East v. West - Battle of Morristown

HSFootballFan7

Alright fellers, lets here it. City championship is up for grabs, but more importantly, so is first place in the Five Rivers.

First, let me commend everyone associated with both programs on their fine teams. Also, a great...GREAT venue to watch a football at Burke-Toney Stadium. Probably the best facility in the area.

Quick analysis:

WEST - A lot of big playmakers on this team (as has become the norm). Senior QB who has the ability to get the ball in the hands of a number of weapons. Powerful one/two punch at RB.

EAST - Very similar this year to the Trojans. Believe they can finally match West when it comes to size and speed. A number of weapons in the backfield offensively. Defense, though, appears to be the strength of this team.

I give the Trojans the early nod because of the 37-7 cruise over Crockett and the bye week while East had to fight through two very tough ballgames against Cherokee and Knox Fulton. Both teams a very prone to mistakes in terms of penalties and turnovers. Ladies and gentlemen, I know its cliche, but General Neyland's words could not ever be more true...team with the fewest mistakes will win.

West 28, East 24

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28-24 West???? First of all that assumes that East will either (1) kick a field goal or...(2) Score 4 T.D.'s and not get the extra points. NEITHER of which WILL happen. Yes West has an extra week to get ready for East and they had better have used it wisely. THIS EAST team has NEVER lost to West and I don't see it happening this week either.

East IS coming off their first loss of the season (Fulton) so it will be interesting to see how they respond. My guess is that they will come out with more determination than ever because they do have "SOMETHING TO PROVE".

The defense WILL be the biggest factor and I believe that nod has to go to the EASTMEN as well. VERY VERY fast and will lay a hit on you. I.E. James Howell, Demarcus Knight, Matt Helton, Tyler Wills, David McMahan, Tyler Sloan, Demetrius Clark, Jared Broyles, and let's not forget the men up front now known as the "ZOO CREW": Gator, Goose and Rhino. ( James Gulley, Chandler Christian, and Ryne Fair... just because I know they would like to see their given names as well.)

Anyway, East is hungry and this shoud be a Feast for the Beast from EAST.................East 35......West 10.

Alright fellers, lets here it. City championship is up for grabs, but more importantly, so is first place in the Five Rivers.

First, let me commend everyone associated with both programs on their fine teams. Also, a great...GREAT venue to watch a football at Burke-Toney Stadium. Probably the best facility in the area.

Quick analysis:

WEST - A lot of big playmakers on this team (as has become the norm). Senior QB who has the ability to get the ball in the hands of a number of weapons. Powerful one/two punch at RB.

EAST - Very similar this year to the Trojans. Believe they can finally match West when it comes to size and speed. A number of weapons in the backfield offensively. Defense, though, appears to be the strength of this team.

I give the Trojans the early nod because of the 37-7 cruise over Crockett and the bye week while East had to fight through two very tough ballgames against Cherokee and Knox Fulton. Both teams a very prone to mistakes in terms of penalties and turnovers. Ladies and gentlemen, I know its cliche, but General Neyland's words could not ever be more true...team with the fewest mistakes will win.

West 28, East 24

are you saying that the five rivers first place is limited to mo. east or west?

are you saying that the five rivers first place is limited to mo. east or west?

Not saying that at all. Greeneville will make it a 3 horse race. But if you look at the standings, the winner of this game will be in first (could be tied with the Devils at the top, but first nonetheless).

ShadeTreeCoaches...glad you can see the future. Instead of worrying about high school football games, why not tell us how our country will be in a few years..more importantly, the economy. See the future and let us know so we can try and turn things around and prevent any catastrophes! And I hate to correct you, but the majority of players on East's squad were a part of the 10-0 loss at the hands of West last year (who also had quiet a few players in the game). So, I guess they HAVE lost to West before. One final note, as far as SOMETHING TO PROVE...West has the same mentality, so I guess thats a push. Considering East has been getting all the pomp and circumstance (rightfully so), West has been sort of the 2nd story this year. A win over the Canes would do wonders in helping the Trojans the rest of the way.

Folks, I cannot predict the future, but I can tell you the score WILL be 0-0 when the opening kickoff occurs. Looking forward to a great game on Friday!

Not saying that at all. Greeneville will make it a 3 horse race. But if you look at the standings, the winner of this game will be in first (could be tied with the Devils at the top, but first nonetheless).

ShadeTreeCoaches...glad you can see the future. Instead of worrying about high school football games, why not tell us how our country will be in a few years..more importantly, the economy. See the future and let us know so we can try and turn things around and prevent any catastrophes! And I hate to correct you, but the majority of players on East's squad were a part of the 10-0 loss at the hands of West last year (who also had quiet a few players in the game). So, I guess they HAVE lost to West before. One final note, as far as SOMETHING TO PROVE...West has the same mentality, so I guess thats a push. Considering East has been getting all the pomp and circumstance (rightfully so), West has been sort of the 2nd story this year. A win over the Canes would do wonders in helping the Trojans the rest of the way.

