Best High School Football Venue in the State?

DieHardVol

MUS, hands down. That is one first-rate facility.

I have been mostly to the DII facilities and MUS is first rate. They have field turf now so they will not be any more mud bowl games like MBA and MUS played in the 04 playoffs. At McCallie the visitors sit on the east side looking west over the school and get to watch the sun set behind Lookout Mtn. That is a great setting and so is Baylor. MBA has a great atmosphere, and we have field turf as well.

The most disappointing venue in my opinion in Brentwood Academy. For a program that has had the success their program has the stadium is awfull. They only have stands on one side of the field, so it is really crowded, and the goalposts are those stumpy looking things that could be used for flag football. The uprights can't be more then 6-10 feet tall.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know that Eagles Stadium in Evensville isn't in the shape that it used to be, but it is still a great venue to watch some high school football. I believe it's one of the largest stadiums in the state as well.

There were rumors here a few years back of Polyloom donating some turf. I don't know what ever happened to that idea. First and foremost, we need a track because ours look awful. I'd love to see what it would look like fixed up. Rhea Co do you know the capacity? Now that I come to think about it, it's one of the biggest high school stadiums I've been to. I'd like to see a team like Maryville who can really pack out the away side come down the road to play us.

Bermuda grass can't grow when it's cold outside. The first frost usually makes it turn brown. It's really nice in August though.

That and having the girls soccer team playing on it doesnt help. But I think it is by far the most interesting and unique stadium in the state. For those who arent familiar with it, look it up. Its an awesome place.

That and having the girls soccer team playing on it doesnt help. But I think it is by far the most interesting and unique stadium in the state. For those who arent familiar with it, look it up. Its an awesome place.

I've seen photos of D-B's stadium (and it is a good looking venue). I've been to Tennessee High...yes, it's rundown, but it is unique; however, I will have to vote for MUS. It's not just concrete and aluminum bleachers. It was designed by an architect and its architecture is consistent with the rest of the structures on MUS's campus. It has a great lighting system. It's very impressive and their Polyturf field is icing on the cake. But, Louisville Trinity's new stadium trumps MUS's (I know it's Kentucky, but I couldn't resist.) I've heard from a Nashville architect that MBA is planning a new stadium and if I were at MBA (with its money) I would commission an architect to design something like Trinity's (bricked stadium, brick fence all the way around, skyboxes for the MBA alumni who are members of the Forbes 400, and Jumbotron).

Eagull if both teems taik care of bidness....Then Mairvul wood haiv two travull in round 3...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That sure would be better than making that drive up to Renfro Field again. It's been many a year since we've seen week three of the playoffs though, but I'll keep my hopes up!

henry county may not be the biggest or the nicest, but there is no other stadium or team that has the fan support. I do believe it just might be the loudest as well. I do remember hearing last year that maplewood used car horns and the pa system to simulate the noise they would face. so i think henry county is one of the best in the state at this....not saying there the best but pretty close.