East v. West - Battle of Morristown

HSFootballFan7

o wow west fans are so cocky! Its annoying.

Oh..come now Lady30Canes5. Its all good entertainment. Everybody gets a chance to say their piece. Yes, West fans are pretty cocky...but East fans have been strutting with their chest out this year, too. Honestly, what good fans don't proudly proclaim the success of their teams?

This is exactly why this game is my favorite of the year. Because the Morristown fans are so passionate about it..but you know after the game is played and the dust is settled...its still a great community.

Now...back to the prognostications! ....and a little trash talk!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dancing with the stars? I don't get the reference.

And why should I come sit with you? Who do you think you are? This is a good example of the ridiculous narcissism that may be contributing to East's annual defeat at the hands of Morristown West. Maybe if you guys took the game seriously and quit overlooking it, you might find a little more success.

Then message me and I will come sit with you little barking dog.

This ort two be a good gaim....Butt eye'll go wif my good buddy transplant's Trojuns......Since tha naim of this thread iz "LET'S GET IT ON"".....Will both teams enter tha stadeeum wif Marvin Gaye sangin' in tha background......??????......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Then message me and I will come sit with you little barking dog.

You are dying for company, 72. I'm not sure why it is that you want me to sit with you so bad. To be honest, I foresee being irritatingly smug all night; do you really want to be around that?

And would you feel comfortable in the West stands? No offense, but we're not quite as classy on the Western side of town. We eat nachos. We're a Main Street crowd, while I suspect from your replies that you're more Wall Street.

Really, the only thing we have going for us is beating East at football. Luckily, that happens basically every year. Sometimes it happens twice in the same year, which borders on boring a little.

Let me know if you're still interested in sitting with me. If so, I'll send you a map to the field. I assume that I'll need to make Dairy Queen the starting point of the map. Let me know.

This ort two be a good gaim....Butt eye'll go wif my good buddy transplant's Trojuns......Since tha naim of this thread iz "LET'S GET IT ON"".....Will both teams enter tha stadeeum wif Marvin Gaye sangin' in tha background......??????......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I love Marvin's music, but I don't think that song would be the best choice! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are dying for company, 72. I'm not sure why it is that you want me to sit with you so bad. To be honest, I foresee being irritatingly smug all night; do you really want to be around that?

And would you feel comfortable in the West stands? No offense, but we're not quite as classy on the Western side of town. We eat nachos. We're a Main Street crowd, while I suspect from your replies that you're more Wall Street.

Really, the only thing we have going for us is beating East at football. Luckily, that happens basically every year. Sometimes it happens twice in the same year, which borders on boring a little.

Let me know if you're still interested in sitting with me. If so, I'll send you a map to the field. I assume that I'll need to make Dairy Queen the starting point of the map. Let me know.

Yap! Yap! Yap! barked the little dog.

Yes, now this one I liked. A response with a little vigor.

I guess I'm misunderstanding again. This year's seniors have lost to West their sophomore and junior years. This year's juniors lost to West their sophomore year. This year's sophomores were (I assume) not a part of the varsity football team at East any year prior to this one, so they have yet to lose to West. This would make them the only portion of the East varsity that has never lost to West. I may be too dense to get what you're saying. Please don't lose patience; explain to me again if I'm still not getting it.

East has made it through five games without attempting a field goal? And you seem proud of this. If they're that close they will "drive it down their throats?" I love the confidence.

So that means, fourth and nine from the West twelve, your play call would not be a field goal? I find that hard to believe. Scoring zero points for another year just seems to me like it would be too embarrassing. I may be wrong, I'll defer to your judgment here, since YOU GUYS KNOW MORE ABOUT SCORING ZERO POINTS IN THE EAST/WEST GAME THAN I DO. (Ah, emphasis! I get it!)

I enjoy your posting though. You still haven't explained very well why those kids are called Goose and Gator, although I do get Rhino. Again, please take my density into account when replying.

Your understanding of East & West football is alittle off. Morristown West had more Talented

players than East, for the last 10-12 years. Morristown West should have won those games, they had better

players. I not saying Some years the Talent wasn't even. East did win 2 times, out of the last 11 games.

Why do you think Morristown East fans are not confidence in beating West? As a fan, I think we will win

every game.The town is divided by South Cumberland. The better athletes lived on the westside of town.

That has all change now, with the growth of East Hamblem Co. The talent is more spread out.

East's chances of winning this year,is awhole lot better than last year. East had all kinds of injuries,the whole

backfield was sophomores, in 2007 game.

Score: Morristown East 28 Morristown West 7 Go Canes!

Yes, now this one I liked. A response with a little vigor.

I guess I'm misunderstanding again. This year's seniors have lost to West their sophomore and junior years. This year's juniors lost to West their sophomore year. This year's sophomores were (I assume) not a part of the varsity football team at East any year prior to this one, so they have yet to lose to West. This would make them the only portion of the East varsity that has never lost to West. I may be too dense to get what you're saying. Please don't lose patience; explain to me again if I'm still not getting it.

East has made it through five games without attempting a field goal? And you seem proud of this. If they're that close they will "drive it down their throats?" I love the confidence.

So that means, fourth and nine from the West twelve, your play call would not be a field goal? I find that hard to believe. Scoring zero points for another year just seems to me like it would be too embarrassing. I may be wrong, I'll defer to your judgment here, since YOU GUYS KNOW MORE ABOUT SCORING ZERO POINTS IN THE EAST/WEST GAME THAN I DO. (Ah, emphasis! I get it!)

I enjoy your posting though. You still haven't explained very well why those kids are called Goose and Gator, although I do get Rhino. Again, please take my density into account when replying.

My Dear, Dear Mr.T... one more time...Every time a class graduates, you wind up with a different team. This years East team is not the same as last years East team nor the year before that. Does that help you any?

Yes, we have not attempted a field goal yet. If we can't drive it in, then we will just have to settle for field position. I did not say that I would play it that way and I can't speak for the coaching staff.

As for why Goose and Gator are called that. I don't know... maybe you should ask Gator's dad, Flash. Interesting huh?

Thank you for enjoying my response I am very proud of it, but now it is my turn to ask you some questions.

Why have you not predicted an outcome? I believe I know the answer to this one but I'd like to hear you say it.

Why won't you take up '72's offer?

Can I spell decent?

Why do the drive thru ATM machines have Braille dots on the keypad?

Why do we drive on a parkway but we park in the driveway?

I've always heard that if you have to ask for respect you probably don't deserve it and if you have to ask to be called Mr. .....Well.....you know.

Hope to see you there tomorrow night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />