke under the spotlights this week? (Nichols, Ford, Lee, Eaton, Gordon, Nathan, Sellers, Stranes).

Last year Franklin came into IHS with the R-back combo of Steele/ Lee (which was un-stoppable as everyone else said) and Indy's R-Backs lined up at D-lineman, and stopped the unstoppable. Think about that Franklin...two Running backs destroyed your line last year. which was loaded with all-region studs (Cathey) You mean to tell me that the "jackson 5" is the new great-wall-of-china (so who is touching lil' boys?) BigDogDaddy needs to proofread his posts, did he really mean to say that #67 is better than Cathy last year (seems like a down-grade...but maybe we are not watching the same game) Maybe this week Heckman & Smith will line up as D-ends and embarrass Franklin's O-line once again.

Bring you best Franklin, because your best cant play at Independence

There are a couple flaws in your post this week and ill take some time out of my busy day to point them out. One of my main points is YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PAST. you tell us about these former games, like they have any effect on the game this friday. so what if you beat Franklin last year, This year is this year, and last year franklin didnt have a top 5 rusher in the state, a quarterback who has yet to throw a pic, and a defense that has allowed 6 points in the last 2 games. Other than heckman who even knows any of the other names indy has besides indy people? NO ONE. But these days, around the region, Lee, Ford, Jervis, Combos, Nichols, Eaton are household names. Need I say more. YOur little games of the past will have no effect on this week. if im not aware you guys beat centennial the last 2 years, What happened this year? tell me that Indy?

Lets take a look at some of the stats in the skill positions THIS YEAR

Passing

Franklin- Nichols- 53/74- .716 completion %- 8td- 0 int

Indy- Heckman- 38/77- .494 completion %- 7td- 6 int

Advantage- FRANKLIN

Recieveing

Franklin- Eaton 31 catches - 313 yards- 24.1 ypc- 3td

Lee 12 catches - 147 yards 12.3ypc 1 td

starnes 9 catches - 108 yards 12 ypc 1td

ford 6 catches - 55 yards 9.2 ypc 2 td

Indy Boatman 10 catches 105 yards- 10.5ypc 1td

Williams 8 catches 228 yards 28.5ypc 2 td

standard 8 catches 121 yards 15.1 ypc 1 td

Advantage- FRANKLIN

Rushing

Franklin- Ford- 59 rush 449 Yards 7.6 Average 6 TD

. Lee 58 rush 438 yards 7.6 average 4 td

Indy Bailey 17 rush 83 yards 4.9 Average 0 td

. Heckman(QB) 31 rush 321 yards 10.4 average 4 td

Advantage- Need I say- FRANKLIN

BigDogDaddy needs to proofread his posts, did he really mean to say that #67 is better than Cathy last year (seems like a down-grade...but maybe we are not watching the same game)

First I always proofread what I write. Second do you mean "down-grade" or "down-size". Tucker Cathey is a good friend and a great football player, his post season accolades bear that out. If you are asking me if I had my choice last year and I were the head coach at FHS would I have played #67 Mark Jackson at center rather than Tucker Cathey, we'll the answer is yes, as long as Tucker is playing at tackle! Tucker is big and strong and makes a great offensive tackle, but I prefer a smaller, quicker, more nimble, more agile person at center. In the second quarter of the Hilllsboro game last year Mark came in at center and I saw FHS drive the ball up the middle in huge chunks. For some reason after halftime coach made the decision he did. Far be it from me to wonder why!

As this year has unfolded I have seen #67 Mark Jackson manhandle the far bigger, far stronger athletes at Hillsboro, McCallie and Ravenwood. He has done so by knowing how to cut block, how to crab block and understanding how to best position himself and his body relative to the play and the other players body, commonly referred to as technique. It is not the dog in the fight but the fight in the dog and the smaller dog often has the tools and the instincts to outsmart the bigger dog rather than trying to beat him at his own game.

As to watching the same game, I spend a lot of time watching that one position, probably more time than most others in the stadium. The fact that I was a center and two of my three sons were centers might have something to do with that.

I like how each of our teams come in waves of insults! (and Franklin's are smarter /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

Good Rivalry...