Folks, I cannot predict the future, but I can tell you the score WILL be 0-0 when the opening kickoff occurs. Looking forward to a great game on Friday!

I think ShadeTreeCoaches is think about when these players were Freshman. I think Morristown East

Freshman have won the last 4 game. I fell this is the 1st year were East may have more Talent. We all know

that Morristown West has had East # as of late. If we play a good game and have no turnover, we win this

game going away. I could not say this in pass meeting, because we didn't have the players.

Keys:Will East's control West passing game? How well will West run the football? Who has the more costly

turnovers? Can West Stop T-Howell & company? Kicking game, which Morristown West has the advanage.

Should be a great game, GO Canes!

28-24 West???? First of all that assumes that East will either (1) kick a field goal or...(2) Score 4 T.D.'s and not get the extra points. NEITHER of which WILL happen. Yes West has an extra week to get ready for East and they had better have used it wisely. THIS EAST team has NEVER lost to West and I don't see it happening this week either.

East IS coming off their first loss of the season (Fulton) so it will be interesting to see how they respond. My guess is that they will come out with more determination than ever because they do have "SOMETHING TO PROVE".

The defense WILL be the biggest factor and I believe that nod has to go to the EASTMEN as well. VERY VERY fast and will lay a hit on you. I.E. James Howell, Demarcus Knight, Matt Helton, Tyler Wills, David McMahan, Tyler Sloan, Demetrius Clark, Jared Broyles, and let's not forget the men up front now known as the "ZOO CREW": Gator, Goose and Rhino. ( James Gulley, Chandler Christian, and Ryne Fair... just because I know they would like to see their given names as well.)

Anyway, East is hungry and this shoud be a Feast for the Beast from EAST.................East 35......West 10.

A little confused by this post. What do you mean that this East team has never lost to West? Are you referring to freshman games? Because if East has won the last four freshman games, then the only part of this East team that hasn't lost to West would be this year's sophomores. Are sophomores leading the team this year? If so, are you really this confident about your chances?

And why in the first paragraph do you completely rule out the possibility that East will kick a field goal? I would think that after scoring zero points a year ago, East would be happy for anything they can get. Three points would be an embarrassment of riches, presumably.

And this 'Zoo Crew,' why are they called that? Where did they get such fantastical nicknames? What type of name is Ryne? Why do you inexplicably switch to all caps sometimes?

I'll be honest, this post raised more questions than it answered.

I'll also make this observation: every year, I'm amazed by the fact that East fans don't come into this game with an overwhelmingly meek attitude. This year appears to be no different.

A little confused by this post. What do you mean that this East team has never lost to West? Are you referring to freshman games? Because if East has won the last four freshman games, then the only part of this East team that hasn't lost to West would be this year's sophomores. Are sophomores leading the team this year? If so, are you really this confident about your chances?

And why in the first paragraph do you completely rule out the possibility that East will kick a field goal? I would think that after scoring zero points a year ago, East would be happy for anything they can get. Three points would be an embarrassment of riches, presumably.

And this 'Zoo Crew,' why are they called that? Where did they get such fantastical nicknames? What type of name is Ryne? Why do you inexplicably switch to all caps sometimes?

I'll also make this observation: every year, I'm amazed by the fact that East fans don't come into this game with an overwhelmingly meek attitude. This year appears to be no different.

I agree with some of your observation. As a Fan of East, it has been really humbling losing to

Morristown West about every year. East went thru 2 Head Coaches before we landed Coach Hatcher.

Before Hatcher came to East, Morristown West out Coach us every year. They also had more talented

players then East had. Coach Woods did a much better job improving his players, then East. We

will not get out coach now, it's up to the players too get it done. This is the 1st time in many years,

we have the Talent that Morristown West has.

Alot of times, the best team will not win. Look how Morristown West gave a game away to S-hill.

It all come down to turnover & big plays. We just got to find away, of getting that Morristown West

monkey off our back. Win Or lose, the season isn,t over. Both teams will be better from playing

this game. With any luck, the loser could get a rematch come playoff time. Go Canes!

First off my name is Ryne cause of Ryne Sandberg a famous baseball player (dont ask me) second i believe its going to be a fight between the defenses cause both offenses are good at what they do but proof shows our defense is better. as they stated we are bigger, faster, and stronger then their team but..dont get me wrong we might not blow them out but it will be a good game for everyone to come and watch. so dont get me wrong im not getting big headed cause we're 4-1 and west is 3-2 im just saying videos have proven it. another reason i am posting on here is cause i dont want everyone else doing the trash talking, as someone else stated we're not talking cause we're waiting for friday to show it.. we expect ya'll to watch, dont trash talk till you have something to trash talk about.