Union City @ Obion County Central...Who Wins?

uctfan

Ahh, what a tangled web. This game is all about bragging rights. And anyone who says it doesn't matter to the kids is poorly informed. It's not about a 1A versus 3A, not about region wins or playoff implications. It's about playing your neighbor. And it could very well be the last time for a while.

OC has shown some improvement on the defensive side. They are reading better but still have far too many missed tackles. I look for them to try and force the pitch and make the S-backs beat them (at least I would). Yes, UC will throw a few passes, but i think that will be controlled. After Friday's game in Dyersburg, I hope Yeager is on target more so on his passes. Several big opportunities were missed with errant throws. Yes some of them were caused by the D'burg pass rush, but some were simply off target. Now, having seen UC, I don't see them applying the pass rush that D'burg did. Hopefully Yeager will get good protection and hit receivers. He's a good kid and not a bad QB.

Junk plays? I haven't seen OC run any junk plays in an attempt to rattle their opponents. OC is busy trying to get acclimated with their new offense and defense for that matter. I don't expect there will be "junk plays" from the Rebels. Jackson is very knowledgeable. I don't agree with everything he does, but wouldn't expect him to agree with me either. If he stays at OC, I expect positive results in the future.

And I think you would be hard pressed to find any Rebel fans that are happy just to beat UC. These fans and kids alike are ready to get back on track in all games, especially in their own region. OC doesn't look at this as their championship game any more than UC does. I do agree with P&G, this will be OC's easiest opponent. Not that UC is a bad team, but as he said, OC sees quality talent, size and speed every week beyond what UC has or OC themselves.

Bottom line, if OC brings heart to the game, they are in the game Friday. I don't expect either side to have to "hold back any hosses". Go Rebels!!

I agree that OC plays a very tough schedule and truly believe if things were different they could be in the middle of the pack now in Region 1 7A

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that OC plays a very tough schedule and truly believe if things were different they could be in the middle of the pack now in Region 1 7A

That's not saying much..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm assuming you mean Region 7-1A.....

Union City 19

Obion County 6

The first half of the game, Union City had two other opportunities to score inside the 25 yard line of Obion but couldn't do anything. Union City also had the ball on the 4 yard line at one time in the second half and miised a fieldgoal.

Give both defenses credit, one crossed out the other keeping both offenses in check.

First Half - Union City 7

Obion 6

Secoond half, Union City made adjustments well and came out and played good old fashion "Smash Mouth " Football. Obion Count couldn't stop the Union City running up the middle.

With some, kinda like "Home Cookin" with the refs, Union City overcame two time where this could have played a different role in the outcome of the game, but Union City team stepped up.

Union City did loose their best back for tonight in #80 Sanderson....Broken arm and ended up with just over 100 yards.

Union City had right at 300 yards total offense where I think the Rebels was around 160 total for the night.

I find it hard to believe the Rebels came back on the Lone Oak Ky Game, they must have had their second string in the game or something. If Lone Oak was like that Union City might have could ahve one a game like that.

I wasn't all that impressed with Obions passing attack at all.

I listened to their coach on "Count Down To Kick Off" and he noted he closed the practices this past week....for what!! You are 0 - 4 and this isn't college football or the Pros. Now, he is 0 - 5 and looks like he is coaching the Rebels to another 0 - 10 season.

I will also say this, Obion lead tonight....6 - 0 and might have been the first time they lead a football game in over a year in a half or longer. Kinda strange!!

I was telling someone, that by doing things like "Closing Practices, not scrimaging anyone or any contact in practice prior to the season is a little different and he has nothing to show for it.

I along with many other Union City AND Obion County fans wants the Rebels to win....if for anyone...the kids.

So good luck from here on out this year Rebels, keep working hard and maybe someday this hard work will pay off for everyone, it just doesn't seem to be happening this year.

The best thing to come out of this game was the emergence of the UC secondary.....The worst thing was losing Luke Sanderson with a broken arm for the season...Everyone needs to keep this young man in their prayers..This senior was having maybe his best game ever..He was THE main cog in the game until he was injured....Good to see sophomore Trey Maddox come in for Luke and get the long TD run..This kid is tough as nails and maybe only 5'4"..Trey is the nose guard on defense..Tonight was a very,very vanilla gameplan heavy on Smash Mouth and very light on finesse...I thought the Rebels got into Speed's head early in the game and caused alot of the hand-offs instead of him pulling the football out and running...Bottom line is UC did the things it takes to win even though it wasn't a blow-out by any means..This was probably OC's best chance at a win...As funny as it sounds the Covington game may be the only other chance...UC goes to Bruceton next Friday and should have redemption on their minds as Bruceton has beaten the Tornadoes the last two years....UC ends the first half of the season at 4-1 with only region games from here on out until the end of the regular season....I didn't see a defensive struggle in this one but was glad to see the UC "D" step up tonite....19-6 Union City...

good news.. his arm is not fractured at all.. but his elbow is dislocated..

That's surprising news...If it's true it's great news...

The best thing to come out of this game was the emergence of the UC secondary.....The worst thing was losing Luke Sanderson with a broken arm for the season...Everyone needs to keep this young man in their prayers..This senior was having maybe his best game ever..He was THE main cog in the game until he was injured....Good to see sophomore Trey Maddox come in for Luke and get the long TD run..This kid is tough as nails and maybe only 5'4"..Trey is the nose guard on defense..Tonight was a very,very vanilla gameplan heavy on Smash Mouth and very light on finesse...I thought the Rebels got into Speed's head early in the game and caused alot of the hand-offs instead of him pulling the football out and running...Bottom line is UC did the things it takes to win even though it wasn't a blow-out by any means..This was probably OC's best chance at a win...As funny as it sounds the Covington game may be the only other chance...UC goes to Bruceton next Friday and should have redemption on their minds as Bruceton has beaten the Tornadoes the last two years....UC ends the first half of the season at 4-1 with only region games from here on out until the end of the regular season....I didn't see a defensive struggle in this one but was glad to see the UC "D" step up tonite....19-6 Union City...

