Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You actually give Fatsak or the Maplewood homer credit? That's like giving credit to Lou Holtz the one time ND upsets someone since he picks then everytime to win.. or him picking South Carolina.. or picking against Tennessee. That takes no balls.

That was meant for one person and they know who they are........i was being a little mean with that one. Got any suggestions for the Owls offense

You can't call plays you know they can't execute. The play calling looks not so great...because the QB can't execute. I am sorry if that offends somebody. I can support--cheer--get behind the team-all you want but the bottom line is Brady can not run the offense. He missed two open recievers for touchdowns. Overthrows , missed reads, INT. Pathetic-sorry nothing personal-I am sure he is a fine young man-great student-good citizen in the community-good baseball player-good son-maybe a good driving record-BUT NOT OR EVEN CLOSE to being a good QB. Not improved at all. Sorry Mr Reed just tell it like I see it with respect of course.If anyone that watched that game says different, they are crazy. Can Jaquez play QB? He does everything else.

The head coach needs to shoulder some of the blame....

Congrats Panthers

HIGH FIVES Boski Dude... Sounds like some smack went on in this one.

I will only say this about the game. All who saw it in person and on the internet know where we need the help. You must make a game plan with the talent you have. You can not make someone into something they are not. We need to utilize the strength of our players and stay away from our biggest weakness. Passing is not good for us and the poor lighting on the field combined with bullet passes will never work.

I am sure I can speak for all who made the trip with this one. The best part of the trip and what made the trip worth while was......Their P.A. Guy. He was FANTASTIC!!! Very entertaining and I was amazed at how well and fast he called out the CORRECT number and player of the individuals involved. I wish we could hire this guy for Ooltewah.

Congrats Boski, you all were great hosts tonight. You have a good team and #88 is awesome. My only question for you is.... where were all of the Maplewood supporters? This is a team that palyed in the state championship last year and was playing a highly ranked team. I was disappointed in the lack of community support for your program. Thank goodness they have you and the PA guy along with the Brown's on the chains and Mr. Smith with the down marker (only your PA man would recognize hard working people. Bless him.). I would love to have you all as a regular season game.

I will only say this about the game. All who saw it in person and on the internet know where we need the help. You must make a game plan with the talent you have. You can not make someone into something they are not. We need to utilize the strength of our players and stay away from our biggest weakness. Passing is not good for us and the poor lighting on the field combined with bullet passes will never work.

I am sure I can speak for all who made the trip with this one. The best part of the trip and what made the trip worth while was......Their P.A. Guy. He was FANTASTIC!!! Very entertaining and I was amazed at how well and fast he called out the CORRECT number and player of the individuals involved. I wish we could hire this guy for Ooltewah.

Congrats Boski, you all were great hosts tonight. You have a good team and #88 is awesome. My only question for you is.... where were all of the Maplewood supporters? This is a team that palyed in the state championship last year and was playing a highly ranked team. I was disappointed in the lack of community support for your program. Thank goodness they have you and the PA guy along with the Brown's on the chains and Mr. Smith with the down marker (only your PA man would recognize hard working people. Bless him.). I would love to have you all as a regular season game.

What? !!!!are you saying we lost because Brady Reed threw bullet passes,but our recvrs missed them,because of bad lighting? Everybody there knows why we lost,PERIOD!! The only good thing about any of it was our defense did not give up a TD,for the 4th straight game.They played thier HEARTS OUTS!!!they were on the feild almost the entire game,because our offense was HORRIBLE!!!!,our punting wasn't very good,our punt returning was HORRIBLE!!! Maplewood gave us several GIFTS from GOD(all those turnovers)and what did we do with them....3 and OUT!!! TOP to Bottom,the Ooltewah owls were not ready mentally for this game,for whatever reason.Maplewood did nothing fancy and won.We looked awful!!! I've got to go apologize to my grandmother for setting up her internet to watch this crap!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Well let me tell you how I saw the game...... I saw a very confused coach on the side lines that doesn't get the right plays called in... Also 95% of the good offense coordinators wear head sets.... He does not!!!!!!!! Coach Couch and others sit in the press box so they can have a better view of the game.... This would make communication a lot better for the owls.... This Loss was all on Coach Monroe. He calls the plays and 75% of the plays called were terrible.. Close to the end of the 3rd we ran three straight runs to the left... wow... both wide receivers never were covered...You can not tell the owls fans this was not his fault..... I AM SICK...Oh this has to be the best called game that I have ever seen........ In the fourth Maplewood ran 6-8 men in the box all night and we line up a wing T.... WOW.... We better fix this because if we as fans don't step up and voice our opinions we will lose 2 or 3 more games... We have more talent on the field then he knows what to do with... In ten years when these kids grow up they will look back and say if we had a good coach that calls better plays maybe we could of made a run at the state but No we had legendary Coach MONROE!!!!!

