East v. West - Battle of Morristown

HSFootballFan7

First off my name is Ryne cause of Ryne Sandberg a famous baseball player (dont ask me) second i believe its going to be a fight between the defenses cause both offenses are good at what they do but proof shows our defense is better. as they stated we are bigger, faster, and stronger then their team but..dont get me wrong we might not blow them out but it will be a good game for everyone to come and watch. so dont get me wrong im not getting big headed cause we're 4-1 and west is 3-2 im just saying videos have proven it. another reason i am posting on here is cause i dont want everyone else doing the trash talking, as someone else stated we're not talking cause we're waiting for friday to show it.. we expect ya'll to watch, dont trash talk till you have something to trash talk about.

A few too many qualifiers in that post for my taste. Have some confidence, Sandberg! If you think you're going to win, then say it clearly and stand by it.

You say that "videos have proven" that East is 4-1? Good. If I were an East fan, then I would insist on having that proof on hand at all times, since anyone with knowledge of East football would never believe it without some kind of documentation.

And what is this proof that your defense is better? I'm skeptical.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few too many qualifiers in that post for my taste. Have some confidence, Sandberg! If you think you're going to win, then say it clearly and stand by it.

You say that "videos have proven" that East is 4-1? Good. If I were an East fan, then I would insist on having that proof on hand at all times, since anyone with knowledge of East football would never believe it without some kind of documentation.

i said the videos have proven how much better then them we are and yes i believe we are going to win i just dont want it to be taken that im trash talking about west they do have a descent team...but we're just way better and friday we're going to prove it

I know you would like to still be living in the era when woods was your coach and west was ranked and all the talent was on that end of town...............................but things change. There is a reason that Fredericks and Brooks tried to come to east. They grew up with the guys at east and know how good they are. I am not predicting a win but just pointing out that the talent level has shifted. East is as fast or faster than west and probably as strong as any team in the 5 rivers.

I know you would like to still be living in the era when woods was your coach and west was ranked and all the talent was on that end of town...............................but things change. There is a reason that Fredericks and Brooks tried to come to east. They grew up with the guys at east and know how good they are. I am not predicting a win but just pointing out that the talent level has shifted. East is as fast or faster than west and probably as strong as any team in the 5 rivers.

Fredericks and Brooks? Don't know who you're talking about. If they tried to transfer to East, I can only assume that it was for the superior academics. What exactly stopped them from transferring?

You're not predicting a win? What a surprise! Losing ~ nine of the last ten would make me a little hesitant as well. Still, I'd like to see someone show a little courage. I'll bet you go to the track and try to bet that all the horses will 'have a good time.' Make a stand, compadre.

And why, just out of curiosity, do you have so little respect for West's current coaching staff? I feel like the East side of town made some mythical figure out of Coach Woods. He put his pants on in the morning the same way you do. Except once his pants were on, he went out and won region championships. I need more cowbell.

And Sandberg, honestly, West has a "descent" team? Please, crack a book occasionally; I'd prefer not to be ordering food from you at Akita Express after you graduate from high school.

Fredericks and Brooks? Don't know who you're talking about. If they tried to transfer to East, I can only assume that it was for the superior academics. What exactly stopped them from transferring?

You're not predicting a win? What a surprise! Losing ~ nine of the last ten would make me a little hesitant as well. Still, I'd like to see someone show a little courage. I'll bet you go to the track and try to bet that all the horses will 'have a good time.' Make a stand, comadre.

And why, just out of curiosity, do you have so little respect for West's current coaching staff? I feel like the East side of town made some mythical figure out of Coach Woods. He put his pants on in the morning the same way you do. Except once his pants were on, he went out and won region championships. I need more cowbell.

And Sandberg, honestly, West has a "descent" team? Please, crack a book occasionally; I'd prefer not to be ordering food from you at Akita Express after you graduate from high school.

It is obvious that you are just some loudmouth who thinks he is smarter than what he really is hiding behind a keyboard. You know the little yapping dogs that just bark and never bite? That is you.

West mades woods mythical and we at east just make fun of that fact.

East has some class and we do not predict wins against anybody because of that.

As far as Ryne goes, stop jabbing at him, he is a high school kid and a good one at that.

If you want, you can message me and sit with me at the game and flap your gums all you want..........but you will not. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is obvious that you are just some loudmouth who thinks he is smarter than what he really is hiding behind a keyboard. You know the little yapping dogs that just bark and never bite? That is you.

West mades woods mythical and we at east just make fun of that fact.

East has some class and we do not predict wins against anybody because of that.

As far as Ryne goes, stop jabbing at him, he is a high school kid and a good one at that.

If you want, you can message me and sit with me at the game and flap your gums all you want..........but you will not. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What type of weak sauce invitation is that? Don't tell me I can sit with you and then tell me I won't do it. Poor form.

I do commend you for your class, and I'm glad that it keeps you from predicting wins against West. However, this class does happen to coincide with about a dozen years of hardly ever beating West, so you can understand how I might confuse it for resignation to the inevitable.

And I hope you're not putting me in the category of West fans that have mythologized Coach Woods. I will say that I have heard Superman sleeps in pajamas with Don Woods' picture on them, but I cannot confirm that.

I can confirm that I think I'm smarter than I actually am, but let's keep me out of this. They play the game for a reason. Although sometimes I wonder if that reason isn't just to embarrass Morristown East.

A little confused by this post. What do you mean that this East team has never lost to West? Are you referring to freshman games? Because if East has won the last four freshman games, then the only part of this East team that hasn't lost to West would be this year's sophomores. Are sophomores leading the team this year? If so, are you really this confident about your chances?

