District 11A

thenomad

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richland is at a pretty big advantage this year playing all of their home boys games at 6:00... They will be used to this by Christmas and other boys teams coming in will take atleast the first half to wake-up and realize that they should be playing. What kind of title 9 stuff is going on in that little town?

Richland is at a pretty big advantage this year playing all of their home boys games at 6:00... They will be used to this by Christmas and other boys teams coming in will take atleast the first half to wake-up and realize that they should be playing. What kind of title 9 stuff is going on in that little town?

why are they playing there boys games first? cornersville by 15 richland by 30 santa fe by 10!

why are they playing there boys games first? cornersville by 15 richland by 30 santa fe by 10!

Good question. Think it had something to do with some Title 9 suits they were trying to avoid. Supposedly someone raised some stink about the girls playing first every game.. So I've heard they will be playing boys games first this year, and girls games first next year.

CA beat Santa Fe in a pretty close game. CA was winning the whole game, but just couldn't ever pull away by more than 10 or so. Ended up winning by 4 or 6 or something around there. # 31 on Santa Fe(their best player) was shut down the whole game.

Saying that # 31 is the best player on Santa Fe is a reach. He can knock down open looks but really doesn't do anything else that great. The best player on Santa Fe is the Garrett kid. He proved that tonight. He kept Santa Fe in the game with the help of Thomason and White. # 31 needs to work to get open looks and quit arguing with his team. I will say he did play pretty good defense tonight.

The Whiteside kid for CA had a huge game with 29 points and several rebounds. I know in the 1st quarter he scored 9 of the first 11 points scored by CA. He worked for most of his shots all night either on the post or rebounds.

Overall this was a good game. Crowd was in the game. CA student section out shined the Santa Fe student section. Santa Fe student section is one of the worse I have ever seen. It is more of a social event for the students. They need to realize they could be a huge part of the game and make that gym a tougher place to play. The Santa Fe parents are a tough bunch.... they are on the ref's and other team all night.

Saying that # 31 is the best player on Santa Fe is a reach. He can knock down open looks but really doesn't do anything else that great. The best player on Santa Fe is the Garrett kid. He proved that tonight. He kept Santa Fe in the game with the help of Thomason and White. # 31 needs to work to get open looks and quit arguing with his team. I will say he did play pretty good defense tonight.

The Whiteside kid for CA had a huge game with 29 points and several rebounds. I know in the 1st quarter he scored 9 of the first 11 points scored by CA. He worked for most of his shots all night either on the post or rebounds.

Overall this was a good game. Crowd was in the game. CA student section out shined the Santa Fe student section. Santa Fe student section is one of the worse I have ever seen. It is more of a social event for the students. They need to release they could be a huge part of the game and make that gym a tougher place to play. The Santa Fe parents are a tough bunch.... they are on the ref's and other team all night.

Yea, Whiteside had a great game tonight. He has played exceptionally well all year so far. Averaging over 15 points a game so far. He has really stepped up when some of the other players have not played very well. He has been CA's most consistent player on an inconsistent team. And Santa Fe's student section was weak. They have about 3 times as many fans as CA, yet they sat down till the 4th quarter and through the first 3 qtrs. they would stand and sit every 10 seconds or so. CA's fan section was pretty good considering the number of fans they had tonight. And Santa Fe's parents were quite loud. The loudest I have seen so far this year. It was a good game by both teams.

If CA ever starts playing to their potential they'll be extremely tough to beat by anyone. i have not seen one game where anyone has played consistently at all with the exception of mr whiteside. Williams has had good games, but not to the callibur of what he did last year. Someone that has stepped up for them is the Morgan kid, plays great defense. Eventually this CA team will come together, and people better be ready.

I agree with you Monkey Wrench CA will be tough to beat in the long run. I think one of the biggest problems right now is they don't play as a team at all times. Some of the guards play as individuals and get out of control. Whiteside has been a beast and will continue. My only question with him is how he will handle playing against post players that are much bigger than him such as the Beach twins from Cully. I think Whiteside is a gamer and will contribute but will struggle with those types of defenders. All the guards will have to step up their play on nights that Whiteside is out matched. Williams does need to be more consistent. He will score in the teen??™s one game and low digits the next game. He usually draws the other teams best defender night in and night out but good players find a way to score. Williams needs to score for CA to win key games but he also does a lot of little things that don't show up in the paper. He takes care of the basketball and looks to feed the post more than the other guards. King needs to knock down open looks. He is a streaky shooter but when he gets hot he can burn teams from behind the 3 point line. Morgan has stepped his game up. He played very well against Santa Fe. CA will be ok down the stretch. They just need to keep working hard to get better each game.

Culleoka won by 2 aginst Hume Fogg without CJ Holt. Antwane is the best player in this district he showed that Tuesday. He had 19 points 7 or so rebounds 6 or 7 blocks aginst a good and athletic team. Ca suprised me by beating Santa Fe Huntland suprised me even more they will be impressive this year.