East v. West - Battle of Morristown

HSFootballFan7

Congratulations to East. Big win.

Thank You!!!!

As a team, East has to learn to put games away. We saw it against Karns,Cherokee and West. We must take care of the ball!!!!! I am proud of our guys and for the hustle they show.

I hope that people now understand that with the way we turn the ball over, it has not been a one man show but rather that our D has won us games this year. They stepped up big again last night and bailed us out.

To West: DO NOT GET DOWN ON BROWN!!!!

He is the right coach for the job. West is not as talented as years past and Woods knew it was changing and that is why he left. It had nothing to do with "coaching with his brother" because before that, he applied for the Science Hill job. Woods was about Woods. Brown is not.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You!!!!

As a team, East has to learn to put games away. We saw it against Karns,Cherokee and West. We must take care of the ball!!!!! I am proud of our guys and for the hustle they show.

I hope that people now understand that with the way we turn the ball over, it has not been a one man show but rather that our D has won us games this year. They stepped up big again last night and bailed us out.

To West: DO NOT GET DOWN ON BROWN!!!!

He is the right coach for the job. West is not as talented as years past and Woods knew it was changing and that is why he left. It had nothing to do with "coaching with his brother" because before that, he applied for the Science Hill job. Woods was about Woods. Brown is not.

I couldn't have said it better myself. East's D may not be "in the caliber" as Catholic's but if I remember correctly, one of West's td's came on a trick play and the other drive started on the one yard line. Still, the defense is the strength of this team and maybe someone will realize that and give them the credit they deserve.

Offense wins games....Defense wins championships.

I couldn't have said it better myself. East's D may not be "in the caliber" as Catholic's but if I remember correctly, one of West's td's came on a trick play and the other drive started on the one yard line. Still, the defense is the strength of this team and maybe someone will realize that and give them the credit they deserve.

Offense wins games....Defense wins championships.

I think East gave West their TD just before half time when they

were not satisfied with a good lead with 1 minute 25 seconds to

go. This was the only negative in the game.

Overall , East beat West on both offense and defense. The fans

enjoyed a hard hitting game. Tyler had his best game running

the ball. Tee and the other backs did a good job as usual. Wills

played outstanding pass protection on the long balls and the

LB's and linemen held up their end holding West in check.

Congratulations Canes !!

I thought it was funny how Derwin Helton said in the tribune that "jones rolled out and avoided the pressure" before the final pick. He threw the pick due to pressure and got nailed as he let it go. To say what he did would mean Jones threw the pick and puts the blame on the QB. It was 4th down and he had to get rid of it or take a sack. I guess when you spend your whole exsistance seeking burgers and watching games and never playing them, it would be very easy for someone to not have a clue. The same for Brian Trent. How cool would it be for someone who played the game(started not rode the pine or was a manager) to write about it. Wills played a great game and had one pick. The other 2 had been gifts and he just caught the ball. I am not taking away from him but just pointing out that when you are a "sportswriter", you should celebrate good play and have a greater knowledge of the game than the average fan who knows little and think whoever scores the TD should be the MVP of the game.

The most valuable player of the East-West game this year was the Dline for East but the pics in the tribune will be running backs,qbs and db's and nobody writing has enough knowledge about football to see it so I thought I would point that out.

Congratulations to East High on their win. Trojans played their hearts out against the Canes and vice versa. I am not knocking either team in any way here, but I would like to have seen how this game plays out without the 8 total turnovers (5 West/ 3 East).

35 total points in the game, and I believe 28 were results of teams "making the breaks and when they came their way...score" as the ole cliche goes.

But still, a very exciting game that lived up to its billing. My hat's off to both teams.

Congratulations to East High on their win. Trojans played their hearts out against the Canes and vice versa. I am not knocking either team in any way here, but I would like to have seen how this game plays out without the 8 total turnovers (5 West/ 3 East).

35 total points in the game, and I believe 28 were results of teams "making the breaks and when they came their way...score" as the ole cliche goes.

But still, a very exciting game that lived up to its billing. My hat's off to both teams.

I hope we can have a rematch this year. I would love too see both teams make a run

deep in this year playoff. Go luck to both teams, hope to see you in November.

