Blackman at Smyrna

BandDawg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya 2priceless. Smyrna need some more players to step up and make some plays. He is "spent" in about the middle of the 3rd.

Is there anyone out there to make those plays? Yes, but very young!!! Not an excuse, it is what it is and someone needs to step up.

My question is : Is it so necessary for him to play both ways, what do you have 80 players?

He did at BA but he normally will not play a lot of D

I'm sure it's not 80 but i get your point.

This is one of the most intriqing matchups of the week. Certainly, Williams and brother being on Wells staff, now being at Smyrna sets the stage, but both teams overall phyche is far more intriqing. For example, both are oozing with talent, Smyrna more, Blackman more, doesn't matter, /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" both groups of young men are questioning themselves-Smyrna=2 ultimate years back to back, but coming in with a 1 and 3 record wondering are we good, are we young, do these coaches know what we need, is this the same ole Blackman???? Blackman=coming in with a 2 and 2 record wondering is this gonna be the same this year, we're better than this record, can we finally get over the hump, I know we can do this, but How????

I think it flat comes down to offensive coaching. Not that I'm a big Murphy fair fan, but he had a real good article in the DNJ on Tues. speaking of high school coaches and the difference they make in games and programs. It'll be interesting to see if one of these staffs can generate enough offense to keep each others defense off balance or on or off the field. There will be fumbles, missed blocks, missed field goals, but this one just comes down to which one of these staffs trust their athletes enough to put them in the correct situation to win. They both have'em, can either of them utilize them?????

If anything this should be interesting.I would say no one bets the house money on either of these teams. I think it could come down to special teams.Can Blackmans kicker win it with a couple field goals?Wil Blackman continue to drop punts?Does Smyrna even have a kicker?I would bet a big turnover turns this game .Will probably Be a very low scoring game.how about this for an over /under more passes or more punts.Could the punters dictate field possistion more than the QBS ?I do hope Blackman finds a way to win.My dad and nephew give us so much grief anytime Smyrna beats Blackman at anything.Can't wait till wrestling season so we can give it back.

If anything this should be interesting.I would say no one bets the house money on either of these teams. I think it could come down to special teams.Can Blackmans kicker win it with a couple field goals?Wil Blackman continue to drop punts?Does Smyrna even have a kicker?I would bet a big turnover turns this game .Will probably Be a very low scoring game.how about this for an over /under more passes or more punts.Could the punters dictate field possistion more than the QBS ?I do hope Blackman finds a way to win.My dad and nephew give us so much grief anytime Smyrna beats Blackman at anything.Can't wait till wrestling season so we can give it back.

You asked does Smyrna have a Kicker? They not only have a kicker but he is very good. He has 50+ yard range on his feildgoals..........He's kick offs are over the goalline most of the time...........he's punts are between 45 to 55 yards regularly. I think he had a 65 yard punt "in the air" at BA last week...........Now, he can be a little inconsistent, he has punted off the side of his foot a few times and can try to kick it to hard and squive his kicks. But he has a very strong leg

Now your pass/punt over and under. Unless you plan on seeing 15-25 punts in this game, I will go with the passes. Smyrna will throw it 10 to 20 times a game. They may not be down the feild but I'd say you'll see no less then 15 pass attempts from Smyrna in this one.

As this game get closer, I'm geting more and more confident that this will be a "pivotal week" for the Bulldogs. I've seen some great improvement, week to week with the Bulldogs. I feel this young staff will have them excited and prepared for this one. If they pull this one off, it will take them to 2-1 in the reigon and right in the thick of the race for a playoff spot. However if they lose, it will take them to 1-2 in the reigon and put them in a nice sized hole to dig out of.

Therefore this is a big game that will tell us in which direction the Bulldog program will go in the near future.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!

Big Game.........Prepare for it..........Execute..........Eliminate dumb penalties

With the kids Blackman has in the defensive backfield they probably wish Smyrna would try to pass downfield,but getting the ball to Bryson in open space is not something they will want to see.I hope the Pattons have a good day and keep Bryson in check I'm pretty confident they will. Smyrna may be headed in the right direction after a slow start but Blackman is better than their record would indicate.Smyrna's punter could dictate field position which is what iI said in my other post but so could Blackmans more so than their QB.I still say a big play (breakaway run) or turnover decides what will be a close game.

With the kids Blackman has in the defensive backfield they probably wish Smyrna would try to pass downfield,but getting the ball to Bryson in open space is not something they will want to see.I hope the Pattons have a good day and keep Bryson in check I'm pretty confident they will. Smyrna may be headed in the right direction after a slow start but Blackman is better than their record would indicate.Smyrna's punter could dictate field position which is what iI said in my other post but so could Blackmans more so than their QB.I still say a big play (breakaway run) or turnover decides what will be a close game.

With hat in hand.........why do coaches not see what we do? And if they do then why don't they change? Is it stubborness or blindness? We all can give our opinions...some more than others...... but it seems that the majority agrees on most. You don't have to be a coach to point out the obvious as most of us aren't.

I agree with you here. It will be a a close game and Blackman is better then their record. You could say the same for Blackman where it is a "pivotal week" for them as well. If they can get a win this Friday they too could move to 2-1 in the reigon and be in the thick of it. I in no way fell it will be easy for Smyrna. It will be a challange and they must play solid, mistake free football.

Your right about Blackman having to sure up Bryson. Someone else for Smyrna will need to step up to get Blackman's D to stop keying on him.

My Comment was quoting the importance of this game for Smyrna. I should have also stated the importance for Blackman as well.

BIG TIME GAME HERE FOR BOTH PROGRAMS!!!!

Play Hard boys!!

This is a tough one to call. Smyrna has only scored 25 points in four games averaging just more than 8 points a game. Their competition has been slightly tougher than Blackmans. I predict this one to be very close. But in the end I have to go with Smyrna because of a minute advantage on the defense side and because I think Bryson is starting to perform. Although I'm not comfortable saying this because without him, Smyrna may be the worst team in the region. I call Smyrna 10-7 in a heartbreaking loss for Blackman.

With hat in hand.........why do coaches not see what we do? And if they do then why don't they change? Is it stubborness or blindness? We all can give our opinions...some more than others...... but it seems that the majority agrees on most. You don't have to be a coach to point out the obvious as most of us aren't.

Coaching is in my blood. My Dad was a HS and small collage coach up in Ohio. I understand the frustrations some fans have when things seem so very wrong, that we think should be fix. But understand that coaches decisions are made in the heat of the battle most of the time. They make adjustment on the fly. The change of game plans are in response to what opponents are showing them and that changes by the series.

Remember, We as fans can respond to what has already happend, coaches have to plan for what may happen.

Believe me, good coaches at this level put in more time to their trade then you think. It is a huge part of their lives all year round for the good ones. It impacts their family life, win or lose.