DB vs Jeff County

1WhoKnows

Wow that is really related to tonight's game. Thanks for showing some class in your loss. But if it gives you a mental excuse in your head, I am all for it.

Oh, come on now Bud, everytime Wako puts 44-0 ZERO!!!! In reference to the last game south and db played, I don't see you running to make a "that' doesn't pertain to the subject" kind of post.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, come on now Bud, everytime Wako puts 44-0 ZERO!!!! In reference to the last game south and db played, I don't see you running to make a "that' doesn't pertain to the subject" kind of post.

Thats because it always does pertain to the subject. But I don't see where it fits in here. What does DB's 44 -0 win over South have to do with DB's #15 win in a row over the Chop Blockers ?

Chops Blocks??? They were blocking just like #71 for DB. And he never got called once. Whats its gonna take to get officals to do their jobs??? They didn't even know what down it was at one point. Clock and stick both said 3 and they said 4th. Countless missed holding calls and blocks in the back by DB and not to mention all the uncalled unsportsman like.

It must be nice having the head of officals in your press box. Anybody smell home cooking????

There is only one press box and since this game was at DB, the head of officials HAD TO BE in OUR press box, as was some of your coaches, etc I'm sure. He was in attendance as I understand to evaluate, as this was one of 4 games across the state to test the 6 man officiating crew that the TSSAA wants to begin using. Obviously this was a debacle and I'm hoping the TSSAA puts this idea in the trash...but seeing as they have turned high school football in TN into high school footall in Va. with the new mixed up realignment garbage, they wont do what is in the best interest of the game. This one was ugly and the officials had no control. Unfortunately, this could result in 2 of DB's best players being lost for the season...initial reports are not good for Conley and Fleming. Not to mention the inadvertant whistle. I would have to disagree about the missed holding calls, holding can be called every play and they called a ton. Be specific please on "Countless missed holding calls and blocks in the back by DB and not to mention all the uncalled unsportsman like". I can give several specific instances from being at the game as well that would say there was just as much from our end that wasn't called. None of the calls you are crying about took away TDs (like we had) or resulted in players being lost for the year (which we may have). I think you were complaining about refs on the JC/MoEast board after that game as well but if I were a JC fan, I wouldn't be worried about the refs every game and be curious why the coach was trying to throw the ball so much instead of giving it to Brooks who was getting pretty good yards early on and force DB to stop you at your strength. That was working and it was obvious as the game went along that the passing game was not working. The QB was gashing DB late as well running the ball. That's what I'd be curious about.

If your going to play this game with me at least come up with something thats correct. DB has several state championships. Look it up on the TSSAA web site.

FIFTEEN STRAIGHT OVER THE CHOP BLOCKERS !

OK there Mr Never Won the Big One,

Golf and Parcheesey don't count. Its football dude.

You won on the board but you got your but whipped on the field. We played our back up QB, a backup RB, backup LB. Your D1 back got shut down, your QB was your leading rusher. I didn't see the big night your studs were supposed to have by running all over us. Each team had 9 penalties. JC for 111yds DB for 85. Most of ours were at the worst possible time. After a big gain or in the red zone.

I hope we can see ya again in the play offs with a heathly squad and some refs who know how to do their job. That game would be most interesting.

"For an offensive lineman the "chop block," which is also referred to as a "cut block," is an essential tool. It takes the opposing defensive lineman's legs out from under him and is perfect when pass blocking for a 3-step-drop pass play."

What's your point? The only "chop block" anyone is talking about here is an illegal chop block, which is what was called last night and which involves blocking low while your opponent is already in contact with another player. Which is a very dangerous thing to do.

OK there Mr Never Won the Big One,

Golf and Parcheesey don't count. Its football dude.

You won on the board but you got your but whipped on the field. We played our back up QB, a backup RB, backup LB. Your D1 back got shut down, your QB was your leading rusher. I didn't see the big night your studs were supposed to have by running all over us. Each team had 9 penalties. JC for 111yds DB for 85. Most of ours were at the worst possible time. After a big gain or in the red zone.

I hope we can see ya again in the play offs with a heathly squad and some refs who know how to do their job. That game would be most interesting.

He's talking about football--guess you should have done what he said and looked at the record book. And before you or someone else comes back with "it wasn't determined on the field," so what? Those championships were won the only way they could be won at the time, and NCAA D-1 champions still aren't determined in a playoff. And I think if my team had lost 16 (at least according to the paper it's 16 and not 15) in a row to another team, I'd hold off on the woulda, coulda, shoulda, we'll get you in the playoffs until you actually win one.

The Indians have too many weapons for the Pats. And those weapons are very very fast. Expect another big game on the ground and in the air for the Tribe.

Sensabaugh, Sylvester, Adams, Steele, Crawford, big play after big play.

DB 42

Jeff Co. 13

Roll Tribe Roll

Lets see: Sensabaugh-9 carries for 42yds, 4.66 avg

Adams-1 rec for 8yds

Steele-1 carry for 17yds

Crawford-13 carries for 61yds

Sylvester-2 for 15yds

Yeah big play after big play /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"For an offensive lineman the "chop block," which is also referred to as a "cut block," is an essential tool. It takes the opposing defensive lineman's legs out from under him and is perfect when pass blocking for a 3-step-drop pass play."

When the linebacker is closing in on the QB behind the line of scrimmage, and the running back dives at his knees to take him out of the play, THAT IS NOT A LEGAL PLAY. That happened time and time again - ask any of DB's linebackers - ask Zach Fleming.