Smyrna @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

Smyrna v. Oakland  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Smyrna v. Oakland

Well, I have crawled out of my hole from Friday night??™s game. It was un-real to see 2 teams battle like that. Some one had to lose and it was unfortunately Smyrna.

Congratulations to Oakland, for the huge win and rapping up a playoff birth. It is well disserved. Some of the Smyrna old timers were upset with the championship like rush of the field at the end of the game but I had no issue with it. It was a program defining victory and you all deserved to celebrate it as such.

Smyrna now has to battle their back sides off to join you. It is doable but it will take some good football play??¦??¦against some great football teams??¦??¦.that are still left on the schedule. They need to win, no less then 2 of the 3 games to have a shot to be there.

2P, thanks for calling out my comment in your thread on Smyrna??™s D. They are silly Fast and Very Physical and they sure put it on display Friday night. I have to say, Oakland too has a ???Sick??? defense and it will make them very hard to beat in the future.

I sure enjoyed the game and hope Smyrna will practice hard and play with passion the rest of the year.

I??™m sure there are many teams that do not want to see Smyrna make it into week 11 because if they make it??¦??¦??¦..they will sure be a tough out for anyone.

That??™s the mission and I hope the young men still have their eyes focused on that goal.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They took a few shots down the field. On one of them before the half, the receiver made a nice adjustment on the ball and made a catch for 30 yards or so, which led to Smyrna's first field goal of the night. I think he def has the arm, he just needs to learn to pull the string just a little bit better

You are right. He has a nice arm and he is improving with it every week. He is a sophomore and this is his 1st year at QB. He was a receiver up until now.

I think it is confidence. His footwork is getting better............He has above average arm strength and below average as a accurate QB

He could be a good one if he believes in himself and he's coaches. That should come with experience.

You are right. He has a nice arm and he is improving with it every week. He is a sophomore and this is his 1st year at QB. He was a receiver up until now.

I think it is confidence. His footwork is getting better............He has above average arm strength and below average as a accurate QB

He could be a good one if he believes in himself and he's coaches. That should come with experience.

I was impressed, even in the face of pressure, he never tried to do more than he could. He did what the staff asked of them and gave Smyrna a great chance to win. I think it is a given with time, he is going to be a very dangerous QB.

2P I no your going to be at this one.... We'll be in Paris for them other Pats, that are going to finally wrap up 4A this year. Good luck this Friday.

Over course I voted for your Pats /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I might not understand your post, but by the look of it, you seem to think that the Oakland Smyrna game is this friday.

2P I no your going to be at this one.... We'll be in Paris for them other Pats, that are going to finally wrap up 4A this year. Good luck this Friday.

Over course I voted for your Pats /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep......I was there but next time I will have to carry a portable defibulator ( sp?)with me. It was a rough one. Holler at me if you are down my way, buddy. Good luck to your boys.

Let's just hope that Bryson's is in slow mode Friday night...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Let me just start by saying if u are going to pick out one person from an entire team and base the way the game is played on that one person something is wrong with you because that is not how football works!!!! It is a TEAM sport not a one man game!!!

Smyrna safety, game tied 7-7 3rd Qtr

Still tied 4th Qtr

This game was not a win or loose by either team! Eachteam played their hardest and it showed not by the score but by the game. Bulldogs deserved that win as much as oakland

I bet your wrong. I think it goes to 4 OT and Oakland wins by 7 in a barnburner.

mark my work that how it will go.

oAKLAND DIDNT WIN CRAP THE BULLDOGS WERE ON THEIR BUTT ALL NIGHT LONG AND OAKLAND STRUGGLED TO KEEP US OFF OF THEM BLOW OUT MY @**