Riverdale vs Siegel

BlueRaiderfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staley was great, only 4 carries but 67 yards. Beast at linebacker. And he is the team leader. I was really proud of Tanner, what a night for him. He is finally getting over his fractured vertebrae that he had in the spring. I heard some commentator on 1045 saying that their is still a version of Gray and Wilks but their names are Witt and Gooch, just juniors getting better every game. And you got to give credit to Riverdale for coming back down 14 in the fourth, big 3rd down conversion at midfield and crazy 2 pt conversion.

That was an excellent post and thank you for the info. I saw such brightness in Staley when he was a soph. He has done nothing but fine-tune his skills. He is definitely a force on the field and a true leader. He deserves every accolade that is coming his way.He is the kind of player that I admire and enjoy watching even if he is in the wrong colors! I knew when I saw Gooch on the roster that he would be a nightmare for anyone's secondary. He has great instincts, great hands, and man can he get up in the air. Just a phenom. I think he can probably stretch and catch anything within 10 yds of him. Fantastic athlete.....wish he was at Oakland! He will truly test our secondary.

Congrats to the players and coaches at Siegel....truly a landmark milestone win last night and thank goodness it was us that broke the winning streak against Riverdale! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

riverdaleman, that is why no one within the region seems to support Siegel.....their posters act like spoiled 3 yr olds. It always comes back to bite them in the butt too. Centennial got motivated to beat them by the signs that the fans had out in the stands when they came running out......signs that said 4-0 before the game even started. Talk about DOOMING your team. I can't WAIT to play them.

Riverdale, don't hang your heads or start circling the wagons. SUPPORT the team and the coaches. Get behind them....don't tear it all apart with your words or your posts. These kids read this forum. There are posters that they respect on here and listen to. Your words can destroy everything that is trying to be built there. Vocal fans stifled us last yr with their arm chair coaching and hounding the principal for change. It affects the players and it makes the coaches defensive. You do NOT need those kind of distractions....let me tell you. Let the boys play their game without any of that TRASH.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WARRIORS!!! Still plenty of football left.

I totally agree with this post. We must support the young men who are going out there each Friday night to give it their all.

... I saw such brightness in Staley when he was a soph. He has done nothing but fine-tune his skills. He is definitely a force on the field and a true leader. He deserves every accolade that is coming his way.He is the kind of player that I admire and enjoy watching even if he is in the wrong colors! I knew when I saw Gooch on the roster that he would be a nightmare for anyone's secondary. He has great instincts, great hands, and man can he get up in the air. Just a phenom. I think he can probably stretch and catch anything within 10 yds of him. Fantastic athlete.....wish he was at Oakland! He will truly test our secondary.

Congrats to the players and coaches at Siegel....truly a landmark milestone win last night and thank goodness it was us that broke the winning streak against Riverdale! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Staley is a great kid, he had to carry the load as a soph when Corven Parks went out.

You have to take your hats off to both teams really. Siegel took Riverdale's best shot (three early leads, no turnovers except the late int, very few penalties) and made the adjustments and gritted it out. Riverdale could have packed it in down 14 but showed that great Warrior pride in their comeback effort.

This region is still up for grabs. WC-Riverdale is a toss up IMHO. Smyrna is 2-1 but still has WC, Oak, Riv and can lose all three of those. I like 3-0 in the region so far though with Riverdale, Smyrna and WC in the rearview mirror........

Sure was a great game last night! Gooch and Witt were amazing. Tanner (14-18 209 yds) Gooch (6-8 169 yds)

something like that lol but I think im pretty accurate.The post that said we made some adjustments,we didnt make many we just rolled players in and out last night. Great game still alot of ball left to play! Good luck Warriors in there games to come.

Oh and Stayley makes sure everyone has there heads straight at practice and focuses on the game.He's a heck of a player and a great leader.

It is no accident that Coach Wyant was coaching at Siegel last night when they won. Siegel has some outstanding players and is a very strong team. I believe it is Murphy Fair that just said this..."It is not the players, it is the coaches."

Riverdale has some unbelievable talent that is not being used correctly. These boys work there heart out and when certain players are not being played where they need to be!! The Riverdale team just does not have a winning spirit right now. alot of that has to do with the coaches and the crap that goes on with this team. Coach A just does not have what it takes to motivate these kids. It was even the same last year even though we had a great offensive line.

The Riverdale boys want to win and they are ready to win. There is NOT the kind of discipline in the weight work outs like in the past with Coach White. THere are several areas that this team is lacking and it is definitely NOT their talent. I will say that Coach Wyant and Coach Mac both were right hand men to Coach Rankin. Especially Coach Wyant and there are many similarities to how coach rankin coached. At least the boys respected Coach Rankin.

I will support Coach A as always but I believe in Nolan knows that he screwed up on this one.

Siegel you earned the right to brag, it has been a long time coming. Congrats!

The boys read Coach T but they also know it is just opinions and speculation. They know they are good but it is hard to be good on a losing team with a losing coach.

I find it interesting that Smyrna did not start to win until Coach Wyant came on board. Remember who makes the game plan. This coach definitely needs to be head coaching somewhere.

RIVERDALE TRAINED COACHES UNDER RANKIN are doing great out there on other teams. Especially the traitor Dave Thomas who could not pass an art class this past summer at Motlow and can't get into Austin Peay with his brother Scott. He currently is helping Mac coach Oakland. What a guy that Dave Thomas is.

