Seriously, who has some of the best fields???

Guest batterup

AnswerKing is right on target. If you've never seen it,

walked on it, or played on it.......it's better or as good

as most college surfaces. They just added elevated stadium seating on both sides of the Press Box/Concession Building......not a bad seat in the house or a "bad hop"

on the field. Rarely will BGA players fortunate enough to play college ball find a facility similar, however they know

how much work and care that it takes to maintain it.

Posted by answerking:

BGA's field is awesome...possibly the best playing surface I have been on...and I havebeen on the best all over TN...including college and pro. Needs a better stadium, but for pure play...its great...and I am in public education, so its hard to give a private a compliment...but I have to give them credit...great field.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by centerfieldputmeincoach:

Loretto? You have got to be kidding me. The field in Loretto don't even rate as the best in this area or maybe even in Lawrence County. Columbia has a far better field than Loretto as does Marshall County, CA, Giles County, and many others.

I don't know what field you were looking at but Loretto's field is top notch. One of the best if not the best in our district. Our field (Lewis Co) will improve with time and a new coach.

Guest batterup

oh, no, sorry country boy but someone seems to think that if the city takes care of your field you can't say that you have a nice field... i personally think that is stupid, cause i'm sure that the players and coaches also help out to keep the field nice... but sorry some people (ENE) say that it doesn't count. :)

Sorry guys, but the field at BGA is easily the best in the Middle Tennessee area. The baseball coach is the full time turf manager for all fields at the school. The stadium is small, but the playing surface is as good as Vandy's new one.

Christian Brothers in Memphis has the best field I have seen in West Tennessee.

Please disregard any future posts by ENE. Here is a brief history of ENE:

1. Does not know to use 3-in-1 oil on knee braces.

2. Never has the correct chain saw blade sharpener or oil.

3. Cannot name more than three action figures.

4. Still uses old Dodge to drag field.

5. Thinks "Pete the Pencil Pirate" is the mascot of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

6. Confuses "Bad Eye" with Danny Fox.

7. Forgets "He could always hit."

I AM NOT TAKING ANTYHING AWAY. I AM SAYING THAT PERHAPS THERE SHOULD BE TWO "CLASSES" OF FIELDS - THOSE THAT ARE STRICTLY SCHOOL FIELDS KEPT UP BY ONLY COACHES AND PLAYERS, AND A THOSE FIELDS THAT ARE CITY BASED. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW NICE THE LHS FIELD IS, OR WHO WORKS ON IT. BOTTOM LINE, THE CITY HELPS TO KEEP IT UP. ALOT OF SCHOOL FIELDS COULD BE NICER IF THERE WAS MONEY AND MANPOWER TO PUT INTO THEM. COACHING AT A SCHOOL LIKE LHS IS A GOOD SITUATION, BECAUSE THE FIELD DOES NOT HAVE TO TAKE PROIORITY OVER THINGS LIKE PRACTICE TIME. ALSO, I HAVENT SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE TOWARDS THE DEVILS AT ALL. I SIMPLY STATED WHAT THE FIELD WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR, AND THAT IT IS UNFAIR TO COMPARE FIELDS. THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY FIELDS OUT THERE.

I DISAGREE WITH YOU E-5. I BELIEVE I WAS THE ONE WHO LANDED THAT DEAL WITH POULAN AND VALVOLINE. I WILL GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR THE ACTION FIGURES, BUT I ABSO- GAWL -DURN -LUTELY KNOW WHAT KIND OF OIL TO USE. PS - HOW MANY TIMES DID THE FRESHMEN HIT AND RUN PER GAME? GOT ANY EXTRY GREEN BAGS? BY THE WAY, FOUND ME A NEW THUMB SALVE.

Come on ENE! Who invented the need for thumb sauce? I did! Who came up with the self-sharpening chain saw? I did! Who invented the Lenox-Hill Derotation Bracechain Saw Oil? I did! The only thing you have invented was Pete The Pencil Pirate, Bad Eye, The Pinch Hitter who blew out all joints from the ankle to hip, and wrote the book "Why You Always Take a Change of Clothes To The Ballpark." I remember the night well at the district tournament game in Lebanon.

So give a man some props. I aint nothing for my wife Sharn Gene to dent the side of your new car.

E-mail me sometime. @@@@ attack!