Ensworth vs. McCallie

Ensworth11

Question: Are the veiled and not so veiled references to the ineligible(?) player at Ensworth about the industrial sized player with a somewhat ethnic name I noticed Ensworth's roster? It looked like one of BA's lineman had been mistakenly been listed. If I remember correctly, we're talking around 6'5" and 280 lbs.

First of all, he doesn't have an ethnic name. Second of all, he's bigger than that.

Back to the important topic. EHS as many have pointed out, has not been tested this season. That changes tomorrow night. McCallie is a good team, but I don't think they match up against the Tigers. I wouldn't be surprised if McCallie jumps out to an early lead, because EHS looked flat against Knoxville Webb. But even if McCallie gets up early, EHS has a veteran team with great coaches, and they are certainly capable of coming back and regaining control of the game.

All that having been said, EHS by at least 14.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if McCallie jumps out to an early lead, because EHS looked flat against Knoxville Webb.

Maybe Ensworth was flat but Knoxville Webb was standing toe-to-toe with Ensworth until they had a kid injured, put on a backboard and transported to the hospital. After that Knoxville Webb lost their focus and emotion.

I believe McCallie will win this game, we'll see tomorrow night.

Because he went to UNC or because he was a Morehead? You might have to do some personal research on that fact. But those were the good old days when Baylor and McCallie would have a couple each year. Unfortunately for Baylor and McCallie, UNC now casts a much bigger net.

Both. I know back in the day it was not as competitive as it is today,but getting the Morehead anytime is no slouch. I'm sure it made his parents happy. We had a boy at MBA get the Morehead last year and turn it down.

Maybe Ensworth was flat but Knoxville Webb was standing toe-to-toe with Ensworth until they had a kid injured, put on a backboard and transported to the hospital. After that Knoxville Webb lost their focus and emotion.

I believe McCallie will win this game, we'll see tomorrow night.

I agree that Knox Webb did lose focus, but EHS looked flat even after the unfortunate injury. Does anyone have an update on that player's condition?

Ensworth 17 McCallie 23

Great game on tap for tomorrow night. McCallie's running game coming on strong and Rush's passing good enough to free up the running game. Basically a home game win for the Blue Tornado, but the "weight challenged" lady will not be singing until the final buzzer goes off!

Here's to an exciting game with no injuries.

The kid from Knox Webb is fine he just had a stinger with maks you feel like you are incapable of movement but he is fine

ensworth did come out flat but that has definatly changed and i believe that the tigers will come out fired up and will win this one...it wont be a blowout but i think ensworth by 14 at least

I can't imagine that he wouldn't have known he'd be ineligible for a year. But let's assume you're right; let's assume he went to EHS solely to play football at a higher level. Wouldn't he be better off playing at a higher level?

Everybody talks about what a fine young man he is and what a rough upbringing he's had. So he's at a top flight academic institution with a much higher athletic profile, playing for one of the best football coaches in Tennessee. It seems as though he might have actually caught a break in life, and you think there's something horribly wrong here? With friends and supporters like y'all, I certainly hope this kid never has enemies.

Except for the fact that I knew Ricky Bowers several years ago, Ensworth is nothing but a team I used to play against when I was a 7th and 8th grader, and now an opponent on MBA's schedule. Even if Ensworth provided every illegal inducment in the world to convince him to come there, shouldn't you maybe glad for the kid's opportunity?

I can promise you HE DIDN'T KNOW and sure he would be benefiting "if he were playing". No one said his up bringing was rough just that he didn't have a lot. Maybe he did catch a break and is getting a good education, I hope so, but I'm not glad when adults are using this kid for their gain and now it has cost the kid a year of eligibility. That is what gets me. Now that he is there I hope he does well but he can't if he isn't on the field.

I can promise you HE DIDN'T KNOW and sure he would be benefiting "if he were playing". No one said his up bringing was rough just that he didn't have a lot. Maybe he did catch a break and is getting a good education, I hope so, but I'm not glad when adults are using this kid for their gain and now it has cost the kid a year of eligibility. That is what gets me. Now that he is there I hope he does well but he can't if he isn't on the field.

And the likelihood of him (or anybody else) making a dime from football are slim, and the odds of a college scholarship are only a little better. If neither happens, he'll have to get by on his education. Ensworth provides one of the very best. Education is more important than football.

I don't suppose the adults at his previous school would have gotten any gain from him being on the field down there?

And I admire your sense of outrage over his year of lost eligibility. I'm sure you share my sentiments that kids should be allowed to change schools without losing eligibility for a year.

But I really can't seem him in coaching shorts, T-shirt, ball cap, with a whistle around his neck, coaching seventh grade football. Good for him--it adds to his esperience.

He had a very academic air about him and alw ays addressed us as "Mr. Woodroof", etc. As a 12 yr old, you're not really used to be addressed as Mr. He was a prety decent coach; he was an exceelent English teacher. I'm glad to see he's done well; he was a great guy.