White House @ Macon Co

Wishbone

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hartsville's had 2 coaches in probably about the last 20 to 30 years if not longer. How many coaches has Macon had during the same time? Now, go do your homework and get back to me with an answer.

In the the immortal words of Yogi Bera, "It's de ja vu all over again!"

Lets see, since my freshman year at MCHS back in the 1981 season (Ouch, I am getting old!), there has been nine head coaches at Macon County. NINE head coaches in 27 season. The life expectancy of a MCHS head football coach is THREE years. This by no means I am knocking any of these coaches. I consider all of them a good friend of mine. Anyone that knows anything about coaching knows that you cannot build a consistent, winning program in three years. One head coach every three years doesn't work. Macon County is prime example of that. Look at all of the programs that have won consistently over the years. How long have their coaches been there? How many head coaches have been in their program over the last 20 plus years?

I still bleed blue and white. I pull for the Tigers every game unless I am facing them. Good Luck to everyone and hello to all of my buddies back home.

Juan Clariday, MCHS Class of '85.

That is part of the reason for their success. Also, those kids down there start learning in the 6th grade what they will be doing in the 12th. No wonder they get pretty good at it. Not to mention having a Harper on the team doesn't hurt. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Most players in Macon Count have to learn 3 diffferent systems in the same amount of time. 1, sometimes 2 different jr. high coaches, and usually 2 different high school coaches.

Play your Hearts out Friday night Tigers.

Big thumbs up to this statement. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Although we don't have any Harpers in Motown, our Pee Wee league even teaches the Wing-T offense and the 50 defense. So as early as 3rd grade our young men are learning plays that they will be running when they reach the next level. Jr High runs Wing-T and 50 defense as well as High School. It makes a difference. All you true tiger fans stick together and support your young men and their efforts. There will always be nay sayers (seems like most of them are on this thread) but keep you chins up and keep supporting your team. And I would also suggest keeping them off this site. Can't be good when your trying to prepare for a big game. Good luck!

Just some questions /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .....Is football the only sport that this sort of thing goes on? I think you guys have a top notch baseball program don't you? What about basketball? Do the same people cause problems in these sports too?

i feel more like a robin hood because i dont kiss the @&& of a man who is in no way close to a decent coach .. you can ask the players after the season and find out how they feel about the joke of a coaching staff .. like i did with last years and the year before and the year before that . If the coaching staff would take as much intrest in actually coaching as they do swinging there wistles we might have been able to atleast beat westy.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What is it that you REALLY have against Cook and the other coaches?? You keep talking about how crappy they are as coaches but we all know it's something deeper than that. Did one of them steal your woman in high school or play the position you wanted in football while you fetched the water? I'm just curious because I've never seen so much aggression coming from someone with a secret name. It must be something really embarrassing!

Go Big Blue!!!!!! Don't let the haters on here bring you down! I will be there the rest of the season cheering you on! I will always be proud of my Tigers!

Amen! Now back to the game this week, I think White House will win regardless of Coaching. I think they have some fast bruddus on dat team. If MC wants to stay close they are gonna have to play a VERY physical ball game. HIT OR BE HIT!!!! TC was cracking dem skullz fer ya. So was Westmoland. Time to MAN UP BOYS! If every player on the team decides hes gonna woop his man the team will be 25% BETTER RIGHT OF THE BAT. I seen lackluster effort in both games i saw.

Yes, this is Scott Brewer. I have posted that many times, I have never tried to hide behind a computer screen. I did coach the D-Line which was the easiest job on the team the last 2 years I was there. The D-line had several great, hard working kids that was loaded with talent. I do not even have a lawn chair so that is a funny comment. Make your comments about people being glad that I left, that is not hurting anyone. I still miss the young men that I worked with when I was at Macon County and I miss the coaches. I was fortunate enough to work with three very good coaches there. Coach Dyer, Coach Ipp, and Coach Harville all were very good coaches there. You may be a football Ace but you need a little work on your grammar. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck Tigers, eventhough everyone is glad I am gone I still want to see the Big Blue pull out some wins.

As best I recall hasn't Coach Dyer been a winning coach everywhere he's been a head coach??? I may be wrong but I think that is right. It's hard to argue with that....I know someone in the school system didn't like him so they got rid of him....not sure who??...once again....just the facts...please correct me if I'm wrong...