WILSON CENTRAL at BLACKMAN

AllAmerican10

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to take WC in this one. Both teams have really good LB's, but WC has the offense to go along with their defense.

Looks like Blackmans best opportunity to score may come sometime after the Prom.

9 points in four region games, not gonna do it.

Careerbuilder.com /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

as has been said on this and other threads...WC is a very good football team...they do have alot of speed...a good high school quarterback who can run and throw...# 52 is a MAN...and they have some serious junk in the trunk on offense...hats off to the wildcats...their coaching staff is good too...well coached...alot of excitement...great confidence...i'd beware if they are up on anyone's schedule

as for blackman...the bad news...their offense should be called the "the bad news blaze O"...so predictable...so un-systemized ...we need to change alot...to much to list...can it get any worse...NO...stubborn is the word i think off...fumble on first play blackman had the ball and WC recovers...interception on first play of second series...blocked punt on 3rd series...WC scores twice...game over...the punt teams blocking tecchniques need to be changed...every team has come at us...riverdale came so close to blocking 3 or 4...the bulldogs blocked one and nearly blocked another...and WC saw the weakness and came after it...and our punter is SO slow...so we don't block an we are slow getting the ball off...so yes...we made mistakes that hurt us...but our offensive problems are WAY BIGGER THAN OUR MISTAKES...WE ARE TERRIBLE...THE SCHEME AND CO-HERENT WORKINGS ARE TERRIBLE. take away the overton game (overton was terrible) and we have 4 offensive TD's in 5 games...and two shutouts...and 3 offensive points against a well coached but very young lavergn team...never seen worse at the 5A highschool level...two many good players and they don't get used

the defense continues to give us a chance to win...but they cannot be on the field for 36 minutes of a 48 minute game and get it done...this group plays hard...hats off to you guys

as has been said on this and other threads...WC is a very good football team...they do have alot of speed...a good high school quarterback who can run and throw...# 52 is a MAN...and they have some serious junk in the trunk on offense...hats off to the wildcats...their coaching staff is good too...well coached...alot of excitement...great confidence...i'd beware if they are up on anyone's schedule

as for blackman...the bad news...their offense should be called the "the bad news blaze O"...so predictable...so un-systemized ...we need to change alot...to much to list...can it get any worse...NO...stubborn is the word i think off...fumble on first play blackman had the ball and WC recovers...interception on first play of second series...blocked punt on 3rd series...WC scores twice...game over...the punt teams blocking tecchniques need to be changed...every team has come at us...riverdale came so close to blocking 3 or 4...the bulldogs blocked one and nearly blocked another...and WC saw the weakness and came after it...and our punter is SO slow...so we don't block an we are slow getting the ball off...so yes...we made mistakes that hurt us...but our offensive problems are WAY BIGGER THAN OUR MISTAKES...WE ARE TERRIBLE...THE SCHEME AND CO-HERENT WORKINGS ARE TERRIBLE. take away the overton game (overton was terrible) and we have 4 offensive TD's in 5 games...and two shutouts...and 3 offensive points against a well coached but very young lavergn team...never seen worse at the 5A highschool level...two many good players and they don't get used

the defense continues to give us a chance to win...but they cannot be on the field for 36 minutes of a 48 minute game and get it done...this group plays hard...hats off to you guys

This was and exciting game and should be something to build on for the Wildcats!

Yes the game for the blaze was not a great night but u cant just shoot them down and blame a player ect.

the reason the punt was blocked was because of the blocking and the formation. That formation is made for the college level and if you dont have a great snapper that can get it back there far and quick then its gonna get blocked but u still must have blocking.

The offence was very predictable as well. most of there plays in the first half were stopped behing the line of scrimmage. I would have to say " Hats off to the Wilson Central Defence and Defensive Coach" he and his players did a great job at studying the plays and formations!

Congrats to the Wildcats and the Blaze!

Keep it going Central and take it into next week!

This was and exciting game and should be something to build on for the Wildcats!

Yes the game for the blaze was not a great night but u cant just shoot them down and blame a player ect.

the reason the punt was blocked was because of the blocking and the formation. That formation is made for the college level and if you dont have a great snapper that can get it back there far and quick then its gonna get blocked but u still must have blocking.

The offence was very predictable as well. most of there plays in the first half were stopped behing the line of scrimmage. I would have to say " Hats off to the Wilson Central Defence and Defensive Coach" he and his players did a great job at studying the plays and formations!

Congrats to the Wildcats and the Blaze!

Keep it going Central and take it into next week!

the offense was and has been terrible all season...if that is shooting them down..so be it...

i did not blame a player...i made a laundry list of what is wrong with the offensive side of the ball...and i also said that the blocking formation needs to be changed...but the punter is also too slow and that needs to change too...both need to change...the snap is fine...read the post carefully before you post...

nice game WC - coaches and players prepared and took advantage of what Blackman gave you scheme-wise and by mistakes - that's about what I expected - solid team - you have to earn what you get when you play a team like WC - quite a few very good football players - non "great" IMO but great role and team players in the right positions and in the right place within the play - good luck WC rest of the way

wow - where do I start with MY team? - good overall effort by the kids . . . again - as a team you guys come with effort every Friday night - I think that the kids on the teams you have played would say that, too

defense kept us in the game . . . again - guys flew around to the ball pretty well - it's tough to be consistent as a player with that (effort, concentration, etc.) when you continue to get no "run support" (for you MLB followers) - like PBD said, Overton was terrible, maybe the worst team I've seen Blackman play in the 3 years I've been watching - so don't throw in the "run support" we got there (BHS defenders - if you're out there) to make a case for the offense doing its part

our offense is just plain bad - what offense do we run? - what is our identity as an offense? - what are our strengths personnel-wise? - what is our philosophy as an offense? - too deep-a-questions? - yeah, I thought so

we have the talent to be a very good offense - we had the talent earlier to play with anybody in the state and be successful - I am so tired of EXCUSES and BLAMING THE KIDS (not referring to comments on here!) - I understand that the kids have to be accountable for their responsibility within the game, which is one of the most powerful TEACHING tools available to coaches in this great game - but it's the same song different verse - same game different kids

keep working hard Blackman players - we are proud of you and love you and will be there for you to the end.

I got to ask? What does junk in the trunk mean? I saw them play earlier and thought they were pretty slick on offense. Different, but slick. The Cats are not bad on "D" either. Good win for them last night.

this was a direct quote from "elrod" (i think is his name...he is the older coach at WC) last night after the game...as he came up to me and my son while we chatted on the field...he used this quote to describe the WC offense...meaning they throw alot of looks, fakes, different things at you when they are on offense...different...not same ole same ole...and their is a reason to the madness...and it sets up other plays...etc...by the way...he was very gracious to us in defeat and gracious as the winning coach

so i used his quote in my apprasial of their "O" because i thought it was a good description of what they do...

different but slick will work too...

and they do fly to the ball...hard to beat them on the edge as well...but their coaches were screaming before every play to their players on the field what we were going to run...and 80% of the time it was right...i did the chains...so i heard it directly...