Trenton Peabody @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

Thanks for taking up 1 minute of my life for complete BS that I care nothing about. We had 3 starters out against West Carroll. We hammered Halls (432 rushing yards I might add), you lost to Halls. Congrats on beating Trenton. We played without our QB for most of the second half due to an injury! Congratulations, your Falcons are riding a high wave after beating West Carroll!!!!!

voodoo, I admitted we couldn't stop your 3 plays and that resulted in 2 big TD's for ya'll. I agree that we should've gone for it on 4th and 1 as we were at 4th and inches SEVERAL times. As for the facilities at GC not being good. YOU'RE WRONG! Go look in that field house and say it's not top notch! Our field house is HUGE and contains up-to-date lifting equipment, as well as a film room with a projection tv, as well as a medical room, as well as a coaching office where each coach has his own desk. I'll say you're wrong on that subject. GC did have more athletes than Trenton last night. Don't forget, everyone of those skilled athletes will be back next year. We also still have 6 timeouts left over from that game. Right before halftime, we had the ball at the 50 yard line with 3 timeouts left and we let the clock run out. I didn't understand that but oh well. Congrats to Trenton and good luck to them this year!

I was just messing with you..Didn't mean to get you and voddo at odds with each other..You said Gibson Co had a quarterback out..Lake Co had their best two players out when you saw them..Doesn't matter though...I've admitted that we haven't got a defense..You don't seem to admit your Pioneers are just as bad...Give Lake Co a little love..We're just a little ole Single A team..Same in basketball..You never want to give Lake Co credit..You're always picking Trenton..Humboldt..over our boys and Bradford and Trenton over our girls..Just show a little love !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may be reading to much into my statements. I never said Scott was a bad coach. I think everyone on the staff is a good coach in some aspect of the game. Argo on offense, Scott on defense, etc. However, since you asked, IMO there is no one on the staff who is head coaching material. There is no one looking at the program as a whole. I'm talking about 7th-12th grades. The freshman get no coaching at all. That guy is a total joke, and is killing the program. A change has been made at the Jr. high level but from what I understand they have 3 or 4 coaches down there now. A true head coach would show more interest in the kids coming a want them to know the fundimentals of the game before they are Jrs.

The practices are a joke, there is no comp. for starting jobs, little contact, and even less intensity. I don't clame to be an expert, but in know one thing for sure. Comp. makes everyone better. And one of the biggest complaints I hear from players and parents, is the fact no one is allowed to compete for a spot in the line up. The offense looks great against a dummy defense, who are not allowed to go full speed because a starter might get hurt, but how has that been working out on Friday nights? I am a realist, I know the talent is down, but these kids are being hamstringed and are not ready to play most game nights. The turn overs, the loss of 40 sacks, the inability to block, tackle,or line up is all the proof I feel I need to make this statement.

So, what needs to happen in respect to the freshmen and junior high programs? Do all the coaches need to be dismissed and new ones hired? I really want to know what you would do if you could make changes in the whole Trenton football program. What specifically would you do?

OK here are some ideas.....

1. Jr. High......I think things may be back on track now. The new coach seems to be teaching and preaching the fundies. That is what these kids need to learn first and foremost. So let try to keep him around.

2. Freshman........Throw the bum out. Quick, fast, and in a hurry! Move Coach Hudson down to coach the Freshman team. Also this idea of Fresham not dressing for Friday night games, or practicing with the varsity is just wrong. They are on the same team after all.

3. Start a quarterbacks club, all monies raised goes to the football program, and only the football program.

4. Relive Coach Hodges of duty. What ever his duty is.

5. Demote Scott to defensive co.

6. Open the head coaching job to applicants. Hire the most qualified applicant from outside the program. Allow the new head coach to replace any coaches left that he sees fit, or keep them all.

You know, you actually have some good points there.

#1. Who is the jr high coach? I pretty much just come to the high school games, so I really don't keep up with freshman or junoir high. Is it a real concentrattion on fundementals? Do you think he will do a good job? In my opinion, that is where it all has to start.

#2. Why move this Hudson to freshman? Is he good with them or somthing?

#3. What exactly is Hodges's job? I think he is one of my kids teachers at the middle school.

#4. I agree on Scott. He is a really good defensive guy. But, a defensive guy could still be head coach.

Last - not a bad idea to open it up. It wold be good to see what kind of interest Peabody would get out of whoever is out there.

