It's Football Time In The South

Guest longhorns51

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shut up you @#$% Yankee.........and if it's so much better up North then why don't you go back???

The ONLY reason I'm down here is because of my job one-nutter. You probably aren't aware, jobs are moving south thanks to the lower wages paid down here, crappy expensive insurance benefits, of which the employee pays a much larger percentage of the premium.

that's funny i thought most u.s. buisness were moving over seas to make things cheapier??? and if you dont like the way we run things down here then why don't you get a new job......or wait did you not get a high enuff education to work anywhere better then a kwiki Mart?

hey hey hey remember we're the south..we have to have hospatality or however its spelled...mys edumacation isnt as good as thm there yanks...

that's funny i thought most u.s. buisness were moving over seas to make things cheapier??? and if you dont like the way we run things down here then why don't you get a new job......or wait did you not get a high enuff education to work anywhere better then a kwiki Mart?

We actually like the yanks visiting down here every now and then....meeting them makes us proud of who we are and how much we are blessed to be from Dixie. Some of them are real nice people and....bless their hearts...... I hope they can export some of our good thinking on their place when they finally go back.

(Say what you want about them and then say ...."Bless their hearts")

In 'some' places in the south the term YANKEE is still considered HALF a word! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

haha lol thats right..nice post LOD /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I won't respond to the blather about jobs, etc., because you've done a good enough job on your own expressing ignorance. However, since this IS a football board, while you're slamming the South, digest this. The National Championship of college football LIVES in the South. For the last 30 years we have dominated the National Title landscape. 2/3 of the time we win it, and when we don't win it, we almost always at least play for it. Rubbing Ohio State's nose in the manure is a way of life down here (try 9 and 0 all time!). We play for titles, the Big 10 plays in the Capital One Bowl. When the rare opportunity comes for the Big 10 to appear in the title game, they get embarrassed. You won 1/2 a title with Michigan (when Nebraska was clearly better), and you "won" a title with Ohio State when an official threw a flag 4 seconds after the game had ended and the Miami celebration was in full force.

So, please, take the nasal twang, take the cynical outlook, take the big 10 stinks and I know it frustration, take the language that routinely drops G#@ D$%n's and F bombs, and drag it back up to whatever yankee h#ll hole you crawled out of. Oh, by the way, M.B.A 24 Cincinnati Moeller 6!!

The ONLY reason I'm down here is because of my job one-nutter. You probably aren't aware, jobs are moving south thanks to the lower wages paid down here, crappy expensive insurance benefits, of which the employee pays a much larger percentage of the premium.

I won't respond to the blather about jobs, etc., because you've done a good enough job on your own expressing ignorance. However, since this IS a football board, while you're slamming the South, digest this. The National Championship of college football LIVES in the South. For the last 30 years we have dominated the National Title landscape. 2/3 of the time we win it, and when we don't win it, we almost always at least play for it. Rubbing Ohio State's nose in the manure is a way of life down here (try 9 and 0 all time!). We play for titles, the Big 10 plays in the Capital One Bowl. When the rare opportunity comes for the Big 10 to appear in the title game, they get embarrassed. You won 1/2 a title with Michigan (when Nebraska was clearly better), and you "won" a title with Ohio State when an official threw a flag 4 seconds after the game had ended and the Miami celebration was in full force.

So, please, take the nasal twang, take the cynical outlook, take the big 10 stinks and I know it frustration, take the language that routinely drops G#@ D$%n's and F bombs, and drag it back up to whatever yankee h#ll hole you crawled out of. Oh, by the way, M.B.A 24 Cincinnati Moeller 6!!

You are clearly ignorant on the part of Michigan and their 1/2 championship in saying Nebraska was clearly better. That couldn't be further from the truth. They needed an illegal play to beat Missouri as the clock ran out, and common opponents, they beat Baylor by the about same score while Michigan beat Colorado by 35 instead of just 3 for Nebraska. Michigan played 5 ranked teams while Nebraska played 6, however Michigan played 4 teams ranked in the top 10 at the time they played them, and overall Michigan's schedule was much tougher since their schedule didn't include Akron or Iowa State, Baylor was the easiest team on Michigan's schedule but that is a wash since Nebraska played as well. And who really cares what Ohio States record against the SEC is (0-9, ok I admit seeing that) but Michigan is 20-5-1 against the SEC so your point proves your point. And Miami can hardly be considered in the south besides location of the city/school, that is more northern than Ohio State or Michigan (which are actually in the Midwest, not the North)

You are clearly ignorant on the part of Michigan and their 1/2 championship in saying Nebraska was clearly better. That couldn't be further from the truth. They needed an illegal play to beat Missouri as the clock ran out, and common opponents, they beat Baylor by the about same score while Michigan beat Colorado by 35 instead of just 3 for Nebraska. Michigan played 5 ranked teams while Nebraska played 6, however Michigan played 4 teams ranked in the top 10 at the time they played them, and overall Michigan's schedule was much tougher since their schedule didn't include Akron or Iowa State, Baylor was the easiest team on Michigan's schedule but that is a wash since Nebraska played as well. And who really cares what Ohio States record against the SEC is (0-9, ok I admit seeing that) but Michigan is 20-5-1 against the SEC so your point proves your point. And Miami can hardly be considered in the south besides location of the city/school, that is more northern than Ohio State or Michigan (which are actually in the Midwest, not the North)

I 'think' he was referring to the University of Miami, Hurricanes and last time I looked at a map they were about as far South as you can get and still be on mainland Fla. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Also you might want to look at Penn States record against the Tn Volunteers under the Great Pumpkin! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

they still upset we won the war and we make money

I 'think' he was referring to the University of Miami, Hurricanes and last time I looked at a map they were about as far South as you can get and still be on mainland Fla. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Also you might want to look at Penn States record against the Tn Volunteers under the Great Pumpkin! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know, that is what I was referring to, it is located in the south on the map, but it is not a "southern" area. The accents coming out of Miami are completely that of the north. All those people going down that way to retire and what not.