Bearden vs. Halls

Knoxville21

Over on prep Xtra looks like Bearden has a balanced approach on Offense after 5 games.

Rushing yardage 814 Passing yardage 531.

Halls on the other hand is dominant to the rush. 1063 yards rushing 98 yards passing.

I think it will come down to which Defense is dominant Friday.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over on prep Xtra looks like Bearden has a balanced approach on Offense after 5 games.

Rushing yardage 814 Passing yardage 531.

Halls on the other hand is dominant to the rush. 1063 yards rushing 98 yards passing.

I think it will come down to which Defense is dominant Friday.

I agree. Bearden has not faced the Wing-T this year. Every team that they have faced so par this year run a Utah spread offense with the QB in the shotgun. Halls will force Bearden to play assignment football on defense. It could go from a defensive struggle to an offensive shootout.

Farragut and DB forced Bearden out of their typical balanced attack. Potter threw 5 int to Admiral defenders.

Unless I am missing something, Halls seems to have a lot of issues with health, injuries, not playing to potiental, playing at Bearden and being one dimensional with the run, this game will not be too close. I do not know this to be true about Halls, but, from reading this thread, it does not look too good.

I hear more bad news:

Here's a list of our starters out for Friday (Not counting Zabouski & Babcock - out for year)

#3 - Gibson (CB/RB) - mono

#32 - Hodge (MLB) - Torn MCL

#45 - Cottrell (TE/OLB) - mono

#62 - Leonard (OG/DE) - mono

#72 - Bolden (DT) - mono

Plus several backups.

In summary - 2 starting DL, 2 starting LB's, and a starting CB. OOUCH!!

Interseting stat : someone told me our leading rusher (#6) has less than 10 yards TOTAL rushing in the fourth quarter (all games combined). Another Oouch.

I hear more bad news:

Here's a list of our starters out for Friday (Not counting Zabouski & Babcock - out for year)

#3 - Gibson (CB/RB) - mono

#32 - Hodge (MLB) - Torn MCL

#45 - Cottrell (TE/OLB) - mono

#62 - Leonard (OG/DE) - mono

#72 - Bolden (DT) - mono

Plus several backups.

In summary - 2 starting DL, 2 starting LB's, and a starting CB. OOUCH!!

Interseting stat : someone told me our leading rusher (#6) has less than 10 yards TOTAL rushing in the fourth quarter (all games combined). Another Oouch.

This is absolutely devastating. We are a 90 to 95% run team and we lose our best offensive lineman. Will Caleb be back next week how long does mono run its course? I use to hear you couldn't have physical contact for weeks something about the spleen is that correct? This could be absolutely terrible news. Not only Caleb but Daniel Hodge 42 tackles between them on defense. Gibson who I rate higher than the coaching staff does. Dorian and Micah who are important playing both ways. The scary part is if it's running thru the team whos got it that doesn't even realise they have it.

Infectious mononucleosis is generally self-limiting and only symptomatic and/or supportive treatments are used.[4] Rest is recommended during the acute phase of the infection, but activity should be resumed once acute symptoms have resolved. Nevertheless heavy physical activity and contact sports should be avoided to abrogate the risk of splenic rupture, for at least one month following initial infection and until splenomegaly has resolved, as determined by ultrasound scan.[4]

Found this on Wikipedia. What is Halls going to do for the rest of the season? This is unbelievable.

Great news for Big Ben.

Could Ironman be wrong about the others and it's some other kind of crud going around?

Ben didn't have it, but he tested positive for one test and negative for two more which either means he had a virus that fooled the jiffy pop test or he was already recovering when he took the blood tests. A player can be restricted for UP TO four weeks, but according to how much rest a person gets they may be able to come back sooner. Bolden and Cottrell may have had it at least a week which means mabey two weeks or even a week out, but if Leonard just got it depending on if he rests he is out for at least two