And by the way, I want me some Eagle!

Coach I'm watching Monday Night Football then sleep... (i swear)

I like how each of our teams come in waves of insults! (and Franklin's are smarter /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

Good Rivalry...

And by the way, I want me some Eagle!

Coach I'm watching Monday Night Football then sleep... (i swear)

that could be becuase some of the insults our fans throw around are just plain' stuipid. i respect both fans and teams and this rivalry. unfortunetly we can't seem to have a great bball rivalry also

All I am hearing on here are Eagle fans who wish they had what Franklin has right now. Meeker running the football? Yea like that is going to cure anything, middle school is one thing but this is high school football in what is arguably the best region in the state. Come on folks. The only thing INDY has is a QB. No supporting cast!!!! Lets get one thing clear, INDY has no shot in this one!!! Zero, Zip, Nada. I have not seen any fire or drive out of this INDY team like the team of last year so Franklin will come into INDY'S house and break the streak. No one on this years INDY team has the ability to step up and stop them. Stats speak for themselves and the ones already posted has written the book on this game.

"EYE" keep dreaming but your baby eaglettes have no chance. All the talent left after last years team so the players better come up with something or this game will get ugly. Clayton's offense will pick the INDY "D" apart and Webb's Defense will shut down Heckman which is all INDY has, therefore the final score will be this:

Fanklin: 35

INDY: 7

"EYE" I appreciate all the good things you have been saying about the INDY teams of old, they are the only real football teams INDY has ever had.

Just thought Id swing by, well actually I noticed something quite interesting. Everyone loves BigDogDaddy's analysis, because he has "insight". well what some of you have decided to overlook/ observe. BigDogDaddy's "insight" is exactly that "inside-sight", BigDogDaddy is someone on the inside of Franklin. And this observation gives birth to a few issues.

(1) He is an insider, so naturally his "opinion" is gonna be tainted/ biased

(2) If I am correct, and BigDog is an insider, then "daddy" obviously has complaints about the present system he is apart of. Because BigDogDaddy went on a tyrade about Todd Campell's scholarship to UT (and the politics behind the scenes) Which is kind of interesting because Todd Sr. Is the new principle at IHS (think about that...) and now "daddy" has revealed his complaint against the offensive player-personal decisions, concerning the O-lineman last year. If you have that many problems with your fellow coaches, then I am sure there is somewhere you can discuss your issues (without displaying them for the world to see)

(3) Once again if I am correct, and BigDogDaddy is a coach (or affiliated in some degree) then wouldnt has time be better spent, watching film and piecing together a game-plan for the upcoming challenge than blogging all over coachT.

Ohh thats right, everyone at Franklin High School sits around an alter with an Icon of "Coach Donny Webb" surrounded by candles, and any and all offensive decisions are agreed upon when Coach Clayton blows white or black smoke out his office window (catch that analogy....FHS & IHS)

All I am hearing on here are Eagle fans who wish they had what Franklin has right now. Meeker running the football? Yea like that is going to cure anything, middle school is one thing but this is high school football in what is arguably the best region in the state. Come on folks. The only thing INDY has is a QB. No supporting cast!!!! Lets get one thing clear, INDY has no shot in this one!!! Zero, Zip, Nada. I have not seen any fire or drive out of this INDY team like the team of last year so Franklin will come into INDY'S house and break the streak. No one on this years INDY team has the ability to step up and stop them. Stats speak for themselves and the ones already posted has written the book on this game.

"EYE" keep dreaming but your baby eaglettes have no chance. All the talent left after last years team so the players better come up with something or this game will get ugly. Clayton's offense will pick the INDY "D" apart and Webb's Defense will shut down Heckman which is all INDY has, therefore the final score will be this:

Fanklin: 35

INDY: 7

"EYE" I appreciate all the good things you have been saying about the INDY teams of old, they are the only real football teams INDY has ever had.

I agree with your overall points in Franklin will win and that the Eagle's team of the last two years were more talented than this year's squad. But it stops there.

I would like to see Heckman go to running back and Smith come in and play some QB. They could run the offense similar to what McFadden and Arkansas ran last year. It would be difficult for opposing teams to try and stop them when both Smith and Heckman are in the huddle every play.

