McMinn @ Farragut

CU06

It is true that Kimpson and Jackson have quit the team as it was reported in the DPA yesterday. I suppose I have a different opinion about that, I partly blame Bo for the letting those young men take the easy way out and quit. Sure times are tough and emotions are running high but Bo is an educator first and then a coach and he has a commitment to those young men to challenge them.

Several times when I was playing players wanted to quit or tried to quite and coach Mullinax would turn it around and challenge them to step up and be a man. Very few times did a player quit and usually that player improved there attitude and became a leader on the team.

Remeber coaches you are setting an example for these young men and if you take the easy way out that has a direct impact on them and does nothing to build there character. Check your ego at the door and get those young men back on that team and challenge them into being a man. They will respect you for it years down the road.

Oskie1,

It is easy for you to question Bo; especially when you dont know the whole story. Also, this is not the 80's anymore. The problem Coaches face today, more then back in your day, is that people (Parents, family, etc) are telling players how great they are and how stupid the coaches are--and the kids start believing that kind of CRAP.

I think Bo is trying to teach a lesson to both those boys and the rest of his team!!!!! Keep it up Bo, we are behind you and the Cherokees!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little surprised that the final score was only 28-10. The Cherokees must have played a pretty good game and Farragut must not have played very well. It should have been a bigger blow out.

As for Mr. Owlfanatic, I think he has it backwards. It is the Owl fans who are highly arrogant. There are just tons of them that show up on the Coach T boards blowharding about how great their team is. They even show up in threads that aren't even about their team like this one, to make sure everyone knows how great they are. (at least how great they think they are) You don't see nearly as many Farragut fans on this board doing that.

Off night for Farragut's offense and Reese Browning. They looked drained and it didn't help that they had the worst student section i've ever seen. No worries here, easy win. Im sure all the guys are lookin forward to the off week. And i really will love posting on here after we play ooltewah. I might just make that trip just so i can see the "game". GO ADS!

Off night for Farragut's offense and Reese Browning. They looked drained and it didn't help that they had the worst student section i've ever seen. No worries here, easy win. Im sure all the guys are lookin forward to the off week. And i really will love posting on here after we play ooltewah. I might just make that trip just so i can see the "game". GO ADS!

yea easy win ! ads up 14 to 10 in the 4th quarter and Mcminn with ball at the 50. I'm sure a few ads fans were thinking easy win.

I hope that you are not painting every Ooltewah fan with the same broad brush.

First and foremost, I am a high school football fan and I do check out other teams threads. I do that so I can be an INFORMED fan. And when I usually say something, I try to back it up with some facts (I'm not perfect, but I usually don't spout out a bunch of BS). I am one of the first Ooltewah people to come and join CoachT and I'm still under a thousand posts. I posted on this thread because I was giving props and support to a young man who was trying to do the right thing and be a man about things that is occurring with his football team, with class and honor. When I was walking up to locker room tonight after our game with William Blount, I saw a couple of young men who played for the Governors walking up with Coach Monroe, conducting themselves with class and respect. The actions of Kris Harris, Don Cope, and Cole Lail give me hope that this game and sports in general are teaching the right lessons that will lead these young men to great things in their life. That's some lessons that many of the people on CoachT should take heed and maybe learn something from.

yea easy win ! ads up 14 to 10 in the 4th quarter and Mcminn with ball at the 50. I'm sure a few ads fans were thinking easy win.

don't forget to ad...3 int's, 1 fumble, and PR for a TD called back on a block in the back after the man was practically in the endzone. I won't even say anything about the officiating because farragut was their own worst enemy. This was a horrible game for the Ads, but the coaching staff will get that fixed. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Admirals offense was self-destructing all game, thus; they struggled to drive down the field like they are used to. The running game with Purty took care of it though. As far as the defense goes they were playing extremely well especially when their offense was giving great field position away to McMinn. McMinns offense was pretty much unproductive for the most part except for 2 or 3 big plays. So if anything it was a "difficult" win because im sure the admirals knew their defense wasnt gonna give up much had the offense not given the McMinn such great opportunities they wouldnt have scored at all. I must say over all though McMinn played a very good game and especially there defense and that quarterback, he was a tough kid for getting up after getting hit almost every play.

I was glad to see Purty finally start running the ball the way he should be. they say the kid is 5'10/205. if and when he decides to run with a meaning, that offense will not be stopped. Those four backs(and they will need all four) with that passing game won't stop until the final whistle @ murfreesboro. The defense speaks for itself...they are allowing something like 11 pts a game to this pt.

It was a tough game to watch for the admirals. The offense seemed to stop themselves all night. However, it was nice to see them run the ball so effectively. The running game will be huge for them the rest of the season. Also, I think the defense played a great game. That sack by Derek Harper at the end of the half was huge. McMinn impressed me. They are a pretty solid team with a lot of heart. One more thing I would like to add is the Farragut students. That is probably the worst student section I have seen in a long time. It seemed like half of them were gone by the start of the fourth when it was 14-10. The McMinn crowd was the louder one at the end of the game and they had less than half of the people.