Brighton vs Munford

ITSOURTIME

This crap has been going on for the past 2 years and I'm tired of hearing it. If Coach was recruiting, he would still be doing it now. Because I can tell you Darry Marshall would not care. However, the man brought over three players from Memphis with him. Now, I can promise you that recruiting is against TSSAA rules, right? So how come nothing was ever taken into action? I remember being at practice and having random people come try to get information. Heck, an official even came once, during practice. Now why hasn't he been fired? BECAUSE HE HASN'T BEEN RECRUITING, IDOITS! So, now you'll tell me that he knows people in high places and yada yada yada. Bullcrap!

And no one really cares what you hate so you can keep that to yourself, sir. Because they are a great coaching staff. So tell me this, who were his recruits last year when we were region runner ups? Lacy, who everyone tried to call out, which I must was random because he was in my class in 7th grade and has been going to Munford every since. You people have nothing better to do with your lives besides condemning a GREAT (let me say that again) a GREAT coaching staff. He really can't help the players he receives so he works with what he has, and what he has this year are a bunch of babies (I'm trying to keep it G rated. haha)

Now in saying that, I believe that Brighton will break the scoreboard on Munford. Unless they find some fire in their souls, they will get demolished. Good luck anyways.

Last year when we were runners up we had Chris Madison. He was from Melrose in Memphis.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of what you said is news to me. I have never heard of any of those people, but thanks for informing me. Believe it or not, I do not hate Munford. I do not love Henry County (I just retired here in recent years but I am not from here), but I have become a fan of our local team. I coached for a while in Mississippi and now I simply watch. I thought about approaching the local coach and asking to volunteer, but my wife would not hear of it. I have opinions on most things and I am usually blunt. I ruffle some feathers but I have never cared. If what you say about the situation in Munford is correct, then that is really something. I do not follow your "Charger" comment.

The football booster club in the northern part of Tipton county has been trying to get him to come and replace Coach Beau since he took that program downhill. Can you imagine Coach Randall having access to "Memphis" type players in Tipton county. It may spell doom for the rest of the county.

The football booster club in the northern part of Tipton county has been trying to get him to come and replace Coach Beau since he took that program downhill. Can you imagine Coach Randall having access to "Memphis" type players in Tipton county. It may spell doom for the rest of the county.

Why would it spell doom? Munford is in worse shape than before he got there. To my knowledge he didn't beat Covington with his team full of recruits, and barely beat Brighton. Then last year barely beat Covington and got beat by Brighton. This year he got killed by Covington. I don't really think the rest of the county is worried.

If he comes up here to Covington, will they play terrible defense like Munford does?

Having Randle in Covington? I think that Coach Beau knows the x's and o's better and will encourage his D-coorinator to trade tape and make a game plan. If he can't get the talent walking the halls at Munford to show up with all the support football has in that school, how would do it at Covington? If he made that move he would have to actually teach a class while trying to win under the pressure of an overbearing booster club.

I really don't think Covington is, was, or will be too interested in him for a multifude of reasons. I'm sure Coach Beau hasn't gotten near the support that some of the former coaches have gotten at that school from the start.

I've always heard that talent comes in cycles and that sometimes the well runs dry. Covington is not on a high with talent right now nor is Munford. Many "good coaches" tend to leave when they see the well getting low - hard to get a good job when your losing and it's easier to coachup talent. Maybe Beau should have bailed after year 1 and maybe Randle should have looked for a better retirement back in Shelby Co. Will they be able to ride it out till the well refills?

Why would it spell doom? Munford is in worse shape than before he got there. To my knowledge he didn't beat Covington with his team full of recruits, and barely beat Brighton. Then last year barely beat Covington and got beat by Brighton. This year he got killed by Covington. I don't really think the rest of the county is worried.

If he comes up here to Covington, will they play terrible defense like Munford does?

Your a fool. Munford won 16 games over a 8 to 10 year period between Marshall and Randall. Coach Randall has equaled that win total in less then 3 seasons. But lets not allow facts to get in the way of your point.

