Has Claiborne High ever beaten a team with a winning record?

cgpf22

Wait a sec did you just say Oneida doesnt have a great history? Im not an Oneida fan or even a scott co. fan Im based in Knoxville, but everyone in east TN knows that Oneida has a rich tradition & appear to be getting back to where they use to be. Has Claiborn ever played for a state championship? Oneida owns one.

You think Fulton is weak because of their record? Ignorance is bliss my friend.

Scott County would be in the play-offs in your region. They might even win the region championship.

Oh & so what if you beat Oneida in a scrimmage. Maryville loses scrimmages, but yet they never lose in the regular season. Why is that? Because scrimmages dont count, they are for practice, coaches are trying things & players that they might not use on a Friday night. Have you noticed that every team that has losing records always dwells on the preseason scrimmages that they won? There is no winner in a scrimmage. I guess Claiborne won the preseason state championship.

I am not putting down Claiborne I just cant stand to see someone that doesnt know anything run their mouth.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a sec did you just say Oneida doesnt have a great history? Im not an Oneida fan or even a scott co. fan Im based in Knoxville, but everyone in east TN knows that Oneida has a rich tradition & appear to be getting back to where they use to be. Has Claiborn ever played for a state championship? Oneida owns one.

You think Fulton is weak because of their record? Ignorance is bliss my friend.

Scott County would be in the play-offs in your region. They might even win the region championship.

Oh & so what if you beat Oneida in a scrimmage. Maryville loses scrimmages, but yet they never lose in the regular season. Why is that? Because scrimmages dont count, they are for practice, coaches are trying things & players that they might not use on a Friday night. Have you noticed that every team that has losing records always dwells on the preseason scrimmages that they won? There is no winner in a scrimmage. I guess Claiborne won the preseason state championship.

I am not putting down Claiborne I just cant stand to see someone that doesnt know anything run their mouth.

Well said my friend. I knew this thread was going to blow up into this eventually.

Well if your a Coach you a very high class man!

Well why dont you look at the truth of the teams you support then?

quit looking at Claiborne and worry about the teams that you have a lot of work to do on!

Bottom line is that Claiborne County is a smash mouth football team ! HANDS DOWN!!

o and if your a coach good luck in you coaching career and going over .500!

Claiborne is going to prove some teams this year and they almost beat Carter this year and are picked to do some things against Seymour and in the playoffs! OK and if also your a coach you would relize that the 1A in front of midway means nothing at all ! and ONEIDA!! we killed them last year 35-3 in a preseason scrimmage! another team you support who again doesnt have a great history! And Claiborne has improved alot in 3A!

I was going to give this a rest, but I think we can both admit it is a bit childish! However if I think I understood you correctly, you said Oneida has no history? I am assuming you actually did not mean to spout that off? It was one of those greasy words that just sort of came out. Oneida, sir has won a state title in football. How close has Claiborne ever came to that?

As far as me being a high class guy. Well like I said I admit we are both border-line childish on this, so i will give you that one, but you guys so some things that astonish me.

WOW, i love this. No class from the tazewell faithful and their beloved preseason wins. If your from around the county then you know that this is how it always has been. Their mediocre football team and halfway decent everything else. They can talk a good game, but when the stats are thrown at them the names start flying and they get upset. So anyone who has taken the name calling and ignorance personal please dont. Its hard to admit it when your team is horrible but sooner or later sumthins gotta give even with the fans. CG has a region championship under their belt in their first five years in the new school....wheres chs's? By the way, the coaches u let go were the ones that couldnt win big games, but they got that championship didnt they?

And i might as well respond to the soon oncoming argument of CG has only won one playoff game. True, wheres that playoff win for chs? You can gripe about the region pairings and how CG wouldnt stand a chance in claibornes region, but thats stupid because its never gonna change and we'll never find out. Sounds to me like claiborne has region envy.

So tonight is the big game for these two teams, we know the statistics and the past between them. Even if claiborne wins it only looks good on paper and really means nothing except that you won the county championship. Get that region and maybe we'll let you set at the table with CG. Hope these coaches that cant win big games can keep this NFL calibred chs team in manageable position, and responding to the original thread, its hilarious that chs has never beat a team with a winning record. Good job mighty bulldogs!

GO PANTHERS!!

WOW, i love this. No class from the tazewell faithful and their beloved preseason wins. If your from around the county then you know that this is how it always has been. Their mediocre football team and halfway decent everything else. They can talk a good game, but when the stats are thrown at them the names start flying and they get upset. So anyone who has taken the name calling and ignorance personal please dont. Its hard to admit it when your team is horrible but sooner or later sumthins gotta give even with the fans. CG has a region championship under their belt in their first five years in the new school....wheres chs's? By the way, the coaches u let go were the ones that couldnt win big games, but they got that championship didnt they?

And i might as well respond to the soon oncoming argument of CG has only won one playoff game. True, wheres that playoff win for chs? You can gripe about the region pairings and how CG wouldnt stand a chance in claibornes region, but thats stupid because its never gonna change and we'll never find out. Sounds to me like claiborne has region envy.

So tonight is the big game for these two teams, we know the statistics and the past between them. Even if claiborne wins it only looks good on paper and really means nothing except that you won the county championship. Get that region and maybe we'll let you set at the table with CG. Hope these coaches that cant win big games can keep this NFL calibred chs team in manageable position, and responding to the original thread, its hilarious that chs has never beat a team with a winning record. Good job mighty bulldogs!

GO PANTHERS!!

While I'm glad that you support your (our) school, you are doing it an injustice by continuing to flap your jaw about CHS. Let it go and let the kids play it out on the field tonight. Thank you.

Thank you coach 1076. it is nice to see someone else can see what I have been trying to convey! While the original post, was has Claiborne ever beat a team with a winning record.....answer is NO! When I in black and white showed their faithful that the CG person who started the post was correct in assuming this. But instead all of their highly intelligent fans got mad when presented with the evidence, and resorted to name calling. Like I said from the beginning.....The truth hurts at times. So instead of getting angry when someome provides evidence to what we all already know, try admitting that you have never beat a team with a winning record.

I am glad coach 1076 brought up the Fulton comment! It is plain to see Christfanatic and bobcatsstatechamp really know very, very little about the broad scope of East TN football. Fulton will close strong and probably make the playoffs. Even if they are a 4 seed they would beat any team in the Claiborne region.

It really baffles me that the Claiborne folks get at odds over this. But as someone else pointed out they rely on all the preseason scrimmages to talk about how good they are. Once again do I need to point out the Midway game.

things have got quite from the Claiborne faithful, could it be they realize we are not talking about about the Bulldogs, but merely stating.....THE FACTS

DUDE again come turn Claiborne around then!

Your horrible man!

You have nothing to do with Claiborne and we have nothing to do with you! so focus on your teams!

Ill say hello in the playoffs!!!!

I hope to say hello in the playoffs! If Claiborne is fortunate enough to get in, their first round game will again be an embarrassment! I personally don't see them getting in, but I may be wrong about that.

I have yet to hear you say much about the CG game? You are right I do have nothing to do with Claiborne, but it is not just me that is calling you guys out for you comments! Read the other posts?

I wonder if anyone in this topic knows that Oneida wasn't beat 35-3 by anyone in 2 or 3 years... let alone a pre-season scrimmage. Not that they haven't been beaten or blown out, but they've never kicked a field goal sense i started watching them, not pre-season... In fact, I think Oneida won all their pre season scrimmages the last two years? someone please correct me if im wrong and i'll ask one of the coaches.

I wonder if anyone in this topic knows that Oneida wasn't beat 35-3 by anyone in 2 or 3 years... let alone a pre-season scrimmage. Not that they haven't been beaten or blown out, but they've never kicked a field goal sense i started watching them, not pre-season... In fact, I think Oneida won all their pre season scrimmages the last two years? someone please correct me if im wrong and i'll ask one of the coaches.

Yes, believe me I know! The football "gods" from Claiborne may need to be reminded of this. These people are insane! After you prove to them with facts, instead of admitting you are right and going on about their business they start calling you names! I can honestly say that I hope most of their fans are not like the two that have responded to my comments. It is usually the case when one, or in this case two bad apples spoil the whole barrel.

The two guys here try to act and sound intelligent, but it doesn't take long to realize that this is two "bush league" type people. Not only have they said Oneida has no tradition, they also commented that Fulton was terrible, yes, I said terrible.

They have also been silent since the CG game!

• 4 weeks later...

DUDE again come turn Claiborne around then!

Your horrible man!

You have nothing to do with Claiborne and we have nothing to do with you! so focus on your teams!

Ill say hello in the playoffs!!!!

I have been waiting a few weeks for this one. But just to remind you, Claiborne will not be in the playoffs! I have not heard much of you or you other Claiborne loud mouth since the Cumberland Gap game. What is funny to me is Gibbs will be in the playoffs. Scott beat Gibbs by 30 and it was their worse game of the season. My freind your might Bulldogs would not have made the playoffs in 2-1A.