Is Siegel really as good as Oakland?

MMNJLDM2007

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Siegel is 3-1 and all, but look at their opponents in the past weeks. Sure they beat Riverdale, but this obviously wasn't hte riverdale of the past. Give me your comments, I wanna know what you think, because I can be kind of biased toward Oakland.

I haven't seen either play but 2 very reliable sources have told me that Siegel DOES have some players - FB/LB is said to be solid - QB was said to have the best arm in the county - and Mark Gooch is a freak ( 8 TDs ) DB/WR - I have not heard as specifically about Oakland but do not doubt that they are as good as their record indicates - I'd love to see them play but my kid is at Blackman

good question!

Let's look at it Oakland has beaten 1 team easily (Lavergne); another team OK (FC) and then 3 tight games with River, CC, WC............they are in driver seat!

siegel and Oakland have had 2 common opponents River and WC..............both games about the same.................. tight.

So, to answer your question....................YES, it should be a good match-up!

Rest of the story.............

First Region 4-5A is somewhat down this year; therefore there may not be a dime worth of diffrence between Oakland, siegel, Riverdale, WC, Smyrna, Lebanon and maybe even Blackman...........this thing could get a bit crazy before it is over. And the play-offs might even be crazier!

good post!

I know Siegel is 3-1 and all, but look at their opponents in the past weeks. Sure they beat Riverdale, but this obviously wasn't hte riverdale of the past. Give me your comments, I wanna know what you think, because I can be kind of biased toward Oakland.

We have lost to both these teams, but in my opinion Oakland is better. This is not to take anything away from siegel because they are having a wonderful season and deserve to. They have struggled for a while now, but things are changing. ( I was with WC during our 0 - 24 run so I know about struggles) I just think Oakland has a better line and more depth. WC had problems stopping Oakland in the 4TH quarter last week because Oakland s line were fresh.

siegel has some playmakers but as a whole Oakland has the complete package.

Staley Haynes and Marc Gooch are the real deal so don't count them out.

I could not be happier the way Region 4 is panning out. I hear great things about Oakland, but as a first hand spectator of the stars you cant count them out ever. This team has more fight then any team I have seen at this level since the Robby Knight Oakland team. The Stars have playmakers that step up when they need to. In my opinion we have the best passing QB in the county and by far the best WR in the county. Also a fantastic DB and return man. Marc Gooch is the best playmaker in the county hands down. Only week 9 will tell which team is really the best. But I definately see both these teams finishing 1 and 2 in the region. Its an exciting season for both Oakland and Siegel fans. Oakland has been waiting to return to greatness like this for a long time, and us Siegel fans have been waiting for a season like this since the school has opened. Both teams keep it up. Take it one game at a time though dont think about week 9. Though it would be cool if OHS is undefeated and Siegel is 7-1 going into week 9. KEEP IT UP. Congratulations EAST Murfreesboro on a great first few weeks.

Staley Haynes, Joe Ward, Deonte Cruse all go both ways as well and Id feel bad if I didnt throw there names out there. all 3 amazing senior players.

Siegel is 4-1 thank you.

Riverdale is not what they have been but Siegel got probably Riverdale's best game of the year... No fumbles and only one late int turnover. I have the feeling that Riverdale is getting the message that they are backed into a corner and will be a handful for the rest of the region this season.

Oakland recovered 4 Riverdale turnovers in the win that ended the streak. Credit to the Pat's defense but Riverdale has been turnover prone until last Friday night.

Oakland so far has the best D and Siegel the best O, defense wins championships so we will see. Unless one or both of the teams starts looking ahead like Siegel did against Centennial.....

It was just the pure fact we went in there underestimating them.Centenial is a very good team with A LOT of speed, I wouldnt underestimate them.I personally think its funny that the 2 teams that were picked low in the region are now on top. Both teams have to go into every game like its there First no thinking we're 5-0 or 4-1 ect..But I would say that we're pretty much even. Seeing just little film on Oakland and what I have seen they have done very good. But I also dont understand why people still underestimate us..Like i've heard alof of people say that we only beat smyrna because they didnt have Sonny and Wilks and we only beat the Dale because they dont have there massive line. Why can people still not give us credit? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="