Region 6-5a

cougar31

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin has the best shot, hands down. Brentwood doesn't have the offense to go with solid D. Cenntennial has Scales who is phenomenal, but not enough else. Ravenwood has shown streaks of great play but inconsistency will prevent trip to state. Franklin is solid in all phases of the game and as long as the players stay focused and don't read their press clippings, and coaches stick to their strengths, I believe they have a legit shot to win state. My picks for playoffs are Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Cenntenial in that order.

I think the winner of this week's Brentwood/Franklin game should have the inside track. I picked Brentwood coming into this year, but their offense just hasn't been anything special. Franklin, meanwhile, has been dominant in almost every aspect of the game. But no matter what the records are coming in, there is just a totally different level of play when these two get together.

Franklin has the best shot, hands down. Brentwood doesn't have the offense to go with solid D. Cenntennial has Scales who is phenomenal, but not enough else. Ravenwood has shown streaks of great play but inconsistency will prevent trip to state. Franklin is solid in all phases of the game and as long as the players stay focused and don't read their press clippings, and coaches stick to their strengths, I believe they have a legit shot to win state. My picks for playoffs are Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Cenntenial in that order.

Why in that order Centennial is doing much better than Ravenwood this year. I think it should be Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Ravenwood, but it will depend on who wqins the Franklin vs. Centennial game.

Why in that order Centennial is doing much better than Ravenwood this year. I think it should be Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Ravenwood, but it will depend on who wqins the Franklin vs. Centennial game.

I hate to rain on your parade because CHS is looking better this year, but CHS has not played anywhere near the competition that FHS, RHS, and BHS have played. The hardest game was against BHS which they lost 28-7. They should still make the playoffs, but will probably be the 4 seed. Still a great improvement over the past.

Centennial has two quality wins in Indy and Siegel. But CHS won't get a real region test until Ravenwood. Ravenwood has played inconsistently this season, but they have had two great wins in Brentwood Academy and Brentwood, and was one bad break away from beating the nation's 20th ranked team last night. They are not a team to be taken lightly.

Big heads up....BRENTWOOD BEAT CENTENNIAL

Franklin

Brentwood

Ravenwood

Centennial

after seeing last nights score i think ravenwood has the potential to finish third in the region and if they can get a streak at the end of the year maybe make 2nd round playoffs. Centennial has 4 region games in a row. Centennial probably can take Dickson by a 14 or so but i think ravenwood and franklin will be too much for them also Columbia shouldnt be taken lightly either

winner of Franklin/Brentwood takes region title, loser is second. Its the game of the season. I think Franklin will be favored but can be upset by Brentwood for sure. I just hope they get a better officiating crew than last season. Ravenwood and Centennial fight for third and fourth. I guess Indy could sneak in there but I doubt it.

As far as order of how the region will finish, it depends mostly on the Brentwood vs. Franklin game, as well as the Centennial vs. Ravenwood game (assuming nothing crazy happens). If I had to guess, I would think the region would end as such:

1. Franklin

2. Ravenwood

3. Brentwood

4. Centennial

As far as state, it has to be Franklin with the best shot.

winner of Franklin/Brentwood takes region title, loser is second. Its the game of the season. I think Franklin will be favored but can be upset by Brentwood for sure. I just hope they get a better officiating crew than last season. Ravenwood and Centennial fight for third and fourth. I guess Indy could sneak in there but I doubt it.

Don't dismiss Indy yet. From what I've been able to gather, they may be starting to come together. They do have the talent to make it interesting. I'm just not sure they have the coaching expertise to make it happen. We shall see. I hope they make a fight of it and prove all the naysayers wrong as a team, not simply one or two players for individual or school recruiting honors. That, I suppose, is where the coaching will come into play.

It is true Centennial hasn't played the competition that many of these other region foes has. They do have the quality wins over Siegel and Independence. The Indy win in particular will benefit them greatly if it comes down to a tie breaker between the two schools. Centennial won the head to head match and would win the tie breaker.

Franklin should win the region. With Brentwood being the runner-up. Predicted order of finish:

Franklin

Brentwood

Ravenwood

Centennial

Indy