Polk Co. @ Grundy Co.

polk_wildcat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Wildcats on the win. I'm really looking forward to next week when Sweetwater travels down Larry G. Davis Stadium to take on Polk; should be a really great game and I'll definately be at that one /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yeah i will be there too. congrats on the win polk and best of luck to grundy for the rest of the season.. and from the info from coach j not all the starters played.... ive never seen or heard of a polk team doing that.. its a big surprise to me.. but polk wildcat my man i was looking forward to you going to the game cause i would have loved to hear what you would have thought about the game.. but o well... i will hear from someone else...

all of my experiences have made me the way i am... over the years ive seen people get things they don't deserve!!! and it was all because of the old saying "i'll scratch your back if you scratch mine".. and i know there are a lot of people that are good for the school system and that work hard.. but once again i've seen time after time people see something wrong and don't do anything about it cause the person or group that did it was well known or above them in power...and ive also seen people go up and do things for certain teams and certain coaches that really shouln't be done, unless their help is requested of couse.. that looks bad all the way around.. do you think that don't hurt the players also?? in all of my 18 years i have called polk county home and yes i still do support the wildcats and my friends.. my posts may come across a little backwards to them sometimes but if they have a question or comment they know they can call me.. im gonna give my opinion even if it does make people mad or sad or whatever cause thats who i am.. i even had a long talk with two players at sonic before the season started and told them what i thought (the fullback and the corner) they laughed and we still talked but before i left i told them to prove me wrong and i wished them the best of luck in the season.. i go to the games when i can and support my friends... and i give respect when respect is due.. i respect the coaches at polk even though the seniors and some of the coaches had some bumps last year even though it wasn't all the seniors that did that.. and really i don't think im immature by any means.... but the "treasurer" has talked to me and i respect his word more than anybodys and you will not hear anything out of line from me cause i don't want to walk down that road... but leave him out of it........

the politics thing i said was true, but what place in the world does not have corruption?? and im sorry about the comment about the school system but i still stand by what i said above, but to the people that are on the right side of things i appologize.. and to my "old friends" if you think my posts are to truthful or whatever then please prove me wrong, go out there and go 10-0 and win region, you will get nothing but congrats and other good things from me

.... now one last thing the coaches used to tell players not to read into coacht... they should follow that (cause of all this bull going on) it gets your focus off the friday night game.... and i meant to put Polk20wasTrevy.. but i forgot what i was gonna put..i do miss it a lot and would give anything to do it over again.. but thats not my problem... my problem is that people don't wanna hear what i have to say cause the truth hurts... but i hold back on that on here cause of my "friends" that still play... and in my past posts i have had a lot of people agree with me, past players, parents, and fans, maybe even current players or coaches i don't know.. but if my posts bother you.. call me we will talk about it, i dont mind at all in fact i love to argue my opinion with people... and im not set on 1 thing either.. if you can make me believe in your opinion i'm all ears cause i know i don't know everything and i know i can learn a lot of things from others.......................... but people can learn from me to!!!!!!!!

First and foremost let me stress that I was not putting down the "treasurer". I was using him as an example of the hard working,good people in this community that donates so much of time and asks nothing in return, and maybe you have seen these "things" that someone your age should not have to have even noticed was going on, but what I am saying is that these kids do get on coacht and you know that, I'm just saying give them a break. They are good kids and they work hard every day and you know yourself that you don't get a lot of praise for the hard work. I know the majority of them are no looking for praise or any of that stuff but a little appreciation and encouragement wouldn't hurt either, but like you said you are you and whatever....and by the way, I would have no problem listening to you. I am quite sure I could learn a lot from you, just make sure the truth is the truth and not clouded by opinion caused by negative experiences you have had. Now to the important stuff, GOOD JOB WILDCATS. A little slow getting started but when ya'll got rollin' you got rollin'. Good luck next week. Keep your heads on and don't take anything for granted. Hope all the injured are well, and by the way, this is NOTHING like a central thread. Please!

Go Wildcats

Memories of last night:

The Visitor Stands.

Wide concrete benches suitable for livestock auctions, zero and I mean zero cell service (Unless you were with Joe Bob's Wireless in Coalmont), and that wonderful smell coming from somewhere in the depths of the sewer floating over the visitor stands.

The Game:

Sloppy as heck and the field was 100 yards longer for Polk than it was for Grundy. Ref's? You make me laugh. Break the plane four or five times to get a score and that's why it was only 12-0 first half. Not that I'm complaining but if it happened to Central...whoooo boy! Pages and Pages of CoachT. We had to end up with 150 Yards worth of penalties at least.

The People:

Good People - let one oF our coaches use a JoeBob phone when they really needed it. (It was made of wood with wires sticking out and you had to point it at the moon lol jk).

My Boys:

My two freshmen watched from the sideline and my senior Codyman got two TD's and ran 1000 yards (of which only 30 counted LOL).

BRING IT ON SWEETWATER!

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Memories of last night:

The Visitor Stands.

Wide concrete benches suitable for livestock auctions, zero and I mean zero cell service (Unless you were with Joe Bob's Wireless in Coalmont), and that wonderful smell coming from somewhere in the depths of the sewer floating over the visitor stands.

The Game:

Sloppy as heck and the field was 100 yards longer for Polk than it was for Grundy. Ref's? You make me laugh. Break the plane four or five times to get a score and that's why it was only 12-0 first half. Not that I'm complaining but if it happened to Central...whoooo boy! Pages and Pages of CoachT. We had to end up with 150 Yards worth of penalties at least.

The People:

Good People - let one oF our coaches use a JoeBob phone when they really needed it. (It was made of wood with wires sticking out and you had to point it at the moon lol jk).

My Boys:

My two freshmen watched from the sideline and my senior Codyman got two TD's and ran 1000 yards (of which only 30 counted LOL).

BRING IT ON SWEETWATER!

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Polk County making fun of Grundy County for being "backwoods" and "Hickville?"

Now that's funny...

Polk County making fun of Grundy County for being "backwoods" and "Hickville?"

Now that's funny...

Lets be honest. In a short 10 minute drive(or lets say 20 minute drive) from Polk county you can be in cleveland, athens, or in 5 minutes even Etowah. I dont think this kind of distance would seperate any of us from being "Backwoods" and "Hickville". I may be confused though do you need to have more than one redlight to not be considered "Backwoods" all have same amount of rednecks, some just more redlights.