Well let me tell you how I saw the game...... I saw a very confused coach on the side lines that doesn't get the right plays called in... Also 95% of the good offense coordinators wear head sets.... He does not!!!!!!!! Coach Couch and others sit in the press box so they can have a better view of the game.... This would make communication a lot better for the owls.... This Loss was all on Coach Monroe. He calls the plays and 75% of the plays called were terrible.. Close to the end of the 3rd we ran three straight runs to the left... wow... both wide receivers never were covered...You can not tell the owls fans this was not his fault..... I AM SICK...Oh this has to be the best called game that I have ever seen........ In the fourth Maplewood ran 6-8 men in the box all night and we line up a wing T.... WOW.... We better fix this because if we as fans don't step up and voice our opinions we will lose 2 or 3 more games... We have more talent on the field then he knows what to do with... In ten years when these kids grow up they will look back and say if we had a good coach that calls better plays maybe we could of made a run at the state but No we had legendary Coach MONROE!!!!!

Hammer meet nail! This loss needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of Bennie Monroe! Ted Gatewood built this program and this guy is doing an excellent job of running it in the ground. Does Monroe actually think it makes him look smart by running the wing t one week, the spread the next, the I Formation the next? No wonder there is mass confusion on the field. It's not like we're playing with McCallie calibre talent if you get my drift.

Brady is becoming Monroe's scape goat and it's not right. This program needs a CHANGE! Let the coaches coach, MONROE!

Also kudos to Maplewood for providing an enjoyable atmosphere.....can't say much for the facilities.....but Ralph Thompson is a class act. I'm standing around before the game and the head coach comes up to me and talks for about 10 minutes and we talk about the guys that are being recruited from Maplewood, his time at UGA where he played, the UGA-Bama game etc. He is an absolute class act, doesn't take himself too serious, and is a heckubva motivator and coach. He's a guy that when his kids grow up, and they're working every day.....they will actually have fond memories about. Imagine that!

I am now a Maplewood fan and will be rooting for them the rest of the way.

Hammer meet nail! This loss needs to be put squarely on the shoulders of Bennie Monroe! Ted Gatewood built this program and this guy is doing an excellent job of running it in the ground. Does Monroe actually think it makes him look smart by running the wing t one week, the spread the next, the I Formation the next? No wonder there is mass confusion on the field. It's not like we're playing with McCallie calibre talent if you get my drift.

Brady is becoming Monroe's scape goat and it's not right. This program needs a CHANGE! Let the coaches coach, MONROE!

Thanks You for the comment.. I thought I would be the only one to tell the truth

Guys - you realize you're talking about Benny Monroe right? He may be a little ditzy outside of football... but when it comes down to friday nights, he knows what he's doing. But I do agree he called a horrible game last night. But that doesn't make up for the fact he doesn't have a QB... let's just be honest with ourselves here...

Ted has been out at head coach for awhile... he's not running the program into the ground - that's a ridiculous statement.. we went 13-1 two years ago.. the play calling was great then - but we also had a very, very good QB.

Reed is not the answer at QB - and I don't care who is calling plays... he still wouldn't cut it.

Guys - you realize you're talking about Benny Monroe right? He may be a little ditzy outside of football... but when it comes down to friday nights, he knows what he's doing. But I do agree he called a horrible game last night. But that doesn't make up for the fact he doesn't have a QB... let's just be honest with ourselves here...

Ted has been out at head coach for awhile... he's not running the program into the ground - that's a ridiculous statement.. we went 13-1 two years ago.. the play calling was great then - but we also had a very, very good QB.

Reed is not the answer at QB - and I don't care who is calling plays... he still wouldn't cut it.

What?! Let me predict the future for you. Bennie Monroe is going to ride off into the sunset once this junior class graduates. You notice how many sophomores are on our roster? Bennie Monroe does not care about the kids, he does not care about Ooltewah. Where does the man live?

I believe we have coaches on staff that ARE NOT being allowed to coach and certainly have no input on player personnel.

Bennie Monroe only wants to feed his selfish ego. Let's also remember his success was at the AA level. He also coached a lot of fone, upstanding citizens at Cleveland didn't he?

Let's call a spade a spade and lay off a 16 year old kid. This is high school football not the NFL. This is a message forum that should not be used to bash kids. Monroe is a grown man.....that acts like a child that should be held accountable.