What are the prospects for a Red Boiling Springs win?

regit

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you commanderfan. Our boys work hard every day and just love the game. They will play 4 quarters of football and no matter what the outcome is we still are very proud of them. They just have to keep their heads in the game and they have the coaches that can keep them pumped. The fans will be there to keep them pumped up as well. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, as long as their heads are in the game and they are "pumped," I can't figure out why they are losing.

Homer did you see the RBS JC game? If you did there is no way that you could think that RBS could beat anyone, let alone a team like Clay county. Has RBS ever beaten Clay county?

Yes in fact they have Google! In 1978, Red Boiling Springs won the Tri-Lake Conference. Gordonsville was on probation for a shooting incident with Baxter, and RBS beat Monterey and Celina that year. I'm sure Celina wants to forget that as bad as I do, but it's the facts! I know it wasn't technically Clay Co. , it was Celina. The truth hurts sometimes. I think that is the only time RBS beat either school.

I didn't know I was on Red Boiling Springs T. Can someone tell Dawgs 2008 to hit the caps key on his keyboard, it hurts my eyes to read all caps. I am not trying to hate on RBS and surely would not want to be in their shoes but all the RBS love is getting out of hand. Maybe Walt Disney can be exhumed from the grave and write a story on RBS, call it the "Little Dawgs" and we can all feel better at night. The sad thing is people DO know the truth about RBS, not just fans and parents are registered on Coach T. Here is the path to winning RBS, hopefully your coach will read this

1. Teach fundamentals

2. Utilize the talent that you do have

3. Use a system that fits your team (RBS has used several offensive sets that were all terrible)

4. Weight train your #@$%#@ off in the offseason "Voluntary Workouts"

5. Recruit within your own school

If you had done those 5 things, you would have beat MJCA, PC and possibly LCA last year. But I know that you do none of them well if at all. Hopefully you will read this and get offended, than upset, than follow what I am saying.

Its hard to get the talent out for football at RBS. The community there is GREAT but football is not their priority. I do not know what goes on with the current coaching staff but I have a feeling they are working hard and doing all they can. They will learn things such as finding and stick to an offensive philosophy. To have a big fancy weight room takes money that is just not there, However the year I coached there we had a little more than what was posted in an earlier post. RBS has to find a way to make it mean something to be part of the program so they can get the support they need (both financial and mental) and so they can get the best athletes in the school out on the team. The 1 year I was there we had 15 boys on the team, 8 would show up for practice and about 3 of them had any athletic ability (but those 8 kids worked as hard as any I have ever seen). I would walk the halls every day and would be very dissapointed at the very good athletes walking the hall that just had no interest in playing. Coaches, keep working hard, players believe in your coaches and yourselves (ignore negative attitudes) bust your backsides everyday and be part of turning the program around.

Yes in fact they have Google! In 1978, Red Boiling Springs won the Tri-Lake Conference. Gordonsville was on probation for a shooting incident with Baxter, and RBS beat Monterey and Celina that year. I'm sure Celina wants to forget that as bad as I do, but it's the facts! I know it wasn't technically Clay Co. , it was Celina. The truth hurts sometimes. I think that is the only time RBS beat either school.

Thirty years is a long time. No Homer, they did beat clay county two other times. According to the archived newspapers RBS beat Clay county during the 1998-99 season and again in 2001-02. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

If LCA had played the schedule that RBS has they would not be so cocky. Region 4 is tough!

Who is talking about winning the region or even competing in the region? Is picket, Jackson county, MJCA, LCA, or monterey state contenders? Give me a break, how many excuses do you need? Our schedule is tough, no one wants to play, our coaching is bad, we have a lot of injuries, the refs are against us, we have to play on Friday, it is too cold, it is too hot, how about these excuses: We don't hit the weights enough, we don't workout hard in the summer, we don't study game film, we don't learn the playbook, or we don't PAY THE PRICE OF A CHAMPION!

Thanks slimshady. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know that I would call LCA "cocky". I would take offense to someone saying that the worst team in TN could pick up a win against us. As far as regions go, LCA is not even in TSSAA yet. But they have beaten two teams from that region and could probably give Watertown, Monterray and Clay County a run for their money. Trousdale and Friendship have owned that region for a long time and I am sure that if you spoke with their coaches and players, you would see that it took time to establish it and those kids work their tail off. LCA football has been in existence for 1 and a half years

and has already shot above the bottom of the barrell teams in that region. You can't always use the excuse of not having athletes because LCA could easily fall into that. If you are losing year in and year out, it is more than not having athletes. Like the coach from DeLasalle in CA said..."On gameday you don't just have a cape come from your jersey and play like superman, you have to work in the offseason and hit the weights".

Thirty years is a long time. No Homer, they did beat clay county two other times. According to the archived newspapers RBS beat Clay county during the 1998-99 season and again in 2001-02. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Dang, I didn't know that. I guess Clay Co. has been low before too then. I'm just glad we rose above it. I remember when Monterey was just barely above RBS and one year we were below them. I know how they feel. Man it hurts 30 years later.