That's surprising news...If it's true it's great news...

Talked to Dr. Jernigan... its true.. the tornadoes are very happy to hear this news... but he will still be out a while.. if not the season

Union City 19

Obion County 6

The first half of the game, Union City had two other opportunities to score inside the 25 yard line of Obion but couldn't do anything. Union City also had the ball on the 4 yard line at one time in the second half and miised a fieldgoal.

Give both defenses credit, one crossed out the other keeping both offenses in check.

First Half - Union City 7

Obion 6

Secoond half, Union City made adjustments well and came out and played good old fashion "Smash Mouth " Football. Obion Count couldn't stop the Union City running up the middle.

With some, kinda like "Home Cookin" with the refs, Union City overcame two time where this could have played a different role in the outcome of the game, but Union City team stepped up.

Union City did loose their best back for tonight in #80 Sanderson....Broken arm and ended up with just over 100 yards.

Union City had right at 300 yards total offense where I think the Rebels was around 160 total for the night.

I find it hard to believe the Rebels came back on the Lone Oak Ky Game, they must have had their second string in the game or something. If Lone Oak was like that Union City might have could ahve one a game like that.

I wasn't all that impressed with Obions passing attack at all.

I listened to their coach on "Count Down To Kick Off" and he noted he closed the practices this past week....for what!! You are 0 - 4 and this isn't college football or the Pros. Now, he is 0 - 5 and looks like he is coaching the Rebels to another 0 - 10 season.

I will also say this, Obion lead tonight....6 - 0 and might have been the first time they lead a football game in over a year in a half or longer. Kinda strange!!

I was telling someone, that by doing things like "Closing Practices, not scrimaging anyone or any contact in practice prior to the season is a little different and he has nothing to show for it.

I along with many other Union City AND Obion County fans wants the Rebels to win....if for anyone...the kids.

So good luck from here on out this year Rebels, keep working hard and maybe someday this hard work will pay off for everyone, it just doesn't seem to be happening this year.

It is interesting that you left out the Rebels also had the ball deep in Union City territory and had nothing to show for it. And I also get tired of reading on every post you make about Obion Central goin 0-10 and how Coach Jackson is not doin things the "right way". It is his program to run and he can run it anyway he sees fit. I doubt closing a practice has anything to do with a win or loss. Obion Central has a KILLER schedule region and non-region wise. If Union City played the same schedule as the Rebels they would be lookin at 0-5 right now as well. I agree the offense did not look good,but there were several times there were receivers wide open that were overthrown. Union City was suppose to come in and run wild and score 50 points but they didn't. The Rebs played a great game defensively. I thought the Rebels were very physical. And one last thing about the Lone Oak game, they had there starters in. Just because you weren't impressed with them doesn't mean they're not capable of scoring points.

It is interesting that you left out the Rebels also had the ball deep in Union City territory and had nothing to show for it. And I also get tired of reading on every post you make about Obion Central goin 0-10 and how Coach Jackson is not doin things the "right way". It is his program to run and he can run it anyway he sees fit. I doubt closing a practice has anything to do with a win or loss. Obion Central has a KILLER schedule region and non-region wise. If Union City played the same schedule as the Rebels they would be lookin at 0-5 right now as well. I agree the offense did not look good,but there were several times there were receivers wide open that were overthrown. Union City was suppose to come in and run wild and score 50 points but they didn't. The Rebs played a great game defensively. I thought the Rebels were very physical. And one last thing about the Lone Oak game, they had there starters in. Just because you weren't impressed with them doesn't mean there not capable of soring points.

Union City was not suppose to come in and run wild at all.. i dont know where you got that from. Just another OC fan upset about losing to a single a team... and more than likely going 0-10.. again.

It is interesting that you left out the Rebels also had the ball deep in Union City territory and had nothing to show for it. And I also get tired of reading on every post you make about Obion Central goin 0-10 and how Coach Jackson is not doin things the "right way". It is his program to run and he can run it anyway he sees fit. I doubt closing a practice has anything to do with a win or loss. Obion Central has a KILLER schedule region and non-region wise. If Union City played the same schedule as the Rebels they would be lookin at 0-5 right now as well. I agree the offense did not look good,but there were several times there were receivers wide open that were overthrown. Union City was suppose to come in and run wild and score 50 points but they didn't. The Rebs played a great game defensively. I thought the Rebels were very physical. And one last thing about the Lone Oak game, they had there starters in. Just because you weren't impressed with them doesn't mean there not capable of soring points.

The first two passes Yeager threw were incomplete to two wide open receivers..They weren't long downfield passes but they were two that would have gotten big chunks of yards had they been completed...He had another one,could've been Haskins,they changed up alot,that would have been a TD to Minnick late in the game but was overthrown...I think the main thing was UC's pass rush..They got great push and caused the OC QB's into some bad decisions...The Rebels do look better than last season...They played harder in this game this season than at the same time last season...

I keep hearing this may be the last time these two teams play for awhile...I said even back when Steven and Matt were playing that other than the gate this was a lose/lose situation for OC especially when UC dropped to 1A...I hope they continue to play but I guess we will see...