Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

Friday is here! Game-day is here! It is Football Time in TENNESSEE!!!

For those of you all who dont realize the magnitude of tonight's game, let me get-you-up-to-speed.

Franklin comes to INDY tonight without a single blemish on their record. Franklin rolls into IHS looking to improve to 5-0 (which would set up a stellar match-up against Brentwood)

Independence defends their home-field with their backs up against the wall. The eagles are hoping to bounce-back from a dissapointing loss to Centennial (which has CHS getting "jumpy" and talking about the playoffs) After last year Independence is searching to establish themselves as a constant threat in a powerful region, but it feels like everyone is doubting the chances of that happening this year.

Both teams have been in this position before, Franklin has dominated the first half of the season, and then went sliding down a slippery slope, but at the same time Franklin has dropped big-time match-ups in the early season, and converted a few criticle games to set themselves up going into the play-offs

IHS has experienced the same up-and-downs, The eagles first spread their wings by unexpectedly knocking of a few gaints out in the early fall months, but then crashed-and-burned against RHS and BHS near the end. Last year Indy came out of the gate stumbling around and looking for the light switch (starting out 1-3) but somehow, The Eagles pulled the season together, and became "the" team to beat.

Both teams have been the common denominator in the upswings and down-swings of their region 6 counterparts, its almost scary to think that somehow these two teams' destiny seem to be intertwined (a perverbial ying-and-yang)

Franklin marches (I like that choice of words Huskergymnast33) through the front gates of Independence blood-lusting for revenge, but the Rebels march into a rabid environment, The fanatics will be out in full force (on both sides) to witness the possible turning-point in their season. The Eagles strap on their helmets, aspiring to protect the nest, and set the standard for the "young eaglettes" awaiting to join the battle over the next few years.

Many questions will be answered tomorrow/ today (depends on when you read this) Will Franklin march through Indy, and set their eyes on Brentwood, or will Heckman be able to re-live last November (and beat the unbeatable)

Will Franklin be able to draw first blood, and deliver the first knock-out blow? Or will Independence celebrate past accomplishments amoungst new ones

Bring your best Franklin, Becasue your best dont/wont/ cant play at INDY

well franklin brought their best and clearly showed they could play at INDY. it would have been cool if Indy would have brought their best and actually made the game worth $5 but nontheless i am glad we got the win. Special thanks to coach jones for burning all his franklin stuff and i would also like to thank indy fans for wearing shirts that said beat franklin. good waste of money. you can now burn those shirts too.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that kid Heckman showed some serious "GUTS" hanging in that pocket and taken the shots he did... there just wasnt much to stop it and that's what happens. but hope Heckman can recover quickley and that he didnt get banged up too much. he is a real competitor.

He was just getting beaten up all night, all he seemed to be able to do is run the ball. He was seeming to throw some good passes, but his recievers just couldn't catch. I think I saw about five dropped balls on Indy's side last night. On the other hand, that #5 kid looked pretty good (of course he was playing against Franklin's JV).

A great game for the Rebels!

well franklin brought their best and clearly showed they could play at INDY. it would have been cool if Indy would have brought their best and actually made the game worth $5 but nontheless i am glad we got the win. Special thanks to coach jones for burning all his franklin stuff and i would also like to thank indy fans for wearing shirts that said beat franklin. good waste of money. you can now burn those shirts too.

GREAT post!

GREAT post!

i agree... not much is being said after these games from Ravenwood and Indy after their outrageous posts. Indy made a big deal about their "FANS" but it was great to see the bleachers cleared out early in the third quarter. Looks like those fans arent so great if they cant hang around for the whole game. i believe one of these Indy supporters made a comment about how the rebel fans left last year with "tears in their eyes"... it's too bad but the Indy fans left too early before we could even tell if they were crying or just trying to get out of town because of all the smack they talked.

i agree... not much is being said after these games from Ravenwood and Indy after their outrageous posts. Indy made a big deal about their "FANS" but it was great to see the bleachers cleared out early in the third quarter. Looks like those fans arent so great if they cant hang around for the whole game. i believe one of these Indy supporters made a comment about how the rebel fans left last year with "tears in their eyes"... it's too bad but the Indy fans left too early before we could even tell if they were crying or just trying to get out of town because of all the smack they talked.