I thought it was funny how Derwin Helton said in the tribune that "jones rolled out and avoided the pressure" before the final pick. He threw the pick due to pressure and got nailed as he let it go. To say what he did would mean Jones threw the pick and puts the blame on the QB. It was 4th down and he had to get rid of it or take a sack. I guess when you spend your whole exsistance seeking burgers and watching games and never playing them, it would be very easy for someone to not have a clue. The same for Brian Trent. How cool would it be for someone who played the game(started not rode the pine or was a manager) to write about it. Wills played a great game and had one pick. The other 2 had been gifts and he just caught the ball. I am not taking away from him but just pointing out that when you are a "sportswriter", you should celebrate good play and have a greater knowledge of the game than the average fan who knows little and think whoever scores the TD should be the MVP of the game.

The most valuable player of the East-West game this year was the Dline for East but the pics in the tribune will be running backs,qbs and db's and nobody writing has enough knowledge about football to see it so I thought I would point that out.

Canefan 72, you're an idiot. The MVP's of the game were Tyler Wills and Tyler Turner. The D-Line had a small impact on the game. They had pressure on Jones maybe three times during the game. Sure they stopped the belly runs, but that had to do also with the LBs cheating up to the line and helping to stop the run.

As for your crack at Derwin and Brian, you should look in the mirror before throwing stones at them. They do a fine job, and the stories by Derwin and Matt Daniels in the paper did a great job of painting the picture of the game and the seniors from East finally getting a win over West. Get off your high horse and realize that your boy is not the star that you think he is.

Canefan 72, you're an idiot. The MVP's of the game were Tyler Wills and Tyler Turner. The D-Line had a small impact on the game. They had pressure on Jones maybe three times during the game. Sure they stopped the belly runs, but that had to do also with the LBs cheating up to the line and helping to stop the run.

As for your crack at Derwin and Brian, you should look in the mirror before throwing stones at them. They do a fine job, and the stories by Derwin and Matt Daniels in the paper did a great job of painting the picture of the game and the seniors from East finally getting a win over West. Get off your high horse and realize that your boy is not the star that you think he is.

I never mentioned my son and he plays linebacker anyway. You tell me not to take a shot and then you take one at my son? You know who I am and if you want to man up, let me know who you are. Yes, I have developed a gut and am aware of that so the mirror is not needed but keep in mind who is behind this gut and run your mouth not your keyboard. If you are dumb enough to think the articles paint an accurate picture then you discredit your whole opinion on anything.

Gulley,Sloan,McMahan,Christian all had big games and the Dline played great. My son had 2 tackles and played his role and I never have said he is a star due to the fact that I can view talent for what it is. If you want to shoot off your mouth in person, look me up. If not, shut up and stop taking your shots at my 16 year old kid and myself.

My initial post was to actually defend Jones from west. If you watch the game, his hand was hit by a dlineman as he threw it and it was picked by Wills and he was under pressure and had to get rid of the 4th down pass or take a sack. The other was just overthrown. West gained nothing between the tackles(Dline) and that had alot to do with how west called the rest of the game. They got pressure on Jones more than 3 times. Put down the popcorn and watch the game!!!!!

Turner played a great game as did Wills but our Dline got zero credit for what they did and I just pointed out the fact that the people writing the articles really do not know any better. Sorry if it hurt your feelings and made you take shots at my kid. I would gladly say what I typed to any "sportswriter" face to face. Can you say what you typed face to face? No!!

bigdaddy that is sooooo impressive. "They had pressure on Jones maybe three times during the game. Sure they stopped the belly runs....." Let's look at the stats...West--91 yards on 34 attempts for an average of...2.68 yards per attempt... East..256 yards on 42 attempts for an average of..6.095 yards per attempt..West 7 of 17 passing for 111 yards (with three picks) and East 3 out of 9 for 13 yards with 1 pick.

That sounds more like a domination than just a "sure they stopped the belly runs" and one of the LBs actually complained that he wasn't getting more tackles this year because the D-line wasn't blocking for him, but thats another story.

You are right in one aspect though...Tyler and Tyler had great games, but everyone knows that a Quarterback can't do his job without a great line in front of him and a defensive back can't make great picks if someone isn't getting pressure on the quarterback. Let me ask you this... Who is more important... the player that causes a fumble or the one that recovers it. the person who causes the quarterback to throw a bad pass or the one who intercepts it? But, who gets the praise and the headlines because "most" writers are unknowledgeable of what is actually going on down on the field... they just want to paint pretty pictures of two teams trying to impose their will on each other.

As for that attack on '72's son....Dude that is going way over the line....that team is full of stars. Thats why they are 5 and 1. No one person has to do it all because they are a Team and a great one at that.