Mt Pleasant vs. Wayne Co

wholder

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a great game... this game is very important because the winner of it has a great chance to get into the top 2 of the region...idk if collinwood will get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd but , MTP, WC, AND CW will get the top 3...

I agree that WC offensive and defensive lines have not played as good as they could have. If they do not pick it up this week we'll be in trouble. Play action 50 yard home run will never get off. Shotgun short routes and screens may be on the playbook this week. However, I can't blame our sluggest start completely on the line play. I hope we continue to look underneath and not always over the top. We will have to have our "A" game tackling. The team plays with very little emotion. Looks like some seniors are trying to provide leadership and encouragement but others don't buy in. Its time for the juniors to step it up from the leadership stand point. I have no doubt that WC can win the game but they will have to fight for it. I don't think that MP respects us, and really why should they. You have to beat them to earn that respect and we haven't got it done. So WC its time to put up or shut up.Play as a team or loose as a team but do it as a team.

I agree that WC offensive and defensive lines have not played as good as they could have. If they do not pick it up this week we'll be in trouble. Play action 50 yard home run will never get off. Shotgun short routes and screens may be on the playbook this week. However, I can't blame our sluggest start completely on the line play. I hope we continue to look underneath and not always over the top. We will have to have our "A" game tackling. The team plays with very little emotion. Looks like some seniors are trying to provide leadership and encouragement but others don't buy in. Its time for the juniors to step it up from the leadership stand point. I have no doubt that WC can win the game but they will have to fight for it. I don't think that MP respects us, and really why should they. You have to beat them to earn that respect and we haven't got it done. So WC its time to put up or shut up.Play as a team or loose as a team but do it as a team.

Dang your exactly right about that one...we have to play better than we did at CA cause lets face it MTP is better than CA...

WC is more balance because of their potential ability to run or pass with equal effectiveness. That's not to say that MP doesn't have a good running or passing game. I believe that when in a short yardage situation or long time consuming drives MP has the advantage. On the other hand it would not surprise me if WC threw for 2 TDs and ran for 2. I would also not be surprise if MP doubled WC in time of position. This is not a knock on MP I just believe that WC has the potential to be the better passing team. Say what you want about the Rice kid, but he is very good and is well coached. I assure you that Coach Smith realizes that this year they must pound their big FB in order set up the rest of the offense. Just like he realized last year that he need to get the ball in the hands of his playmaker inorder to be effective. I like you all are just going by my observations of the two teams (both of which was very impressive by the way). I believe that this will be a good game and the one who turns it over the fewer number of times will win.

The best I can figure MP is rushing the ball about 80% of the time which accounts for about 70% of their total yds for the year. While WC is rushing the ball about 69% of the time which accounts for about 59% of their total yards. If these stats are true then I would conclude that WC is the more balance team of the two /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> WC has also completed 50% of their passes in every game this year except Moore Co. which was in a down pour.

The best I can figure MP is rushing the ball about 80% of the time which accounts for about 70% of their total yds for the year. While WC is rushing the ball about 69% of the time which accounts for about 59% of their total yards. If these stats are true then I would conclude that WC is the more balance team of the two /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> WC has also completed 50% of their passes in every game this year except Moore Co. which was in a down pour.

mTp starting QB was out the 2nd & 3rd game of the season. During that time the backup is a running QB & the starting QB is more of a passer. If you looked at the games he played the balance would be alot closer to WC. Also what throws that % off is that the last two games have been blow outs with b-team & freshmen have played alot. mTp second & thrid strain played the first half of the Cornersville game. I do beleive mTp has found something in the air & mixing it well with the run game.

Wait & see were CA ends up at the end of the season.

mTp has more wins than your team does.

No, trust me they will.

MAN JUST WAKE UP

YALL PLAY IN THE MOST PATHETIC REGION IN THIS STATE. NOTHING AGAINST WAYNE CO OR MOORE CO.

WE WOULD BEAT YOU, WHICH WE ALREADY HAVE. I JUST KNOW FOR A FACT THAT YALL ARE TOO DANG SCARED TO PLAY US IN A REAL GAME CAUSE MTP DOESNT WANNA LOSE TO A 1-9 PROGRAM.

WAYNE CO I HOPE YALL BREAK THE SCOREBOARD.

WC is more balance because of their potential ability to run or pass with equal effectiveness. That's not to say that MP doesn't have a good running or passing game. I believe that when in a short yardage situation or long time consuming drives MP has the advantage. On the other hand it would not surprise me if WC threw for 2 TDs and ran for 2. I would also not be surprise if MP doubled WC in time of position. This is not a knock on MP I just believe that WC has the potential to be the better passing team. Say what you want about the Rice kid, but he is very good and is well coached. I assure you that Coach Smith realizes that this year they must pound their big FB in order set up the rest of the offense. Just like he realized last year that he need to get the ball in the hands of his playmaker inorder to be effective. I like you all are just going by my observations of the two teams (both of which was very impressive by the way). I believe that this will be a good game and the one who turns it over the fewer number of times will win.

Time of possession will mean nothing at the end of this game. I think you have the game plans reversed. WC will probably try to keep the ball as long as possible. MP has scored as many times from over 50 as they have under 15 yards. We can pound the big fullback but we can also get to the edges or go down the field.

MAN JUST WAKE UP

YALL PLAY IN THE MOST PATHETIC REGION IN THIS STATE. NOTHING AGAINST WAYNE CO OR MOORE CO.

WE WOULD BEAT YOU, WHICH WE ALREADY HAVE. I JUST KNOW FOR A FACT THAT YALL ARE TOO DANG SCARED TO PLAY US IN A REAL GAME CAUSE MTP DOESNT WANNA LOSE TO A 1-9 PROGRAM.

WAYNE CO I HOPE YALL BREAK THE SCOREBOARD.

osk24 are you a Spring Hill fan?