Free, you seem like the kind of person who is intrested in the true health of the program at Peabody. You have some good ideas.

G.C. wins this one easy. Peabody has a program in dire trouble. The coaching staff is not dedacated to winning, the players have no confindence in the staff, and we had a good kid and a great team player quit last week because the coaching staff has not changed anything to correct the problems. Every game we get way behind and we don't put any back ups in, so next year will not be a lot better. We have some talent this year but the three coaches kids on the team get the playing time, not the players who can play. That is what is destroying this team from the inside out. Crap like a player quiting after last season because "we are going to stink", coming back after the second game this year, and being put in as a starter. Taking a spot that a kid earned during the summer.

Sorry for the rant.....I needed to get that off my chest. For myself, a growing number of Tide fans, and especialy Some of the players and parents I know who can't say it themselves.

ROLL TIDE

Is this sarcasm?

I think the main poision pill is all the coaches kids on the team. A lot of the players don't feel like any of them should be starting this year. But they get the nod and nobody else even gets a look in practice, let alone any playing time when we are down by 4 TD's in the 4th. The word I get is the coaches won't play anyone else because they might show up their kids. Second is a Jr. who quit after the season ended last year. I have had no less than 20 people tell me he quit because " they are going to stink" next year. Now a senior, he some how got back on the team after the second game this season, and took a starting job from a kid without competing for it. That are the two biggest issues I am hearing every Friday night. But there are more. Especialy reguarding the Freshman coach, I guess in short players and fans feel like the staff is holding the program hostage.

Now on Coach Argo, I don't know him but he seems to care about the kids. And that should be first concern in my book every time. I don't know how good a coach he is, but he put the talent where it was needed last year. So he can't be too bad at his job. I have not heard one bad word about Argo from anyone. From what I understand one man is calling all the shots this year, no other coach has any say so in anything.

But it dosen't do any good to complain, nothing will change. We have a long history of letting good head coaches go and keeping bad ones for years. Maybe in 4 years we will have a new one......nope. We will see one of the current coaches promoted and any solid applacation from elsewhere tossed in the trash. (Buisness as usual)

Sarcasm here too?

Oh, you mean the same Rossie Jones who got kicked off last years team? Only to be brought back this year and be made a star? Now thats shows coaching class.

Sarcasm calling out another teen?

I think you may be reading to much into my statements. I never said Scott was a bad coach. I think everyone on the staff is a good coach in some aspect of the game. Argo on offense, Scott on defense, etc. However, since you asked, IMO there is no one on the staff who is head coaching material. There is no one looking at the program as a whole. I'm talking about 7th-12th grades. The freshman get no coaching at all. That guy is a total joke, and is killing the program. A change has been made at the Jr. high level but from what I understand they have 3 or 4 coaches down there now. A true head coach would show more interest in the kids coming a want them to know the fundimentals of the game before they are Jrs.

The practices are a joke, there is no comp. for starting jobs, little contact, and even less intensity. I don't clame to be an expert, but in know one thing for sure. Comp. makes everyone better. And one of the biggest complaints I hear from players and parents, is the fact no one is allowed to compete for a spot in the line up. The offense looks great against a dummy defense, who are not allowed to go full speed because a starter might get hurt, but how has that been working out on Friday nights? I am a realist, I know the talent is down, but these kids are being hamstringed and are not ready to play most game nights. The turn overs, the loss of 40 sacks, the inability to block, tackle,or line up is all the proof I feel I need to make this statement.

Was this another attempt of sarcasm?

OK here are some ideas.....

1. Jr. High......I think things may be back on track now. The new coach seems to be teaching and preaching the fundies. That is what these kids need to learn first and foremost. So let try to keep him around.

2. Freshman........Throw the bum out. Quick, fast, and in a hurry! Move Coach Hudson down to coach the Freshman team. Also this idea of Fresham not dressing for Friday night games, or practicing with the varsity is just wrong. They are on the same team after all.

3. Start a quarterbacks club, all monies raised goes to the football program, and only the football program.

4. Relive Coach Hodges of duty. What ever his duty is.

5. Demote Scott to defensive co.

6. Open the head coaching job to applicants. Hire the most qualified applicant from outside the program. Allow the new head coach to replace any coaches left that he sees fit, or keep them all.

Was this taken out of context or sarcasm?