Your a fool. Munford won 16 games over a 8 to 10 year period between Marshall and Randall. Coach Randall has equaled that win total in less then 3 seasons. But lets not allow facts to get in the way of your point.

Is Randle on the way to Covington? Can you beat Brighton? What makes them better than last year?

Is Randle on the way to Covington? Can you beat Brighton? What makes them better than last year?

I'll say this about Brighton they are very good at what they do and I feel that after looking at what they do well and if your pass defense isn't up to the task they will give Henry County all you want. If your not ready to play Brighton you very well could come out like you did against us two years ago. They have gotten real good at throwing the ball. Last year they had a talented running back this year it's a QB and receivers. They run two basic sets doubles and trips but they'll do a lot of things with it and screen a lot. Is Randall on the way to covington naw he's in his class room teaching class we can't leave school during school hours. Can we beat Brighton? On paper no. Look at the post with common teams Brighton wins by 21 Munford losses by 21 that's a difference of 42 points but friday night isn't played on paper and down we might be but we're going to catch somebody as they say not looking.

I'll say this about Brighton they are very good at what they do and I feel that after looking at what they do well and if your pass defense hasn't gotten a lot better they will give Henry County all you want. If your not ready to play Brighton you very well could come out like you did against us two years ago. They have gotten real good at throwing the ball. Last year they had a talented running back this year it's a QB and receivers. They run two basic sets doubles and trips but they'll do a lot of things with it and screen a lot. Is Randall on the way to covington naw he's in his class room teaching class we can't leave school during school hours. Can you beat Brighton? On paper no. Look at the post with common teams Brighton wins by 21 Munford losses by 21 that's a difference of 42 points but friday night isn't played on paper and down we might be but we're going to catch somebody as they say not looking.

I always enjoy reading your posts cougarmike. As an ex cougar I will always pull for Munford. The talent shifts back and forth in the county. This year it happens to be Brighton. I like the fact the Cardinals are having success since I am a spread guy. Your buddy formerly of the city school on Covington Pike.

I'll say this about Brighton they are very good at what they do and I feel that after looking at what they do well and if your pass defense isn't up to the task they will give Henry County all you want. If your not ready to play Brighton you very well could come out like you did against us two years ago. They have gotten real good at throwing the ball. Last year they had a talented running back this year it's a QB and receivers. They run two basic sets doubles and trips but they'll do a lot of things with it and screen a lot. Is Randall on the way to covington naw he's in his class room teaching class we can't leave school during school hours. Can we beat Brighton? On paper no. Look at the post with common teams Brighton wins by 21 Munford losses by 21 that's a difference of 42 points but friday night isn't played on paper and down we might be but we're going to catch somebody as they say not looking.

What about the Brighton defense? Do you feel like you can move the ball on them, and if so, how? I saw where you picked them to beat Henry County. If you are serious, then they must be for real.

I will have to agree with switzer about munford D. Since the D coor. left they play no D. I dont even think they replaced him. I am kind of impressed with randall how he can call offense and defense during a game. I could be wrong they might have hired a D cooridinator but I dont believe so and since the one that left was randalls asst. coach at east and did a great job on the defensive side I think that is where they hurt.

What about the Brighton defense? Do you feel like you can move the ball on them, and if so, how? I saw where you picked them to beat Henry County. If you are serious, then they must be for real.

Defense is pretty sound. Brighton runs a six man front and do a good job of taking away the inside run with their down people. Outside they have speed and attack with their corners and roll over the top with the safety. Do you mean can we move the ball at all will be the question that we will have to answer friday night. John McCay once was asked how he felt about the execution of his offense and he responded he was in favor of it. Well we're not that bad but we've had our difficulties. Youth, inexperience, injuries, some key people having to move have all come into play this season and we've had to have some young people step up and take on rolls that they may not be ready for yet but we will look at this as a chance for young players to get ready for a bright future here at Munford. I will say this about Brighton and Henry County it should be a good game but if Henry takes them lightly they will beat you. If your on then you will blow them out. If Henry is on no one will be close until second round. Good luck.