WEBB VS. RYAN

GOAT2000

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at this game last night and I must say that it was a hard-fought game from start to finish. Webb took the opening kickoff and marched to the FR 1 and could not punch it in on 4th down. From there, both teams established some offense but both defenses kept stopping each other. Back and forth throughout the game.

FR never penetrated deeper than Webb's 35 yard line or so and Webb finally finished a drive and scored mid-4th quarter. The PAT was no good. Webb ended the game by picking off a pass and running out the clock.

FR had a good QB who ran hard as well as a good WR #15. Their RB #16, I believe, ran extremely hard and was tough to bring down. #25 was a load at TE. FR's O-line was big but not near as good as last year's. The FR defense ran to the ball well and loaded the box to stop the run with mixed results.

Webb's offense was workmanlike. Nothing flashy, just the wing-t executing like it is designed. FR put 9 in the box and Webb was still able to run the ball. Webb's #20 is very quick and made some really nice cuts. Webb's QB #10 hit a few key passes also. Webb's line was outsized by a large margin but were holding their own most of the game. #59, #64, #74 and #57 all played well up front. Webb's defense played a great game. Webb's LBs #73, #5 and #54 were active. FR never threatened to score all night. The Webb secondary had a couple of picks and faced a no-huddle spread offense for the first time and was able to control it. Their D-line got good push against a large FR front and pressured the FR QB several times. The two safeties for Webb, #23 and #27 played a great game. Both broke up several passes and made several key stops in run support. Webb's CBs, #3 and #4 each had a pick and were solid in run support also.

All in all... a tough "old-school" football game between two determined teams. I will say, the venue at Greer Stadium is the absolute worst place I have ever watched a football game. It's a real shame that FR doesn't have their own place. Couldn't understand the PA announcer because the sound system was so bad and muffled, seats were way off the field, playing on the dirt infield etc. etc.

Was at this game last night and I must say that it was a hard-fought game from start to finish. Webb took the opening kickoff and marched to the FR 1 and could not punch it in on 4th down. From there, both teams established some offense but both defenses kept stopping each other. Back and forth throughout the game.

FR never penetrated deeper than Webb's 35 yard line or so and Webb finally finished a drive and scored mid-4th quarter. The PAT was no good. Webb ended the game by picking off a pass and running out the clock.

FR had a good QB who ran hard as well as a good WR #15. Their RB #16, I believe, ran extremely hard and was tough to bring down. #25 was a load at TE. FR's O-line was big but not near as good as last year's. The FR defense ran to the ball well and loaded the box to stop the run with mixed results.

Webb's offense was workmanlike. Nothing flashy, just the wing-t executing like it is designed. FR put 9 in the box and Webb was still able to run the ball. Webb's #20 is very quick and made some really nice cuts. Webb's QB #10 hit a few key passes also. Webb's line was outsized by a large margin but were holding their own most of the game. #59, #64, #74 and #57 all played well up front. Webb's defense played a great game. Webb's LBs #73, #5 and #54 were active. FR never threatened to score all night. The Webb secondary had a couple of picks and faced a no-huddle spread offense for the first time and was able to control it. Their D-line got good push against a large FR front and pressured the FR QB several times. The two safeties for Webb, #23 and #27 played a great game. Both broke up several passes and made several key stops in run support. Webb's CBs, #3 and #4 each had a pick and were solid in run support also.

All in all... a tough "old-school" football game between two determined teams. I will say, the venue at Greer Stadium is the absolute worst place I have ever watched a football game. It's a real shame that FR doesn't have their own place. Couldn't understand the PA announcer because the sound system was so bad and muffled, seats were way off the field, playing on the dirt infield etc. etc.

They will be getting a wonderful facility in the near future. It is very deserved. I just do not understand the lack of

production by the offense. I know that they have a very good coach that is farily new to the program, but

knoxville webb is not that strong this year by their standards. Has any other teams from middle tennesee played

knox webb?

Knox Webb lost to both PJP 14-9 and Ensworth 28-7. The PJP game probably should have been a win. Penalties and TOs really hurt Webb on several scoring drives. The Ensworth game was very competitive. Game was tied for a while 7-7. Webb was trailing 14-7 with the ball and had a kid get injured, carted off the field and sent to the hospital via ambulance. After that, they lost their emotion and focus but still hung tough.

Their lack of production last night was a result of a pretty good Webb defense that returned 9 starters from last year. Webb is only allowing around 13 points per game.

I hate to say it, but Ryan will be fortunate to win another regular season game of the remaining season. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This was predicted before the season began! Did most of the people that know anything about football not say that the Irish should finish 4-6 or 5-5? The gap between Father Ryan and most of the other teams in D2 is getting much larger every season. It seems strange that the Irish are able to win in soccer, wrestling, basketball, baseball, etc... but they are light years away in football.

This was predicted before the season began! Did most of the people that know anything about football not say that the Irish should finish 4-6 or 5-5? The gap between Father Ryan and most of the other teams in D2 is getting much larger every season. It seems strange that the Irish are able to win in soccer, wrestling, basketball, baseball, etc... but they are light years away in football.

Oh here we go again. It doesn't seem strange to people who know Ryan. We are not going to compete with two or three of the most elite programs in the whole country. No, we are not. And to Ryan's credit, they will not do what it takes to do that, this is a school first and foremost, whose primary purpose is to educate, everything else is gravy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm sure Father Ryan was confident this past Friday night against Knox Webb. Once the game started, they knew they were in a fight with a team they thought had no chance to beat them.

I think it fired Knox Webb up that Father Ryan didn't provide a locker room for Knox Webb and they had to change in the parking lot or bus.

Knox Webb doesn't have the numbers or depth of athletes that DII teams have, in fact they dress about 50 players and dozen or so of them are freshman. What Knox Webb does have are a staff of very good coaches who squeeze every ounce of their ability out and makes them competitive with much better, more athletic teams.

Oh here we go again. It doesn't seem strange to people who know Ryan. We are not going to compete with two or three of the most elite programs in the whole country. No, we are not. And to Ryan's credit, they will not do what it takes to do that, this is a school first and foremost, whose primary purpose is to educate, everything else is gravy. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Is there a school rule that says you are not able to have great academics and a successful football program at the same time? If the volleyball, soccer, wrestling & baseball teams are able to compete with some of the top teams in the USA, why would the football team not be able to do the same?