Jo Byrns vs. Forrest

FridayMainEvent

Winner?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

For me it is a toss up. Brandon Holt led all rushers with 80-90 yds. So, he not only led the offense but played a huge part in keeping MTCS's offense on the sideline. OR...give it to the JB "D". To put it simple, they bent but did not break.

My thoughts exactly...and I hate to single out a player in a game like that because it was such a team effort. That's true in every game though. But if I had to pick one player it'd be Bolt. Scott also had a solid game (9 of 12 for 127) and the 48 yard pass to Twig on 3rd and 7 was the biggest play of the game. Bolt played his heart out though.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly...and I hate to single out a player in a game like that because it was such a team effort. That's true in every game though. But if I had to pick one player it'd be Bolt. Scott also had a solid game (9 of 12 for 127) and the 48 yard pass to Twig on 3rd and 7 was the biggest play of the game. Bolt played his heart out though.

Well I think that I will have to go with Shep on this one. If you have to pick one player I would have to say Bolt ( but I have a huge dog in that fight) not only as an offensive player but he had a pretty good defensive night as well but the Defense as a unit was absolutely fabulous so you couldn't go wrong giving it to the defense as a whole. Those red zone stops were breath taking as in I couldn't breathe until it was over. The whole bend but don't break philosphy worked like a charm but is not good for the ulcers. Congrats to the team on a well played exciting game.

This should be another great game to watch. I was comparing the stats for Forrest vs. NCS & E'ville to MTCS vs. NCS & E'ville and it looks like Forrest and MTCS are pretty close to one another. There are some differences in the two teams but overall they appear to be pretty even. One of the biggest differences I see in the two teams is that Forrest doesn't appear to have much of a passing game. I'm pretty sure the Rockets will be putting in a few more pass plays in the game plan this week though. With that said, I really like how JB matches up to Forrest defensively. For JB's offense, we will have to continue to be balanced because it looks like Forrest is pretty good against the run as well. Another thing I noticed about Forrest is that they've made a lot of plays on special teams. In a close game, this could play a huge part.

This should be a close, hard fought game by all accounts. Will JB's versatility on offense be the deciding factor or will Forrest's special teams be the deciding factor? That's how I see the game shaping up so far...

Cant agree more. Forrest starting out passing more than of late. Ground game has been solid and defense speaks for itself but we have to develop an air game to get through the rest of season. If we dont, the likes of JB, Cascade, and MTCS will be more than difficult to overcome.

Look who sssssssslithered in here! Haven't heard from you in a while. Looks like ya'll, Cwood, are pretty stout this year. Anyhow...did the Rockets impress you with speed?

Speed is all they have goin for em. Need to hit the weight room and got stronger. They do have that magic rabbits foot stuck up their you know what. Prolly win another game this week.