Hey Ram Fan

hopalot

Who paid Wanamakers way. Don't get mad ,just enlighten us.

Where you at Sue, I didn't see his parents at either Hampton or Cloudland last year.Seems to me if someone was willing to pay for their kid to attend a private school. They would like to watch him play ball. I thought he was worth watching. DANDY BALL PLAYER.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo do you even know who Adrian's parents are? Do you even know the situation he came from? For you to try and use this player as a scapegoat against The grace Christian Academy is pretty sad. I don't call kids out on here. I just support my team and let them know I believe in them. Answer my questions Pujo. The Grace Christian Academy??”Striving for Perfection in 2008.

Pujo do you even know who Adrian's parents are? Do you even know the situation he came from? For you to try and use this player as a scapegoat against The grace Christian Academy is pretty sad. I don't call kids out on here. I just support my team and let them know I believe in them. Answer my questions Pujo. The Grace Christian Academy??”Striving for Perfection in 2008.

Tell us about his situation , Most kids who come from a bad situation can't afford private school. Did someone from the church help him out of a bad situation and pay his tuition? If so great ........but thats against TSSAA rules. Are those same people gonna help a kid from a bad situation get into grace if the kid is short , slow , weak , and tottaly nonathletic?

You all could care less abut Adrian's situation. You all believe what you want to believe. He is a great person, a great player and is now in college. The Grace Christian Academy??”Striving for Perfection in 2008.

oH nobody on here has anything against Adrian, My son walked over and talked to him at both the Hampton and Cloudland games last season. He was very polite and modest. Seemed like a great kid.

My point is this , if you have people who are willing to pay the enrollment of one kid ,you are not above doing the same thing for others. Its called cheating and being dishonest. In some peoples minds ,it is admirable to help kids out. But when you cheat ,especially in the name of God, it don't look so great.

Ok! I'll admit that I shouldn't have lumped all private schools together! Some private schools that are established in the athletic department don't have to recruit because of the prestige they have already earned! There are also probably some private schools that dont recruit from the start of the their programs and build them the right way!

Maybe some publics do recruit as well but I havent heard of any recruitment at Hampton! Some larger publics probably do recruit as well! If they do it's not right!

But some privates do recruit as well! It just seems funny to me that a program can be built in two or three years and are pounding teams they beat but didnt pound the year before and there are sophmore and junior players on the roster that were not on the team last year! Tennessee Temple had a high school football team for 3 years! In 2006, their second year they beat South Pittsburg 61-22 and went to the quater-finals in the playoffs! SP had the same players they won state with in 2007! 2 years after the program started they were dominating everybody!

If they do recruit to build a program it's not right! Maybe some privates dont recruit! I have no problem with privates that do build their programs the right way!

Sorry for the confusion! I shouldn't have put all public or all private schools in the same category!

Thank you for the clarification and sorry for the sarcasm. Sometimes I respond too quickly. One of the things that I see over and over and have grown tired of is many times on these forums people lump all privates into the same pot. Many people don't understand that D-1 privates can't provide tuition assistance while D-2 can. So when someone hears of a poor kid going to a private they believe it's cheating, even though it may be D-2. There are also, unfortunately, some privates who have done things in the past which give all the privates a black eye.

Remember that just about every kid at a private school transfers in. Why? Because NO ONE goes to a private school because they are zoned to go there. Not one. Also, I'd ask you to remember that there are many high profile transfers in the Knoxville area to public schools. Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying that they did anything wrong, only that transfers are a fact of life in football. If I had a son who might ride the bench at a large 5A school (which I don't) but who might see significant playing time at a 1A or 2A school I'd have to think about that IF they had great academics, a Christian environment, and I could afford it. I do know that there are some privates who try to do things the right way, and I hate for them to take criticism that they don't deserve.

Thanks for taking the time to look at both sides of this issue. Good luck on the rest of your season.