NEW CLASSIFICATION #s

riverrat

If their enrollment increases by 15% 2 years into the next classification period, they will have to move up.

Anyone from Trinity reading this????????? With the multiplier it won't take that many students for you to get moved up.

With Fayette Academy jumping today, I wonder if they will reconsider.

Question, if a Division I school in 2A gets bumped up to 3A in two years with enrollment increases, would they then have the option of going to Div II ?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wild guess on the Chattanooga area districts. Schools without numbers in front don't have football, that's their playoff classification in football only.

Chattanooga Class A and east of the city:

21st Century Academy 122

1A-David Brainerd Christian School 110 =198

Sale Creek School 211

1A-Copper Basin High School 222

Tennessee Temple Academy 210 =378

2A-Silverdale Baptist Academy 236 = 425

2A-Grace Baptist Academy 241 = 434

2A-Boyd Buchanan High School 278 =500

Mostly west of Chattanooga, Class A

Richard Hardy Memorial School 111

1A-South Pittsburg High School 243

1A-Lookout Valley High School 253

2A-Whitwell High School 382

2A-Signal Mountain High School 454

Chatt. School for the Arts & Sciences 454

2A-Marion Co. High School 494

West of Chattanooga, west side of Chattanooga, Class AA

3A-Bledsoe Co. High School 542

3A-Sequatchie Co. High School 681

3A-Grundy Co. High School 757

4A-Chattanooga Christian School 428 = 770

3A-Hixson High School 761

4A-Red Bank High School 981

Chattanooga Class AA

3A-Howard School of Academics & Tech. 695

3A-Tyner Academy 553

Collegedale Academy 381 =686

4A-East Ridge High School 857

4A-Brainerd High School 906

4A-Notre Dame High School 507 =913

4A-East Brainerd 948

East of Chattanooga, Class AA

3A-Tellico Plains High School 515

3A-Meigs Co. High School 559

3A-Polk Co. High School 603

3A-Sweetwater High School 667

4A-McMinn Central High School 802

4A-Sequoyah High School 982

Chattanooga/Chattanooga area, Class AAA

5A-Chattanooga Central High School 1065

5A-Cleveland High School 1303

6A-Walker Valley High School 1459

6A-Rhea Co. High School 1472

6A-McMinn Co. High School 1530

6A-Soddy-Daisy High School 1570

6A-Bradley Central High School 1682

6A-Ooltewah High School 1909

Some like Boyd-Buchanan may still be on the line between classes, and this is before any team moves up.

It makes absolutely no sense why Whitwell would be 2a. I still think A should only have 1a in it for the playoffs with AA- 2a and 3a and AAA- 4a and 5a. That would take care of the non-football A schools and allow a balance in the number of schools in the classes for the playoffs. Or here is a novel idea, go back to A, AA, and AAA they way it was in 1992.

I wonder how long it will take for the privates to leave TSSAA and start their own league- Since this comes down to money anyway, why give the TSSAA a cut of anything? I predict after 4 years, the privates will have a new league, flush with cash and TSSAA will want them back. Not every public school has a following like Alcoa, Milan, etc. especially very small public schools or large metropolitan schools with very little football following.

I wonder how long it will take for the privates to leave TSSAA and start their own league- Since this comes down to money anyway, why give the TSSAA a cut of anything? I predict after 4 years, the privates will have a new league, flush with cash and TSSAA will want them back. Not every public school has a following like Alcoa, Milan, etc. especially very small public schools or large metropolitan schools with very little football following.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Alcoa & Austin East will be the "heavy hitters" in 3A in East-TN. Tyner & Boyd Buchannan will also likely be out there with them.

In the midstate Goodpasture will be the favorite. Pearl Cohn will also be a contender. DCA, CPA, & Co. are all going D-II last time I checked.

In West-TN you will have Milan & Westview as the major players.

3A is going to be very tough /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Alcoa & Austin East will be the "heavy hitters" in 3A in East-TN. Tyner & Boyd Buchannan will also likely be out there with them.

In the midstate Goodpasture will be the favorite. Pearl Cohn will also be a contender. DCA, CPA, & Co. are all going D-II last time I checked.

3A is going to be very tough /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Right now Boyd will be 2A and I would say glad of it. 3A will be a nightmare come play-offs

CPA is staying DI

DCA, FRA are moving