And why in the first paragraph do you completely rule out the possibility that East will kick a field goal? I would think that after scoring zero points a year ago, East would be happy for anything they can get. Three points would be an embarrassment of riches, presumably.

And this 'Zoo Crew,' why are they called that? Where did they get such fantastical nicknames? What type of name is Ryne? Why do you inexplicably switch to all caps sometimes?

I'll be honest, this post raised more questions than it answered.

I'll also make this observation: every year, I'm amazed by the fact that East fans don't come into this game with an overwhelmingly meek attitude. This year appears to be no different.

Mr. T if I can call you Mr. Do you ever read what you type before you post it? I ask this because of the first paragraph. Unless West thinks that they play East (as Freshmen) four times a year, then how can only this year's Sophmores be the only ones that haven't lost to West? but, none the less let me clarify.... A Turner Quarterbacked team has never lost to West. Therefore.... this "team" has never lost to West.

Next paragraph... I ruled out the field goal because East will not settle for three points this year. If they are that close they will just go ahead and drive it down their throats. BTW they haven't attempted a field goal all year... why start now?

Next paragraph... Are you kidding me?....Gator... Goose...Rhino DUH !!! I guess that because "Little Man" was already taken they had to come up with something else. As for your question about the name Ryne, Without trying to put words in your mouth, a more fitting response from you should have been ....Oh Yeah!! And the all caps (for those of you that are new to this internet stuff) means Emphasis or should I say that I was trying to stress the point.

I hope that I answered your questions for you and that this didn't raise any more but if I did... jot them down and I will be happy to answer them for you. Until then I will just add that I stand by my prognostication....East 35 West 10.

P.S. Rhino... I noticed you posted last night at 11:38 (or somewhere around there)...A little late for you on a school night isn't it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What type of weak sauce invitation is that? Don't tell me I can sit with you and then tell me I won't do it. Poor form.

I do commend you for your class, and I'm glad that it keeps you from predicting wins against West. However, this class does happen to coincide with about a dozen years of hardly ever beating West, so you can understand how I might confuse it for resignation to the inevitable.

And I hope you're not putting me in the category of West fans that have mythologized Coach Woods. I will say that I have heard Superman sleeps in pajamas with Don Woods' picture on them, but I cannot confirm that.

I can confirm that I think I'm smarter than I actually am, but let's keep me out of this. They play the game for a reason. Although sometimes I wonder if that reason isn't just to embarrass Morristown East.

You side stepped my invitation like you are a contestant on dancing with the stars. Please man up and be a "Mr.".

Mr. T if I can call you Mr. Do you ever read what you type before you post it? I ask this because of the first paragraph. Unless West thinks that they play East (as Freshmen) four times a year, then how can only this year's Sophmores be the only ones that haven't lost to West? but, none the less let me clarify.... A Turner Quarterbacked team has never lost to West. Therefore.... this "team" has never lost to West.

Next paragraph... I ruled out the field goal because East will not settle for three points this year. If they are that close they will just go ahead and drive it down their throats. BTW they haven't attempted a field goal all year... why start now?

Next paragraph... Are you kidding me?....Gator... Goose...Rhino DUH !!! I guess that because "Little Man" was already taken they had to come up with something else. As for your question about the name Ryne, Without trying to put words in your mouth, a more fitting response from you should have been ....Oh Yeah!! And the all caps (for those of you that are new to this internet stuff) means Emphasis or should I say that I was trying to stress the point.

I hope that I answered your questions for you and that this didn't raise any more but if I did... jot them down and I will be happy to answer them for you. Until then I will just add that I stand by my prognostication....East 35 West 10.

P.S. Rhino... I noticed you posted last night at 11:38 (or somewhere around there)...A little late for you on a school night isn't it? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yes, now this one I liked. A response with a little vigor.

I guess I'm misunderstanding again. This year's seniors have lost to West their sophomore and junior years. This year's juniors lost to West their sophomore year. This year's sophomores were (I assume) not a part of the varsity football team at East any year prior to this one, so they have yet to lose to West. This would make them the only portion of the East varsity that has never lost to West. I may be too dense to get what you're saying. Please don't lose patience; explain to me again if I'm still not getting it.

East has made it through five games without attempting a field goal? And you seem proud of this. If they're that close they will "drive it down their throats?" I love the confidence.

So that means, fourth and nine from the West twelve, your play call would not be a field goal? I find that hard to believe. Scoring zero points for another year just seems to me like it would be too embarrassing. I may be wrong, I'll defer to your judgment here, since YOU GUYS KNOW MORE ABOUT SCORING ZERO POINTS IN THE EAST/WEST GAME THAN I DO. (Ah, emphasis! I get it!)

I enjoy your posting though. You still haven't explained very well why those kids are called Goose and Gator, although I do get Rhino. Again, please take my density into account when replying.

You side stepped my invitation like you are a contestant on dancing with the stars. Please man up and be a "Mr.".

Dancing with the stars? I don't get the reference.

And why should I come sit with you? Who do you think you are? This is a good example of the ridiculous narcissism that may be contributing to East's annual defeat at the hands of Morristown West. Maybe if you guys took the game seriously and quit overlooking it, you might find a little more success.

Dancing with the stars? I don't get the reference.

And why should I come sit with you? Who do you think you are? This is a good example of the ridiculous narcissism that may be contributing to East's annual defeat at the hands of Morristown West. Maybe if you guys took the game seriously and quit overlooking it, you might find a little more success.

o wow west fans are so cocky! Its annoying.