It is no accident that Coach Wyant was coaching at Siegel last night when they won. Siegel has some outstanding players and is a very strong team. I believe it is Murphy Fair that just said this..."It is not the players, it is the coaches."

Riverdale has some unbelievable talent that is not being used correctly. These boys work there heart out and when certain players are not being played where they need to be!! The Riverdale team just does not have a winning spirit right now. alot of that has to do with the coaches and the crap that goes on with this team. Coach A just does not have what it takes to motivate these kids. It was even the same last year even though we had a great offensive line.

The Riverdale boys want to win and they are ready to win. There is NOT the kind of discipline in the weight work outs like in the past with Coach White. THere are several areas that this team is lacking and it is definitely NOT their talent. I will say that Coach Wyant and Coach Mac both were right hand men to Coach Rankin. Especially Coach Wyant and there are many similarities to how coach rankin coached. At least the boys respected Coach Rankin.

I will support Coach A as always but I believe in Nolan knows that he screwed up on this one.

The boys read Coach T but they also know it is just opinions and speculation. They know they are good but it is hard to be good on a losing team with a losing coach.

I find it interesting that Smyrna did not start to win until Coach Wyant came on board. Remember who makes the game plan. This coach definitely needs to be head coaching somewhere.

RIVERDALE TRAINED COACHES UNDER RANKIN are doing great out there on other teams. Especially the traitor Dave Thomas who could not pass an art class this past summer at Motlow and can't get into Austin Peay with his brother Scott. He currently is helping Mac coach Oakland. What a guy that Dave Thomas is.

I must remind you that Smyrna won the 5A championship in 2006 when Wyant was on the RHS staff.

I must remind you that Smyrna won the 5A championship in 2006 when Wyant was on the RHS staff.

Correct......and wasn't he just the special teams coach last year at Smyrna? He has had opportunities to be head guy.....applied at Riverdale, Eagleville, and Smyrna, but looks like no one cashed in on this gem.

So when we play yall, it will be Rankin vs Rankin then??

Guess you forgot ALL those losing seasons at Siegel?? A Rankin trained man was still the head coach those yrs and anywhere else would have been axed for the lack of progress. So that sort of busts your little theory. Cookeville, Franklin, and Gallatin are all undefeated with no Rankinites in sight.

Anyone can tell you that Siegel has exceptional talent as they have won and won big as freshmen the last 3 yrs when Riverdale's freshmen lost the last 3 yrs. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the talent is on the other end of the county now.

Correct......and wasn't he just the special teams coach last year at Smyrna? He has had opportunities to be head guy.....applied at Riverdale, Eagleville, and Smyrna, but looks like no one cashed in on this gem.

So when we play yall, it will be Rankin vs Rankin then??

Guess you forgot ALL those losing seasons at Siegel?? A Rankin trained man was still the head coach those yrs and anywhere else would have been axed for the lack of progress. So that sort of busts your little theory. Cookeville, Franklin, and Gallatin are all undefeated with no Rankinites in sight.

Anyone can tell you that Siegel has exceptional talent as they have won and won big as freshmen the last 3 yrs when Riverdale's freshmen lost the last 3 yrs. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the talent is on the other end of the county now.

Talent is still being found on R'dales end of the county, there is just not the drive to win anymore. The intimidation factor we used to have is gone. It used to be the fact that wave after wave of R'dale players coming onto the field for warmups was good for 14 points right off the bat. Now it is not there. What we have now is 'Metro Ball'!

Siegel has always had the talent to win and that is why I rode them hard on here. They have played good this year for the first half of the season, now we will just have to see if they can finish it the way they started.

Now last night I was one of the first to get on here and Congratulate them for winning as I meant it. Now folks want me to eat crow, so I guess I will do it as long as it tastes like Quail and is served in a nice burgundy sauce.

Now who is calling the offense at Siegel now? I ask as it was mainly SIEGEL folks calling for Watson's removal and getting on him hard on here for the predictability of his play calling. Y'all remember that?

I will agree hiring Coach Wyant was probably the BEST thing Coach Watson has done as Coach Wyant still remembers discipline and hard work and it is showing.

Again, Congratulations Siegel, it was your night last night.

So by Dave Thomas coaching at Oakland and hence being a traitor, I hope you lump him in the same category as Mac, Coach White, Snow, Gardner, Cowan and who knows on the freshmen staff. Its nice to see that Riverdale fans treat their own with such respect /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

So by Dave Thomas coaching at Oakland and hence being a traitor, I hope you lump him in the same category as Mac, Coach White, Snow, Gardner, Cowan and who knows on the freshmen staff. Its nice to see that Riverdale fans treat their own with such respect /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

So did Coach Mac, Coach White, etc. PLAY for RIVERDALE??? No, they coached. It is to be expected that coaches move to another school. It happens all the time and it is part of their JOB. Dave was there to help out Mac and WE do treat our ex coaches with great respect. Thank you very much. Read my post. I am a big fan of all of them but I have the right to disagree with Coach A as do most of the parents and players.

Congrats to you Oakland, you have a great coaching staff plus you have great talent this year. Plus you are about to get the great Bill Spurlock as your principal. I love Bill, he is a very good administrator. Good Luck to you!!