Clinton vs Oak Ridge

coonhunter293

Witherspoon, was just kinda hanging, til Hazlehurst when out, then he stepped it up! AC wouldnt kick it to him, just Pooch kicks, Maryville kicked to the endzone, CC wouldnt kick it to him, and South Doyle would, That's why he just now showed up. He is #1 a WR! I agree, Hazlehurst being out, IS AWEFUL, I really like Weston, He is 10 times a better person than a football player, and 200 yrds rushing a game, and 20 tackles is huge!!!! But I think the team is ready for a challenge, it being playing without him, everybody relied on him too much. Cant throw it, then give to Hazelhurst and let him score, that is what everyone said! I am excited to see what the rest of the team can do! I believe people will be impressed. But you just cant prove it till they do it, so we'll see tomorrow night!

I agree. I want to see what the rest of the team is going to do. Weston is a great ball player. I have watched him play for years. I'm sorry to see him go out, especially for the Oak Ridge game. However, at the same time a think it will do a little good for team morale. Let the others get in on some action. Stone has a arm that is out of this world. I would like to see the coaches use his WR's a little more. Let Stone show off his passing skills.

Go Dragons!!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that 2 wrongs make a right, but ask CPD what happened at our field Thursday night. I hope they find the persons responsible for the goalpost and make them pay for it. If they can't find the guilty parties, then the City of Clinton needs to step up and pay. By the way, get off your high horse saying we don't "deserve" to play you, attitudes like that are the exact reason why this sort thing happens. Until you get rid of your "coach", the city of OR can't give any lessons on the subject of class.

Why should the city of Clinton pay??

Clinton is a county school.

But i find it hard to believe that they cant find a bunch of teens who will be running their mouth about this.

the whole town of clinton has to be a giant collection of the most classess people in the world. mess with a goal post at an opposing team's field that you didnt even play at? how about you win more than 4 in 35 years before you get too excited. clinton students should be happy. they should celebrate. heck, they are clinton students, what else do they have to look forward to in their life? please clinton, if you want to cause destruction, go back to bombing your own school.

First, I want to say that it is embarrassing that a handful of people from Clinton vandalized the OR field...again. It's unfortunate that such a special night for those Clinton football players and students would be overshadowed by a stupid act. I can understand your anger towards those people.

However, to lump all of the people in the town in with those few is ridiculous. I mean, at the secret town meeting we called wednesday night to discuss what damage we would do to Blankenship following the game on Friday, at least 10 people were opposed to the destruction........

Seriously, the bombing reference was a little much. It's disrespectful to people like Paul Turner, the pastor at First Baptist Church in Clinton, who was beaten half to death after walking the students to school. It also is a discredit to the many students and residents that were accepting of the integration. I'm not saying that everyone was for it, but the integration drew so much outside attention that much of the uproar was caused by outsiders, such as John Kaspar, who were set on stopping the integration.....anyway, enough of that conversation.

Again, sorry for the actions of a few. I hope they find out who did it. Good luck to OR the rest of the season.

Yes, it is true, Clinton High School is a county school. With that being said, Clinton High School is a representative of the City of Clinton. The school is in the city, our stadium is in the city.

Let me know when you bring this before the city council this should be fun to watch. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If this game and the ongoing trend doesn't open your eyes, then you just don't want to see!!!! My family has been there and experienced this first hand, no offense to any player at all. I respect every single player and their parents and the support they give, but this is a disgrace to the program and the community! This isn't about the Clinton game, but the futue of OR Football. I give huge props to the Clinton players and their coaching staff, but any staff member or School Board member that supports this direction should be shown the door by the community exercising their right to vote!!! Don't pin this on a few key people ( Ken Green,Tom Bailey,John Smith) get rid of the entire School Board. Don't ###### about it, do something about it!!!!!

If you think the school board has anything to do with hiring of teachers and coaches, then you are as ignorant as the bird brains in D.C. that think the bailout is going to fix the economic crisis in the good ole U. S. of A. The future of OR football does not mean a hill of beans. The future of OR school system now that is a different story. Wake up people, it is a game that is played for fun and the world will move on whether they win or lose games. When it becomes something other than a game, then we should not say they are playing anymore. It then becomes a job and would have much more of an affect on the people than getting on here and bashing coaches. As with everything else, all perspective has been lost. Move on to something constructive and make a difference in someones life outside of the sports world. Treat it as the recreation and entertainment that is intended to be.

hahaha. o man. I'll start by saying you are very wrong by saying that oak ridge doesnt have ANY, to be correct, class. Oak Ridge football has one of the greatest backgrounds and most classy football program in the state of tennessee. (I am not from oak ridge and i have to admit that). I will say that they have dropped off here in the past couple years a little but who doesn't that happen too? Anyways, as i said I am not from oak ridge and niether am i from clinton. To tell you the truth i live in West Knoxville but i love high school football and like to stay on top of all the teams as best i can. I do apologize for calling you, and anyone else that says clinton will win, an idiot but i was just trying to keep you from making another terrible prediction as you did against maryville. As for clinton and there so called great back up, watch out for that oak ridge defense. There will not be too much running room up the middle and if there is be prepared to meet Normand, Carson, or Harder and they will crush anything in their way. Normand and Carson play on the line and are in the backfield almost every play. Chris Harder is the middle linebacker and he will hit you and hit you hard. I hope clinton's backup is ready to take some shots. Stone will be contained and have no where to throw it with oak ridge's depth and experience in the secondary (With Clark, Rodgers, and #15 back there) No one on clinton's team is faster than those guys. And when clinton's offense doesn't work their team will shut down. Oak ridge will have clinton 14 to 0 at half and go on to win 28 to 7. You will see

HEY you are so wrong on any of ANDERSON COUNTYS football teams CLINTON/AC/&OR I am a fan of and have watched all these kids play for years hoppers/cutters/pee wees/middle school/& HS FOOTBALL. Clinton & AC players are better& have always been they have all the Championships.The players you name CLARK/RODGERS/HARDER/normand are not even close.CLINTON has beat them this time and for AC MAVS players like LONGMIRE/ZEKE RODGERS/ and for sure the fullback/ linebacker CHAD COLEMAN has killed CLARK&RODGERS for years they are scared to death of him that is why they always lose to them just ask coach STEVENS he will tell you the same. YOU might know WEST KNOX football but you know nothing about AC or CLINTON or OAK RIDGE FOOTBALL.

If you think the school board has anything to do with hiring of teachers and coaches, then you are as ignorant as the bird brains in D.C. that think the bailout is going to fix the economic crisis in the good ole U. S. of A. The future of OR football does not mean a hill of beans. The future of OR school system now that is a different story. Wake up people, it is a game that is played for fun and the world will move on whether they win or lose games. When it becomes something other than a game, then we should not say they are playing anymore. It then becomes a job and would have much more of an affect on the people than getting on here and bashing coaches. As with everything else, all perspective has been lost. Move on to something constructive and make a difference in someones life outside of the sports world. Treat it as the recreation and entertainment that is intended to be.

Does this include your bashing Coach Kerr on the AC/Powell thread for two days in a row? As we all see, perspective has been lost. Please move onto something more constructive. No offense. Just trying to make a point.