Latest AP Poll for Class 1A

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Union City still is not ranked after beating a 6th(i think) ranked McKenzie. Reminds me of 05 when Lake County was third in the region after week 10 and ranked but UC and McKenzie were no where to we found. UC then stomps JCS and Jo Byrns #4 and 2 respectively then gets demolished by #1 TC.

Atleast the system is not like D1 college and have an effect on the post season.

I love how Union City still is not ranked after beating a 6th(i think) ranked McKenzie. Reminds me of 05 when Lake County was third in the region after week 10 and ranked but UC and McKenzie were no where to we found. UC then stomps JCS and Jo Byrns #4 and 2 respectively then gets demolished by #1 TC.

Atleast the system is not like D1 college and have an effect on the post season.

It is odd that McKenzie is ranked and UC isn't. The polsters must think Mckenzie just had a bad game or something.

Class A

Record Pts Prv

1. South Pittsburg (15) 4-0 195 1

2. Trousdale County (4) 5-0 183 2

3. Jo Byrns (1) 4-0 158 3

4. Friendship Christian 4-0 121 4

5. Oneida (1) 5-0 116 6

6. Grace Christian 4-0 94 7

7. Cosby 5-0 83 8

8. Forrest 4-0 62 9

9. McKenzie 3-1 33 5

10. Collinwood 4-0 27

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Cascade 24. 12, Union City 17. 13, South Fulton 12.

Quite impressive Region 5 has 3 teams in the top 11. I think maybe one of them drops out after Friday and maybe two of them. Doesn't Jo Byrns play Forrest? Cascade will have all they want from MTCS. They may come out on the wrong end of that one.

Quite impressive Region 5 has 3 teams in the top 11. I think maybe one of them drops out after Friday and maybe two of them. Doesn't Jo Byrns play Forrest? Cascade will have all they want from MTCS. They may come out on the wrong end of that one.

These polls really mean nothing other than a topic for conversation, so whether region 5 has three teams or none is irelevant at this point of the season. Jo Byrns does indeed play Forrest, but I doubt they'd drop all the way out of the poll with a loss. Media darlings you know.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> .. Forrest definitely would drop from poll because their schedule to date has been extremely weak. You are not in the minority in thinking MTCS will win our game. So do most other folks outside of Bedford County.

These polls really mean nothing other than a topic for conversation, so whether region 5 has three teams or none is irelevant at this point of the season. Jo Byrns does indeed play Forrest, but I doubt they'd drop all the way out of the poll with a loss. Media darlings you know.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> .. Forrest definitely would drop from poll because their schedule to date has been extremely weak. You are not in the minority in thinking MTCS will win our game. So do most other folks outside of Bedford County.

You have got to be kidding me, /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> us media darlings we barely get an article in our local paper much less get the title of media darling. 11, I think that Mac is right that hat is too tight on your head. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Media darlings!!!!! the very idea. You are starting to get on my bad side.

You have got to be kidding me, /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> us media darlings we barely get an article in our local paper much less get the title of media darling. 11, I think that Mac is right that hat is too tight on your head. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Media darlings!!!!! the very idea. You are starting to get on my bad side.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You??™re ***FEMALE***........It was bound to happen sooner or later........My family has a long rich heritage of getting on the bad side of women.. Not that we are male chauvinist or anything.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Jo Byrns has been the media darling in the past but MTCS is now. They have a huge write up in the Tennessean EVERY Sunday. Someone from that school must own part of the paper... or the whole thing. Never before has a 1A school gotten so much attention.

I just never have seen that we have gotten that much press from the Tennessean. I usually do at least read the sports.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You??™re ***FEMALE***........It was bound to happen sooner or later........My family has a long rich heritage of getting on the bad side of women.. Not that we are male chauvinist or anything.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You crack me up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You have had several chauvinistic comments on the boards today that in the interest of Coach T harmony I have chosen to ignore. You know that if you would just remember the old saying that the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world, you might just have an easier life. Just saying /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />