District 11A

thenomad

as i pointed out earlier in the week antwane gaurded #1 and locked him down. huntland had 19 points through 3 quarters i think culleoka's defense just killed the huntland gaurds with the press. Culleoka will win the district and won't come within 15 points of losing a game inside the district all year atwane will be the mvp of the district also!!!!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i pointed out earlier in the week antwane gaurded #1 and locked him down. huntland had 19 points through 3 quarters i think culleoka's defense just killed the huntland gaurds with the press. Culleoka will win the district and won't come within 15 points of losing a game inside the district all year atwane will be the mvp of the district also!!!!

15 points? That is a very bold statement. Doubt that it holds up throughout the season. How'd they do tonight?

CA won 53-48. Again, they couldn't put the game away. Cornersvile really played well during the fourth qtr. They could've given up but they kept trying and even tied the game. Whoever C'ville's post player is, really shut down CA's inside game and made them take outside shots(which were luckily falling tonight unlike earlier in the year.) C'ville made a lot of turnovers throughout the game and kept trying full court passes for some reason. CA proved that they can find a way to win. It was a pretty good game but could've turned bad if CA would learn how to put teams away.

CA don't put teams away due to the way they play. Even when they are up by 10 points which they were against Cornersville at one time in the 4th quarther tonight they continue to play like they are 20 points behind. They need to take better care of the basketball. Shot selection is a must, making smart passes is a must, playing under control is a must, etc. A few of the guards are so out of control at times. I really think a few of the players still need to learn their role on the team. Too many players trying to do too many things. CA needs to find the go to guy... I think Whiteside and Williams could be that but the problem is all the players want to be the go to guy. Just my opinion I guess. A win is a win and being 2-0 in the district is big right now for them.

Good job CA!

15 points? That is a very bold statement. Doubt that it holds up throughout the season. How'd they do tonight?

CA won 53-48. Again, they couldn't put the game away. Cornersvile really played well during the fourth qtr. They could've given up but they kept trying and even tied the game. Whoever C'ville's post player is, really shut down CA's inside game and made them take outside shots(which were luckily falling tonight unlike earlier in the year.) C'ville made a lot of turnovers throughout the game and kept trying full court passes for some reason. CA proved that they can find a way to win. It was a pretty good game but could've turned bad if CA would learn how to put teams away.

Cully won 61-27. Huntland had 19 at the start of the 4th I think.

Cully won 61-27. Huntland had 19 at the start of the 4th I think.

cully will see alot better teams than huntland. i see huntland being a 4th or 5th place team behind cully,richland,ca,and santa fe. santa fe being the one that could be switched. CA played very well at times, and other times still very sloppy. they are getting better, the game against richland this friday will be a big one. i dont know much about richland at all, what the take on the CA vs. Richland matchup?

and i was super excited when number 45 for c'ville dunked on us. we dont get to see anyone dunk very often! and number 1 getting juked onto his butt by williams was also a highlight.

cully will see alot better teams than huntland. i see huntland being a 4th or 5th place team behind cully,richland,ca,and santa fe. santa fe being the one that could be switched. CA played very well at times, and other times still very sloppy. they are getting better, the game against richland this friday will be a big one. i dont know much about richland at all, what the take on the CA vs. Richland matchup?

and i was super excited when number 45 for c'ville dunked on us. we dont get to see anyone dunk very often! and number 1 getting juked onto his butt by williams was also a highlight.

Well, Huntland has beaten Cornersville 62-43 and Richland 49-46, so I wouldn't count them out because they lost to Cully.

there isn't a team that can keep culleoka from scoring inside and there length and quickness on defense will shut down any team in the district. Culleoka did pretty good still not there best game they turned the ball over a little bit chad isn't playing well right now and is taking shots that he shouldn't he also isn't a true point gaurd he has to relize that getting the ball inside will win them more games than shoting the ball from the outside all the time. Ryan Pilkington has become a good defensive player for them and has the length to guard any gaurd in the district and give them a lot of problems. I am glad to see CA play good what is there starting line up I know that one of there players was hurt.

there isn't a team that can keep culleoka from scoring inside and there length and quickness on defense will shut down any team in the district. Culleoka did pretty good still not there best game they turned the ball over a little bit chad isn't playing well right now and is taking shots that he shouldn't he also isn't a true point gaurd he has to relize that getting the ball inside will win them more games than shoting the ball from the outside all the time. Ryan Pilkington has become a good defensive player for them and has the length to guard any gaurd in the district and give them a lot of problems. I am glad to see CA play good what is there starting line up I know that one of there players was hurt.

they didnt play overly well. but they won, and thats what mattered. lineup is

Alex Rector

Jason King

Mathew Williams

Zach Whiteside

Kade Morgan

or thats what it was against Cornersville. Jason Easterday should be back on the court this friday again richland.

pilkinton has been on with his 3's lately. not sure i'd brag about his defense though.

chad was definitely off last nite. i'll give it to huntland, they never seemed to give up and quit.