Heckman is not the only player the Eagles have. Thomas Berry is a great asset on the DL and in my opinion was the best DL last year. The receivers Williams, Norman, Stannard are more than solid and have more speed than last years do. The o-line is bigger than last years squad as well which accounts for something.

But all of this comes down to why you play the game.

Just thought Id swing by, well actually I noticed something quite interesting. Everyone loves BigDogDaddy's analysis, because he has "insight". well what some of you have decided to overlook/ observe. BigDogDaddy's "insight" is exactly that "inside-sight", BigDogDaddy is someone on the inside of Franklin. And this observation gives birth to a few issues.

(1) He is an insider, so naturally his "opinion" is gonna be tainted/ biased

(2) If I am correct, and BigDog is an insider, then "daddy" obviously has complaints about the present system he is apart of. Because BigDogDaddy went on a tyrade about Todd Campell's scholarship to UT (and the politics behind the scenes) Which is kind of interesting because Todd Sr. Is the new principle at IHS (think about that...) and now "daddy" has revealed his complaint against the offensive player-personal decisions, concerning the O-lineman last year. If you have that many problems with your fellow coaches, then I am sure there is somewhere you can discuss your issues (without displaying them for the world to see)

(3) Once again if I am correct, and BigDogDaddy is a coach (or affiliated in some degree) then wouldnt has time be better spent, watching film and piecing together a game-plan for the upcoming challenge than blogging all over coachT.

Ohh thats right, everyone at Franklin High School sits around an alter with an Icon of "Coach Donny Webb" surrounded by candles, and any and all offensive decisions are agreed upon when Coach Clayton blows white or black smoke out his office window (catch that analogy....FHS & IHS)

Wow I cant believe you even showed yourself around these boards after the ridiculous embarrassment you brought on yourself.( I guess 2 weeks healed you)

Once again proving that you know absolutely NOTHING about anything.

a) You start analyzing and second guessing the only person that showed you any kind of respect on the Ravenwood board ( dont turn your back on Kingz615) BigDogDaddy is a Franklin supporter and I assure you not on the coaching staff..Not that you need to know this

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> you obviously have a problem with Franklins program and especially Coach Webb ( Did he take your job or maybe a girlfriend in High School or something??) Back off until you get some credentials to you.

c) I can understand you supporting your team ,but if you are going to continue to follow Franklin and dog them out , stay off their boards.

You are miserable and nobody wants to hear your constant whining..Go support your program, and quit taking personal jabs at Franklin supporters. Go crawl back in your hole...

Wow I cant believe you even showed yourself around these boards after the ridiculous embarrassment you brought on yourself.( I guess 2 weeks healed you)

Once again proving that you know absolutely NOTHING about anything.

a) You start analyzing and second guessing the only person that showed you any kind of respect on the Ravenwood board ( dont turn your back on Kingz615) BigDogDaddy is a Franklin supporter and I assure you not on the coaching staff..Not that you need to know this

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> you obviously have a problem with Franklins program and especially Coach Webb ( Did he take your job or maybe a girlfriend in High School or something??) Back off until you get some credentials to you.

c) I can understand you supporting your team ,but if you are going to continue to follow Franklin and dog them out , stay off their boards.

You are miserable and nobody wants to hear your constant whining..Go support your program, and quit taking personal jabs at Franklin supporters. Go crawl back in your hole...

Biznazz- Thank you for your support and remember that every fan has the right (and indeed perhaps the very reason for these boards) to be a "monday morning quarterback" or for that matter a "monday morning coach" That doesn't mean that you don't respect the coach or his decisions, but as a fan you have a right to do a little second guessing. That doesn't mean you "bash the coach" or dislike him, it simply means that you are a fan and you think he should have passed when he ran and should have run when he passed. If you have seen the hours and hours of dedication per season, and indeed the 30+ seasons of men like coach clayton or coach webb, you would never dare to disrespect them as coaches. The sacrafice they make in time away from their families to instill values in young men is to be honored!

Perhaps Kingz, if you had ever put on a set of pads and been thru a summer of two a days you would understand .... somehow I don't think that's the case