warren co. @ coffee co.

axmensax

Great win for the Pioneers.

Man! Talk about hot & cold(or cold & hot...), lose to Sparta then go on the road and beat Manchester!

Go figure... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

THE SQUAD /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dude I'm for WC but no way they can beat CC no talent no coaching...CC wins big /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Woops! Have fun readin about this one in the Tennessean.

WC WINS !! WC WINS !!!

OK here my game summary (from memory so i might be off a little). First half neither team could get anything going on offense. I think both teams had no more than 2 first downs. Neither team could capitalize on the other teams mistakes (and they both made some). Warren county had the edge in the special teams so the momentum looked like it might go WC's way. 0 to 0 at the half. Late in the third qrt Warren county get the quick dive up the middle working with Northcutt running the ball and puts together a drive and finished it by running Wilcher up the middle for about 6 yards and a TD. Early in the 4th Coffee Co put a nice drive with Kanjanabout (I know I spelled it wrong - and he's still a great running back) poping up the middle about three or four time for big gainers and drives down fast and scores and the game is tied 7 -7. Warren County then puts together another drive and scores and is then up 14-7. In this drive the Quarterback kept the ball on the option for a couple of good runs - one was for about 60 yards or so. CC still fights hard but turns the ball over to WC on downs. CC passing game connected some but not enough. WC drives down to puts up a FG and goes up 17-7. A couple of earlier FG attemps in the game were not good but I think there was a problem with the snap getting the kickers timing was off. Kicker was then carried off the field by K Harris but he (the kicker) really doesnt weight very much so no big deal. CC tried to put some point on the board in the last three minutes and almost scored on the last play with an incomplete pass of about 15 yards into the end zone. Warren county had to run the ball tonight because the passing game wasn't working - 0 for 6 in passing I think. A couple or three of them were great passes but dropped. (I never could catch either so I was in the line).

First time Warren Co beats Coffee Co since 1999 and first time in Coffee Co since 1989 I think. (Now we don't hate Coffee County so much anymore!!)

OK here my game summary (from memory so i might be off a little). First half neither team could get anything going on offense. I think both teams had no more than 2 first downs. Neither team could capitalize on the other teams mistakes (and they both made some). Warren county had the edge in the special teams so the momentum looked like it might go WC's way. 0 to 0 at the half. Late in the third qrt Warren county get the quick dive up the middle working with Northcutt running the ball and puts together a drive and finished it by running Wilcher up the middle for about 6 yards and a TD. Early in the 4th Coffee Co put a nice drive with Kanjanabout (I know I spelled it wrong - and he's still a great running back) poping up the middle about three or four time for big gainers and drives down fast and scores and the game is tied 7 -7. Warren County then puts together another drive and scores and is then up 14-7. In this drive the Quarterback kept the ball on the option for a couple of good runs - one was for about 60 yards or so. CC still fights hard but turns the ball over to WC on downs. CC passing game connected some but not enough. WC drives down to puts up a FG and goes up 17-7. A couple of earlier FG attemps in the game were not good but I think there was a problem with the snap getting the kickers timing was off. Kicker was then carried off the field by K Harris but he (the kicker) really doesnt weight very much so no big deal. CC tried to put some point on the board in the last three minutes and almost scored on the last play with an incomplete pass of about 15 yards into the end zone. Warren county had to run the ball tonight because the passing game wasn't working - 0 for 6 in passing I think. A couple or three of them were great passes but dropped. (I never could catch either so I was in the line).

First time Warren Co beats Coffee Co since 1999 and first time in Coffee Co since 1989 I think. (Now we don't hate Coffee County so much anymore!!)

haha actually you spelled his name right - spells just the way it sounds.

To the game.

Warren County played well and Coffee County didn't. Plain and simple - no other way to put it. Raiders didn't deserve to win. As a team effort is concerned I couldn't be more disgusted with the fact that some players didn't seem to care all that much and I could feel it on the field before the game. Not all the players. Justin Kanjanabout showed a lot of heart tonight. I thought Sam Myers played well ... As did some others. But Coffee County has never been good enough, not in the past 10 years anyways, to show up and go through the motions and expect to beat anyone. And that proved true tonight. Effort is a touchy thing to question, but honestly, didn't see it out of everyone out there tonight ... not on every play, anyways. That is perhaps the most frustrating part. Coffee County fans have almost always had the luxury after a loss, whether they have chosen to exercise it or not, to get on here or in the community and be able to say, "hey, things didn't go well tonight but the kids played their guts out ... they played hard all game." ... that luxury isn't there now, not tonight. Let's hope coach Nunley can get things pointed in the right direciton. I am confident he will do the best he can do. I think the Oakland game got us all pushing our expectations up a little high on what was originally slated to be a rebuilding year with a new head coach. And now the air is coming out of those expectations baloons quickly. It is times like this that you find the character deep inside young players - so I am anxious to see how well the team responds to the most upsetting loss in quite some time.

On the flip side - Congrats to Warren County and good luck the rest of the way. Kids played hard and deserved the win. Made some simple adjustments at halftime and optioned Coffee County to death in the second half. If you execute the option well and the defense doesn't play assigmnent football you will win more often that not. The haters in McMinnville may ought to lay off of coach Madewell - this should get him some breathing room from the unnecessary scrutiny. At least for one week, anyways.

Congrats to WC. they did the things they had to do to win the contest. By far the worst Cc performance since the home Cumberland Co game in 2005. What is really disturbing is the lack of desire, emotion and intensity on the players part, not to mention the stupid mistakes. The first 2 games are proof they know better and can perform at a much higher level. Effort, emotion and enthusiasm are key ingredients for a sucessful outcome and are controlled entirely by the player himself. No one else can get you emotinally ready and make you reach down inside and give the effort each play and when the game is on the line have what it takes to lay it on the line and do whatever it takes to overcome your opponenet. I call that heart. Other than KJ and a couple of others I haven't seen much lately. After this game if there isn't a few fights in practice this week it's going to be a long season.

I'll take my crow with a little salt and pepper please.

WOW. CC looked flat and WC made some great quick hitting plays up the middle . Congrats to WC.

NOW we have another WC(Wilson Central) to focus on.

Then the big game against Franklin County to have any chance of making the playoffs.

I think you guys will beat FC and the season will end up in a three way tie for the third and fourth playoff slots.