David Lipscomb at Goodpasture

BAeagle90

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game is always a close one, however; this year goodpasture is very young and is rebuilding and DL is at its height according to several people over coacht.com. IMO every year this game is good but DL will run with this one.

DL-42

GHS-6

i will enjoy watching on CSS /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> best of luck to both teams

Don't think revenge will come into play on this one. Lipscomb wins no problem, rebuilding year for the cougars, lipscomb 42-14 =====GO COUGARS====

Can't blame Goodpastures poor success thus far on a rebuilding year. That's an easy excuse. Lipscomb is supposed to have a rebuilding year every year. However, they always end up with one of the best teams around. Not at all saying the Cougars dont. They have a fantastic program. I just dont think your correct saying the Cougars will lose because of a rebuilding year. I think the Mustangs are just alot better.

DLHS: 42

GOODPASTURE:7

when the Mustangs pull the starters. The cougars will then probably put up another score on the JV

Wait just one minute here. When DL plays Goodpasture throw out the schedules, records, and predictions. This game will be a dog fight as it has been all but one year in the last 10 in which DL walloped GP in the playoffs. Both teams will bring their A Game and it will be the same as it is every year. I think DL prevails but I dont look for the JV to play at all. DL will have to earn this one whistle to whistle. Both teams have done alot of great things with limited athletes through the years. Sometimes they have been even better with less talent due to simplification. Rogers speed will be the difference just as it has been when his brother played the cougars his Jr/Sr year. Go Stangs be prepared for 4 quarters of battle and dont let up no matter what the score.

I don't usually make predictions and I will hold true now. However, too many wacky plays has taken place in this game that has turned the tide many times. A wrong decision or call by a coach has cost his team victories in the past and there has been times when the strongest team on paper has looked flat in this game and lost. I look for a competitive game this year. There are weaknesses on each team and the opposing coaches will look to exploit them. It could once again come to a coaching decision from the sidelines that will determine the outcome of the game. Get there early.

Lipscomb is poised for another run at Murfreesboro! I was not as impressed with the team until this past Friday night in Cheatham County. I thought the defense is as good as it has been the past two years. The defensive line may not be as good but the linbackers are a photocopy of the 2005 bunch. I believe the secondary is as good as it has ever been and they do what they do on the offensive side of the ball and it is very tough to stop. I dont expect this one to be too close at all I would be suprised if Goodpasture breaks out of single digits.

I would agree with Gambler and Vandy1 on this topic. I don't know what's going on with Goodpasture this year other than starting a Freshman QB. No knock on the young man at all, just a very tough assignment for a Freshman on any team. David Martin is a good football coach and seems to always have something "up his sleeve" for the DL game. You simply can't ignore the fact that Goodpasture handed it to Ravenwood who has since beaten Brentwood Academy and Brentwood High. A win over DL renews their confidence and their reputation. I expect Goodpasture to play loose and to have a "nothing to lose attitude." All the pressure will be on Lipscomb since nearly everyone will expect them to win, and win big, and continue their unbeaten season. I do believe the Mustangs will win this game, but I do not expect a large margin of victory.

Can't blame Goodpastures poor success thus far on a rebuilding year. That's an easy excuse. Lipscomb is supposed to have a rebuilding year every year. However, they always end up with one of the best teams around. Not at all saying the Cougars dont. They have a fantastic program. I just dont think your correct saying the Cougars will lose because of a rebuilding year. I think the Mustangs are just alot better.

when the Mustangs pull the starters. The cougars will then probably put up another score on the JV

You are starting a 14 year old as quarterback on a varsity team and you don't say a rebuilding year?

Yea, he's 14.

I think the Mustangs are just alot (a lot) better. I hope Goodpasture will bring their A game and keep it somewhat close. Goodpasture has the weakest defense they have had in quite some time.

You are starting a 14 year old as quarterback on a varsity team and you don't say a rebuilding year?

Yea, he's 14.

I think the Mustangs are just alot (a lot) better. I hope Goodpasture will bring their A game and keep it somewhat close. Goodpasture has the weakest defense they have had in quite some time.

nice scoreboard, i see you are living in the past. IMO this year will be different DL's, 10 senior, defense is drooling for this 14 year old QB who has yet to face a defense such as coach mac's who blitzes every play and hits you in the mouth. lipscomb will end this one by halftime if they can contain cunningham, who is an excellent player.

Yea, he's 14.

Lipscomb loses the majority of their starters every season. The reason for the Mustang success is that they are already building for next year each season by putting players in positions they are likely future starters in. This not only is the key to success for the following season it builds depth for the next one. The only thing starting a 14 year old at quarterback can do for a squad is hurt them. This is why the Mustangs are always trying to build depth to not only help out in the current season, but will build a team the following year.

David Lipscomb: 41

Goodpasture: 14

Sounds like your bumping your gums and haven't seen the cougars play this year. Can't you be satisified that we are giving your team the advantage 42-14 for the victory. Ill blame it on Young and inexperence, You can blame it on what ever floats your boat.