East v. West - Battle of Morristown

HSFootballFan7

My Dear, Dear Mr.T... one more time...Every time a class graduates, you wind up with a different team. This years East team is not the same as last years East team nor the year before that. Does that help you any?

Yes, we have not attempted a field goal yet. If we can't drive it in, then we will just have to settle for field position. I did not say that I would play it that way and I can't speak for the coaching staff.

As for why Goose and Gator are called that. I don't know... maybe you should ask Gator's dad, Flash. Interesting huh?

Thank you for enjoying my response I am very proud of it, but now it is my turn to ask you some questions.

Why have you not predicted an outcome? I believe I know the answer to this one but I'd like to hear you say it.

Why won't you take up '72's offer?

Can I spell decent?

Why do the drive thru ATM machines have Braille dots on the keypad?

Why do we drive on a parkway but we park in the driveway?

I've always heard that if you have to ask for respect you probably don't deserve it and if you have to ask to be called Mr. .....Well.....you know.

Hope to see you there tomorrow night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, thank you, I now see what you're saying. This year's East team has never lost to West. They've never played West, so it would be obvious that they've never lost, making it idiotic for you to mention it, so that's why I was confused. I am confused no longer, so let's move on.

I'm unclear on another point though: what is this obsession that you people have with me sitting with 72 at the game? Can he not afford popcorn? I'm not ruling out the possibility of my sitting with him, I just don't understand the request. Does he think I'm scared to sit with him? Should I be scared to sit with him?

You can spell adequately.

How do you know that ATM's have Braille? I've always assumed that you people invest your money strictly in Pepsi 12-packs and Dollywood season passes. Please clarify.

Why do we drive on a parkway? We do it to get where we're going, of course. And from what I can gather, Morristown East High School alumni drive on parkways in order to deliver pizzas to western Morristown. That seems fundamental to the whole process of delivering a pizza, so I'm surprised you didn't know that. I refuse to judge you, however, and I praise the work that you do for the community. I'll offer a friendly warning though, they'd better not forget my extra pepperoni next time, or it's coming out of your tip.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thank you, I now see what you're saying. This year's East team has never lost to West. They've never played West, so it would be obvious that they've never lost, making it idiotic for you to mention it, so that's why I was confused. I am confused no longer, so let's move on.

I'm unclear on another point though: what is this obsession that you people have with me sitting with 72 at the game? Can he not afford popcorn? I'm not ruling out the possibility of my sitting with him, I just don't understand the request. Does he think I'm scared to sit with him? Should I be scared to sit with him?

You can spell adequately.

How do you know that ATM's have Braille? I've always assumed that you people invest your money strictly in Pepsi 12-packs and Dollywood season passes. Please clarify.

Why do we drive on a parkway? We do it to get where we're going, of course. And from what I can gather, Morristown East High School alumni drive on parkways in order to deliver pizzas to western Morristown. That seems fundamental to the whole process of delivering a pizza, so I'm surprised you didn't know that. I refuse to judge you, however, and I praise the work that you do for the community. I'll offer a friendly warning though, they'd better not forget my extra pepperoni next time, or it's coming out of your tip.

I have no doubt that you really love "pepperoni".

You show the traditional Trojan class by attacking the intelligence of East alumni.

I have no doubt that you really love "pepperoni".

You show the traditional Trojan class by attacking the intelligence of East alumni.

Why did you put pepperoni in quotes?

And by no means should anyone judge the traditional Trojan class by my behavior on this message board.

Your understanding of East & West football is alittle off. Morristown West had more Talented

players than East, for the last 10-12 years. Morristown West should have won those games, they had better

players. I not saying Some years the Talent wasn't even. East did win 2 times, out of the last 11 games.

Why do you think Morristown East fans are not confidence in beating West? As a fan, I think we will win

every game.The town is divided by South Cumberland. The better athletes lived on the westside of town.

That has all change now, with the growth of East Hamblem Co. The talent is more spread out.

East's chances of winning this year,is awhole lot better than last year. East had all kinds of injuries,the whole

backfield was sophomores, in 2007 game.

Score: Morristown East 28 Morristown West 7 Go Canes!

Except for the score prediction, the above is a pretty fair assessment. The only team that has held West's offense to 7 or fewer points this season has been Catholic and I don't think East's defense is at the same level as the Irish. Since the opener, the Trojan O has shown the ability to score and score often.

With that said, however, take away the Crockett score and the West D has given up an average of 27 ppg. That's just about what the Canes O is averaging per game so far although East has one of these weakest schedules around (Canes' SOS = .346). Regardless, I agree that this is East's best opportunity in a while to take the County Championship (the city has no school system, remember!). So, assuming there's no significant turnovers or excessive penalties by either, I can see this game as being one of the most entertaining to watch in a long time.

Good luck to both and get there early if you want a seat! I'll say East 28 West 24.

This has to be the funniest East-West thread in years...Mr. T loves to rile up the East faithful and in fact I think the only time he has posted since joining in 2003 is when East and West play each year. Keep it coming /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Congratulations to the Hurricanes for a breakthrough win!

Don Woods got out when the gettin' was good. He knew the talent shift.

That said, I have thought M-E underachieved last year in a serious way. While many people picked them to do great things over the past few years, they needed to get past West. They have finally done it! I think we will see a real power shift in the next few years.

Watch out, G'ville and Sullivan South.

Except for the score prediction, the above is a pretty fair assessment. The only team that has held West's offense to 7 or fewer points this season has been Catholic and I don't think East's defense is at the same level as the Irish. Since the opener, the Trojan O has shown the ability to score and score often.

With that said, however, take away the Crockett score and the West D has given up an average of 27 ppg. That's just about what the Canes O is averaging per game so far although East has one of these weakest schedules around (Canes' SOS = .346). Regardless, I agree that this is East's best opportunity in a while to take the County Championship (the city has no school system, remember!). So, assuming there's no significant turnovers or excessive penalties by either, I can see this game as being one of the most entertaining to watch in a long time.

Good luck to both and get there early if you want a seat! I'll say East 28 West 24.

Great game tonight, East's Defense played great. Holding Morristown West under 100 yards on the

ground is a good night. Offense is really coming around, We do have other players than just T-Howell.

Turner (QB), played a great game. T-Howell is just a special player, he makes everyone better.

We still turnover the football too much. We had Morristown West on the Ropes with a 21-7 lead late in the

3th Quarter. Morristown East is a good team now, but they could be a great team, if we learn to put teams

away.

Great job Coach Hatcher, Coach Seals & all the other coaches. Really want to give Coach D a job well done!

Your DB have really come on, keep up the good work. Homecoming this week, GO Canes!

Can't help but love the passion...if you want to call it that...that both schools have for their teams!!! Having said that...WAY TO GO 'CANES!!!:0D) and BTW, that was courtesy of a Class of 1996 Morristown EAST alum!!! Don't worry Trojan fans...my sis in law is West Class of 2004 alum...I'll enjoy tormenting her instead of the rest of you guys!!!LOL I'm sure it was a great game, wish I could''ve been there!!!

Go 'CANES!!!

Leslie