Jo Byrns vs. Forrest

FridayMainEvent

Winner?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

This will be a tough battle between these two teams. I'd have to say the talent level is pretty close, but I'd give have to give a slight edge to J.B. from a Coaching standpoint. No insult intended to Forrest, but Coach Adkins has been doing this for a long time and is one of the main reasons Jo Byrns has dominated this region over the past few years. Good luck to both teams, but I'll have to pick Jo Byrns in this one.

Jo Byrns 22

Forrest 13

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a tough battle between these two teams. I'd have to say the talent level is pretty close, but I'd give have to give a slight edge to J.B. from a Coaching standpoint. No insult intended to Forrest, but Coach Adkins has been doing this for a long time and is one of the main reasons Jo Byrns has dominated this region over the past few years. Good luck to both teams, but I'll have to pick Jo Byrns in this one.

Jo Byrns 22

Forrest 13

the team that creates opportunities for itself & capitalizes on miscues will win this ball game, this will be a close game and may both teams play to their best ability, turnovers in this one will be the difference. Get ready the byrn's boys are coming as we continue to improve a little more each week. good luck & Godspeed to all the boys that play the game. Is it wk 5 already ?

Red Devils in a close one..... Week 6 coming up here in Tiger country. Time flies by

FORREST STRENGTH WILL BE ON THE LINE OF PLAY. JBS HAS SOME BIG PLAY ABILITY, BUT NOTHING LIKE IN PAST YEARS. THIS GAME SHOULD BE SETTLED UNDER A TOUCDOWN OR LESS. JBS TO ME HAS THE EDGE WITH THE RUNNING OF ASHBRANNER, HOLT, AND THE COACHING STAFF. MTCS LAST PROBABLY SHOUD HAVE WON, BUT WERE OUT COACHED. TOM ADKINS IS ONE OF THE TOP FIVE COACHES IN THE MID-STATE ON ANY LEVEL. THE ASSISTANT, TOO, DO A GOOD JOB.

Must not have watched same game as I if you think Jo Bryns outcoached

Mtcs.

I heard directly from Jo Bryn diehard faithful that NO ONE would "out coach" Shadowen. He is top of his profession from a strategy standpoint. You don't win back-to-back 5A State Championships because you don't know what your doing. Not real sure what game that person was watching either from what I heard.

I heard directly from Jo Bryn diehard faithful that NO ONE would "out coach" Shadowen. He is top of his profession from a strategy standpoint. You don't win back-to-back 5A State Championships because you don't know what your doing. Not real sure what game that person was watching either from what I heard.

. MTCS IS WELL COACHED. AND NO DOUBT THE MOST IMPROVED TEAM IN THE REGION THEY DID EXPLOIT OUR SECONDARY. BUT THEY HAD OPPORTUNITIES TO RUN THE BALL. ON ONE SERIES JBS WENT TO A THREE MAN LINE AND WENT SMALL. MTCS I BELIEVE THREW THE BALL TWICE AND TRIED A REVERSE. THIS PLAYED RIGHT INTO JBS STRENGTH. NUMBE 24 IS A GOOD RUNNING BACK AND I FEEL HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE OR TWO CHANCES. MAYBE MTCS SAW THINGS ON FILM THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD EXPLOIT. COACH SHADOWEN IS A LEGEND AND IS HALL OF FAME. DOES HE CALL THE OFFENSE? OR DOES HE HAVE A COORDINATOR THAT CALLS PLAYS? I PERSONALLY FELT THERE WAS ONE SERIES IF THEY HAD RUN THE BALL MTCS MAY HAVE WON. I STILL STAND BY THE STATEMENT TOM ADKINS IS ONE OF THE TOP COACHES IN THE MID-STATE. COACH SHADOWEN MAY BE ONE OF TOP 5 ALL-TIME COACHES IN TENNESSEE WITHING THE LAST TWO OR THREE DECADAES. I CAN REMEMBER ONE GAME WHEN I COACHED I WENT TO ANOTHER DEFENSE THE OTHER TEAM WAS NOT EXPECTING AND I COULD HERE THE OTHER COACH YELL OUT NO NO AND WE INTERCEPTED A PASS. I WILL, ALSO, ADMIT I WAS NO WAY IN THE OTHER COACH'S LEAGUE. BUT ON THAT NIGHT WE HAD MORE TALENT AND I HAD A GOOD COACHING NIGHT, I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHEN I SAY COACH ADKINS AND HIS STAFF OUTCOACHED MTCS IT IS A COMPLEMENT TO MTCS FOR SUCH COACHING. THE NEXT MEETING MAY BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

I BET WHAT COACH SHADOWEN MADE HIM SO GOOD HE LEARNED IF HE MADE A MISTAKES AND MADE ADJUSTMENTS.