They were probably going to roast crow over the fire from their t-shirts.

Im happy to see Indy fans giving props to the Franklin team. Now if their coach that transfered from Franklin to Indy would show some sportsmanship that would be great. But we are glad he burned his Franklin shirts and hate because HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO WEAR ANYTHING WITH FRANKLIN ON IT. Look how good Nichols is doing without him.

I highly doubt he burned his franklin stuff. That would be hard to believe. Also you can thank Coach Jones for helping develop Graham into the quarterback he is this season. Its been 2 years of hard work Coach Jones and coach Clayton have put into Graham. And they have been an important part in Grahams success as a QB.

Im happy to see Indy fans giving props to the Franklin team. Now if their coach that transfered from Franklin to Indy would show some sportsmanship that would be great. But we are glad he burned his Franklin shirts and hate because HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO WEAR ANYTHING WITH FRANKLIN ON IT. Look how good Nichols is doing without him.

Itsupanditsgood i.e. TIM DONEGAN. It is very disheartening to me, to hear you say things such as this. Coming from an individual who did not play football until his senior year and then coming into the season with 2 games having already being played, I would have thought you would have a little more respect for a coach who was on the staff that allowed you to join the team. While you were a student at Franklin High School I showed you nothing but respect, welcomed you onto our football team and numerous times took up for you while others complained that you ran your mouth to much. When you get older and mature a little more, you will understand that there are opportunities in your adult life that you must take and this was one of them. Dr. Campbell gave me an opportunity to become the athletic director at IHS and I have taken great pride in giving these student athletes the best possible experience to play high school athletics. I believe my sportsmanship should never be questioned and in the 6 years that I spent at Franklin High School I can guarantee you my commitment to Franklin was never questioned. It is unacceptable to me the shot that you took at me in the last line of your statement and I thank UMREBEL for the good things he said about me. I am very honored to have worked with Graham for 3 years and I am proud of the accomplishments that he has received thus far. A simple commentary of the game is perfectly acceptable Tim but the unnecessary words that you aimed directly at me are simply disrespectful and should never be allowed in a forum supporting sportsmanship in Secondary Athletics.

Kurt Jones

Tasteless, low blow...uncalled for comments! K. Jones is a wonderful person and coach. Tacky comments, Tim. Hide your head in shame.

Itsupanditsgood i.e. TIM DONEGAN. It is very disheartening to me, to hear you say things such as this. Coming from an individual who did not play football until his senior year and then coming into the season with 2 games having already being played, I would have thought you would have a little more respect for a coach who was on the staff that allowed you to join the team. While you were a student at Franklin High School I showed you nothing but respect, welcomed you onto our football team and numerous times took up for you while others complained that you ran your mouth to much. When you get older and mature a little more, you will understand that there are opportunities in your adult life that you must take and this was one of them. Dr. Campbell gave me an opportunity to become the athletic director at IHS and I have taken great pride in giving these student athletes the best possible experience to play high school athletics. I believe my sportsmanship should never be questioned and in the 6 years that I spent at Franklin High School I can guarantee you my commitment to Franklin was never questioned. It is unacceptable to me the shot that you took at me in the last line of your statement and I thank UMREBEL for the good things he said about me. I am very honored to have worked with Graham for 3 years and I am proud of the accomplishments that he has received thus far. A simple commentary of the game is perfectly acceptable Tim but the unnecessary words that you aimed directly at me are simply disrespectful and should never be allowed in a forum supporting sportsmanship in Secondary Athletics.

Kurt Jones

Kurt, he "ran his mouth" in past and hasn't learned an ounce respect yet. Tim has no "class"; he just proved it beyond any doubt!

Thanks for all you did for FHS! You were a positive role model for all the young men you associated with. If this year's Franklin Rebel players show "heart" and " a strong sense of team" know you were a part of developing this!

coach jones is a very respectful and talented coach. williamson county should be pround to have him apart of community and especially in football. it is a true tesitment to have him be a part of the coaching in the county. and if he did burn shirts to get HIS players excited about playing a great region and county rivalry then i would say what a great IDEA!