Best High School Football Venue in the State?

DieHardVol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about DB. I have seen some other nice stadiums that just can't get a crowd out like DB can. From my experience, DB has the largest crowds week in and week out.

DB definitely. I've played on that field, and I've sat in the stands. The stadium is very nice IMO, and the field, well it's perfect. I also like the Stone Castle. Once again, on the field and in the stands. The stands aren't that great, but I like the uniqueness of the Castle and the atmosphere is always crazy. Now, this one isn't the best stadium, or even close, but I like how Campbell County's stadium overlooks their school. It sits up on the hill and above everything. I compare it Mile High in Denver. It is a fun place to play, and a unique facility.

I have been mostly to the DII facilities and MUS is first rate. They have field turf now so they will not be any more mud bowl games like MBA and MUS played in the 04 playoffs. At McCallie the visitors sit on the east side looking west over the school and get to watch the sun set behind Lookout Mtn. That is a great setting and so is Baylor. MBA has a great atmosphere, and we have field turf as well.

The most disappointing venue in my opinion in Brentwood Academy. For a program that has had the success their program has the stadium is awfull. They only have stands on one side of the field, so it is really crowded, and the goalposts are those stumpy looking things that could be used for flag football. The uprights can't be more then 6-10 feet tall.

Why you wanna be hatin red dad. Its one of the best teams money can buy in a division of money can buy teams.

Oh wait, you were hammering the stadium. I agree what a heap. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Very expensive dirt under it! And the water always taste good.

Hamma Out /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest longhorns51

I would agree with you on Tennessee High having a unique stadium, but that is it. It is definitely not nice, it is pretty run down if you ask me. Out of all the stadiums I have been to in Northeast, Tn not one has been as nice to some of the ones I visited while living in South Carolina.

If I had to choose for best Friday night atmosphere would have to be Dobyns Bennett.

The nicest overall would have to be Morristown East/West.

I will agree South Carolina has some nice stadiums. Like Dorman or RNE and even Lexington is ok. But SC dont fill their stadiums, and ever time i have went to a game there nobody watches the game, all they do is talk and walk around. There is no cheering, its just not the same experience as in TN or SWVA.

Guest longhorns51

The Stone Castle at Tennesse High in Bristol is a great venue.

Cannot agree with D-B. True, they always have a big crowd (who else has a 500 person band), but general admission seating is very limited on the home side and the visitor stands are terrible.

I agree with everything with DB. But the stone castle is just sad. Yes it is nice to look at but you sit on a rock. Enough said.

Based on that pic of Tennessee High, I would probably put up there as one of the best. Now if you are from or near schools in the Sequatchie Valley, you know Sequatchie County has one of the best stadiums around, especially for a small school. It has plenty of seating, its clean, and the field is one of the best I have seen. One team we played against, which I will not name, had one of the worst I had ever seen. There was so little seating on the home side that people were bringing lawn chairs to sit in, which probably made up half the seating. The field looked absolutely horrible and it didn't look very well cared for. When I compared their stadium to Sequatchie's, Sequatchie's venue looked like a palace.

I agree with everything with DB. But the stone castle is just sad. Yes it is nice to look at but you sit on a rock. Enough said.

Johnson County fans CAN NOT talk about bad seating. At JC there is one side for seating and its all made of of cracking concrete. You cant even call JC's facilty a stadium...its a backyard with concrete stairs...

Having really only been to stadiums in Northeast Tennessee, and the Knoxville area there is none that really compare to the setting of the Stone Castle. It is just plain cool. Yes it needs to be renovated, but cool none the less. Did there used to be cannons in those towers? D-B's J. Fred Johnson drips with tradition. My dad was a D-B fan and I remember we would stand at the endzone with the scoreboard to watch the games and I can remember seeing that big Indian head painted above the gate. Yes the visitor side seating is horrible but what can they do? Someone that is ten times smarter than me would have to figure that one out. I have never seen a high school football game with as many people as I did at the D-B vs. South beatdown in '06. I would estimate 13,000 people easily at that game. Even the baseball stands were full. I personally think Sullivan South has a very nice facility. Death Valley has great sight lines and one of the largest home and visitor sides I have seen, not to mention a very nice field. Yes I am a homer, but I like it. Morristown was nice, but truthfully the Stone Castle is one of a kind.

There were rumors here a few years back of Polyloom donating some turf. I don't know what ever happened to that idea. First and foremost, we need a track because ours look awful. I'd love to see what it would look like fixed up. Rhea Co do you know the capacity? Now that I come to think about it, it's one of the biggest high school stadiums I've been to. I'd like to see a team like Maryville who can really pack out the away side come down the road to play us.

Yes that is what polyloom now known as TenCate said. The only thing that the team would have to do is raise the money. The school however wanted to do the track and field at the same time. I havn't heard anything recent on the track or the field. However there is a loan that the school system is trying to get that will pay for all of it. That includes track, the field, any repaires need, along with fixing up the tennis courts at the high school and any other school sports facility around the county. I forget what the name of the loan is, but it was in the paper a couple of weeks back. I got my fingers crossed that we get it. We need a new track in a bad way, and the field would be a great addition. They did add a new souvenir stand on top of the hill or at least that is what I think it is.

As for capacity I don't know, but it is probably close to 9,000 to 10,000, maybe even a little higher, and that is just in the stands. There is plenty of standing room and grass hillside seats too. Infact I have yet to see a bigger high school stadium in Tennessee. I would love to see Eagle Stadium at capacity.