Henry County v. Memphis Treadwell

chaos001

hi, my name is chaos, and i'm a football-aholic.

so, i'm suffering from post-football weekend withdrawal. with this week being open, my fill of BIG RED is getting low. i may not survive. i think the only thing that will remedy me is to start talking about our Week 5 game.

so, it's homecoming. is this going to be a regular homecoming opponent?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, my name is chaos, and i'm a football-aholic.

so, i'm suffering from post-football weekend withdrawal. with this week being open, my fill of BIG RED is getting low. i may not survive. i think the only thing that will remedy me is to start talking about our Week 5 game.

so, it's homecoming. is this going to be a regular homecoming opponent?

Are you kidding me--Is Henry County really playing this worse-than-mediocre of team, Memphis Treadwell?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1) Why on earth would Henry County schedule EVER a "joke of a team," such as Treadwell?

2) Trust me when I tell you--Treadwell probably could not beat yall's Freshman team! No exaggeration. They really ARE just that bad!

3) Look for the "mercy rule" to kick in, mid-way thru the 2nd quarter, if not sooner. Seriously!

4) Henry County would be better off benching all its starters by the end of the 1st Qtr, if not sooner. Why risk injury vs such an unqualified/ opponent.

5) Why, Henry County--Why? Please tell me why!

6) What is the point/benefit of playing this game? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Are you kidding me--Is Henry County really playing this worse-than-mediocre of team, Memphis Treadwell?

1) Why on earth would Henry County schedule EVER a "joke of a team," such as Treadwell?

2) Trust me when I tell you--Treadwell probably could not beat yall's Freshman team! No exaggeration. They really ARE just that bad!

3) Look for the "mercy rule" to kick in, mid-way thru the 2nd quarter, if not sooner. Seriously!

4) Henry County would be better off benching all its starters by the end of the 1st Qtr, if not sooner. Why risk injury vs such an unqualified/ opponent.

6) What is the point/benefit of playing this game? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Trader B there is a Coaching connection between the two. That is how it got started. Not sure that it will continue after this year. It is also Homecoming.

I will tell you why. First of all, in case you dont know, we are located in the middle of nowhere. Teams do not like to travel here. We have to pay some teams to come here. Treadwell called us just like Ridgeway did before. We cant be too selective because we want to make sure we have ten games. We dont mind the travel because we are used to it but most teams are not going to come all the way here for a non region game that they dont have to play. I hear that Northwest called us as well. So thats the only point to the game. It is very hard to schedule here and will probably get harder with soaring gas prices.

Easy question to answer. The Principal at Treadwell know that football there is a losing proposition, money-wise. I can assure you that Treadwell will lose money over the course of the year. (i.e. ticket sales will not come close to paying expenses necessary to keep the program going), therefore, they will let people like you "buy" the game. The money that you will pay will help them continue on with the program. However, the ones that lose here are the kids...It does your team no good other that posting a W that might be important in a tie-breaker situation. It does absolutely no good for Treadwell considering that they will not be competetive. They will be beat unmercifully (even though you may not try) and will take a physical beating that will affect their kids for weeks to come. Unfortunately, we see a lot of this in Memphis and personally while I understand why these mismatches take place, it is painful to watch and I can't help but feel for kids in this situation (on both sides). Hopefully the kids from Treadwell will come out of your game physically ok and the money they receive will help them continue to fund the program.

Easy question to answer. The Principal at Treadwell know that football there is a losing proposition, money-wise. I can assure you that Treadwell will lose money over the course of the year. (i.e. ticket sales will not come close to paying expenses necessary to keep the program going), therefore, they will let people like you "buy" the game. The money that you will pay will help them continue on with the program. However, the ones that lose here are the kids...It does your team no good other that posting a W that might be important in a tie-breaker situation. It does absolutely no good for Treadwell considering that they will not be competetive. They will be beat unmercifully (even though you may not try) and will take a physical beating that will affect their kids for weeks to come. Unfortunately, we see a lot of this in Memphis and personally while I understand why these mismatches take place, it is painful to watch and I can't help but feel for kids in this situation (on both sides). Hopefully the kids from Treadwell will come out of your game physically ok and the money they receive will help them continue to fund the program.

Although I hope they are better than you think they are I agree with you totally.

This is a tough issue for the Patriots as well. Keep in mind, after a 2-8 season for the Patriots during Joe's first year, no one would schedule the Big Red. Not Westview, not Huntingdon, not even Milan. It was 2 years later when Westview reluctantly agreed to a 2 year home and home deal.

It is true that HC does get calls occasionally from teams offering to play for pay. Actually, playing the Ridgeway Roadrunners was actually a good move for HC even though we payed them to thump us. We hung tough and got better as a result.

The problem with playing these schools is when HC brutally caves in their face masks we can't get a renewal the next time. After last week, we may not play Westview again for another 20 years! Remember when we played Woodale? They used to come up on Thursday night and stay at Paris Landing. How about Trezevant? Those teams may not ever come back. Why would Oakland, Lebanon, Hunters Lane, Beech, Mt. Juliet, Baylor or any other team we used to schedule want to play in Paris. None of those teams are financially strained and all can play games within 30 miles of their own campus.

Personally, it would be nice to see Graves County, Marshall County, Fort Campbell, or Tilghman jump back into the mix! It would make more sense from a competitive, financial and logicistical standpoint. Just some thoughts from the Ol' Advisor!!!