Marion County vs. Whitwell

mchs51

Tim is a heck-of-a good guy and will be a good coach for Whitwell... but those fans have to give him time to get something going. Like was posted earlier, he didn't inherit much of a program... sorry Possum, no ill-will intended..... Last years graduating class was arguably the most athletic in Whitwell's recent history (football, basketball, baseball and even the girl's side of things). It will take time for ALL of the sports to get built back up and with a small student body, that kind of drop will be detrimental to any program...... The good people of Whitwell must understand it will take time and they must support all of the coaches and programs......

i would agree that last years class was one of the most athletic in recent years in all sports.....hard to replace a leader like we had at QB last year.....that being said tim will get things going again it will take some time.....purplerad...possum..bill49...you guys that have coached in this rivalry im sure would all agree that its good for the kids,communities, and THE GATE......but other than bragging rights and pride i dont think either schools coaches hangs their hat on this game......fans probably dont understand that coaches on both sides enjoy the win but are focused on region opponents(ie Tyner.....congrats)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Love One Another, Love One Another, Love One Another!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We all should be proud of the teams and communities we represent! Whitwell, Marion County & South Pittsburg High Schools are all quality schools with great kids. Just like Whitwell gets disturbed, rightfully so, when they are degraded so do the people at Marion County High and South Pittsburg. I have been in the valley long enough to say that everyone should just quit trying to one-up another by saying Jasper this and Whitwull that. How childish of all that do that. Let it go!! Each of us know who we represent and we, WHS, MCHS & SPHS, all have a lot to be proud of. Have a nice night!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Amen Peace and Love after all its just a game for fun .....right????

Just Love One Another, Love One Another, Love One Another!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We all should be proud of the teams and communities we represent! Whitwell, Marion County & South Pittsburg High Schools are all quality schools with great kids. Just like Whitwell gets disturbed, rightfully so, when they are degraded so do the people at Marion County High and South Pittsburg. I have been in the valley long enough to say that everyone should just quit trying to one-up another by saying Jasper this and Whitwull that. How childish of all that do that. Let it go!! Each of us know who we represent and we, WHS, MCHS & SPHS, all have a lot to be proud of. Have a nice night!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hand's down one of the greatest post i have read on coacht..

Wow! Rattled that cage.... didn't I? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Hey OP..... am I getting better at this cage rattling thing or what????? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WHOW....I can't believe it...PG and OP agreeing with each other......are yall gonna meet in the middle of the field Thursday night to kiss and make up?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Lady Squaw has it straight.... There is definitely a Purple Storm brewing..... Lightening will be striking in many places over the next couple of weeks..... All you non-believers best take cover..... In the words of Leon Russell... A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

The young lads from WhitWell usually plays Marion County tough, but it will be extremely tough on them this season. The young lads from Marion will take care of business in this one. Marion's coach has now achieved Legend Status so everyone should be on the lookout for Marion as the year goes on. Goodluck to both clubs on Friday. I hope all of the young lads come out injury free in this one.

This one should be a good one in the valley Friday night. Homecoming for MCHS and homecoming for 75% of Whitwell' coaching staff. I know that they have been working hard to try and change the attitude in Whitwell and are making progress. But like PurpleGrad said it takes time and hoefully the administration and the community will give Tim the support he needs. As far as getting Tim better assitants... I sure that if anyone stepped up and asked to help they would be more than happy to have them. All four coaches do it for the love of the game and the love of the children. I believe that this one will be closer than most people think. The team that controls the ball the best and manages turnovers will be the winner. Good luck to both teams and hope all the players come out healthy